FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   [Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1443218-archived-2015-aa-com-website-app-down-glitch-bug-fix-etc-consolidated.html)

HNL Mar 21, 2015 10:19 pm

Nothing to see here. the SAN - DFW flights will reappear on Sunday.

AA loads schedule changes on Saturday night that results in a) flights being removed (makes it seem like aa is dropping routes) and then b) flights being added.

kdinino Mar 21, 2015 10:45 pm

had no idea...was thinking of booking something tonight but will wait until tomorrow

HNL Mar 22, 2015 1:55 pm

Everything is back. June 19 shows 9 AA flights on SAN - DFW

alecheverry Mar 28, 2015 3:32 pm

2 hours trying to make it work unsuccessfully... havent been able to book a flight or check my acoount

CMK10 Mar 28, 2015 3:34 pm

I've been unable to login for over 5 hours now.

Cannonball Run Mar 28, 2015 3:37 pm

tried with 3 different browsers - nada - with flights to both confirm and book.... was the site scheduled to be down???

DenverBrian Mar 28, 2015 3:45 pm

Sit-and-spin on aa.com. On the Android mobile app, this message:

We're working on our systems. Account access may be unavailable and the site may be slower than usual.
Update: aa.com finally did display a login page. Both aa.com and the mobile site now display this when trying to log in:

Access to your account is unavailable

We're working on our site, and account access is unavailable. Please come back soon to book award travel or manage your account.

TWA884 Mar 28, 2015 9:01 pm

Posted by JDiver on another thread:

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 24579955)
Friends,

AA and US FFPs are currently merging into the AAdvantage program. 100 million accounts are involved, with myriad details to be migrated and justified.

Many times we've experienced that during weekend batch processes, our accounts may not be available, or show as zeroed out. This is "the mother of batch processes", so instead of Saturday - Sunday account blackouts, it could last longer.

<snip>

Expect this through the weekend, with possible breakthrough periods (or not), and possible recurrent thumps and bumps occasionally from under the hood.

In the meantime, try using your apps.

And: Some of this is discussed in Gary Leff's interview with AA's Suzanne Rubin here.

mvoight Mar 29, 2015 12:02 am

Changes noticed:

1. Website now also requests you last name when logging in.
Why? In case someone has your account number and password, but not your last name?

2. US Airways flights now show up. When selected, it automatically redirects you to the US Airways site.
3. Something is screwed up. Here is the first part of my listing of reservations, showing a flight on hold until 3/31/15 :
04/17/15 LAX On Request on 03/31/14
Apparently I am a year late in buying my ticket.

alecheverry Mar 30, 2015 9:15 am

It finally is working for me, I took me 4-5 hours to be able to log on into my account.

aktchi Mar 30, 2015 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 24581874)
1. Website now also requests you last name when logging in.
Why? In case someone has your account number and password, but not your last name?

Right. With AA + US accounts merger, AA figures there is a nonzero chance that this could happen.

springpa Mar 30, 2015 2:27 pm

Locked out of AA.Com

I have been locked out of the AA.com website and am unable to change my password. So far neither the AA IT Dept. or Aadvantage has been able to help. Any one else having similar difficulties?

OsoJoe Mar 30, 2015 2:40 pm

I can't even get to aa.com

The URL redirects to http://validate-sjc.www.aa.com/?v_lo...obileUAFlag=AA and I get a "This webpage is not available"

sbrower Mar 30, 2015 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by springpa (Post 24590522)
I have been locked out of the AA.com website and am unable to change my password. So far neither the AA IT Dept. or Aadvantage has been able to help. Any one else having similar difficulties?

Yes, same. It was reported last night, by a very competent agent to whom I was speaking, as a "defect" which I believe is a prioritized level of "really bad problem that needs to be fixed."

jaxbill Mar 30, 2015 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by springpa (Post 24590522)

Did you have a US account that was matched? I think everyone has one of their two accounts locked out permanently.

Assuming you have different usernames/passwords for US and AA, did you try logging in with both sets of credentials?

For the account that survived and was not disabled, you should be able to use one of the following for your username (regardless of the survived account is AA or US):

- AAdvantage number
- USDM number
- User name (might be your e-mail address but could be a non-email name)