Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Reserve / Select Meal Entree / Main Course via website (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Effective 12 Oct 2014, meal selection is available from 30 days to 24 hours before flight (This meal selection was suspended temporarily 12 Sep - 10 Dec 2015.)

Special meal (Asian vegetarian, Kosher, Muslim, Low sodium, etc.) requests may be requested where offered. See this post for the list of available special meals.

[
Reserve your entrée before you fly

Flying in First or Business Class? We’re the first U.S. airline to offer you the choice to reserve your entrée on American Airlines flights with scheduled meal service. To enjoy this personalized service, simply reserve your meal at least 24 hours before departure.
  • Available for customers traveling on American Airlines in First or Business class, on the majority of flights that are scheduled to offer a meal.
  • You can reserve your meal beginning 30 days (and up to 24 hours) before you depart

• If you change your flight, reservation is required again

• Meals may not be available at times as there is a limit on numbers.

Information About Entrée (Main Course) Reservations:
  • Entrée reservations are available in First and Business class on American Airlines marketed and operated flights
  • We can begin accepting reservations 30 days prior to travel and all orders must be completed at least 24 hours before departure
  • If your original itinerary changes, please reselect your entrée preference
  • We will do our best to accommodate your request, but there may be instances that prevent us from fulfilling your selection

Problems? Try a DM using Twitter or call.

Also see

Note: the old order in which meal preferences are taken by Flight Attendants ("FEBO") ended on 1 Sep 2014. See "FEBO dead 1 Sep 2014 - new system based on flight direction & time zone change".

Thanks to wiki "plank holder" hillrider.
Print Wikipost

Reserve / Select Meal Entree / Main Course via website (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Not sure if this is in here somewhere.

Flying economy in the MCE seats between SFO and PHL later this month.
Got the "reserve your entrée" option so clicked on that and I've three choices ranging from £6.99-$8.99 to buy.

Does my BA GGL / GCH (OWE or whatever) still mean I pay this should I want something? I was under the impression, at least on the plane, status / flashing a shiny card lets you have snacks etc. for free.

I can easily grab a couple of bagels from the lounge beforehand so I'm not going to starve, but it's nice to know if the option is there.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by xenole

Got the "reserve your entrée" option so clicked on that and I've three choices ranging from £6.99-$8.99 to buy.

Does my BA GGL / GCH (OWE or whatever) still mean I pay this should I want something? I was under the impression, at least on the plane, status / flashing a shiny card lets you have snacks etc. for free.

I can easily grab a couple of bagels from the lounge beforehand so I'm not going to starve, but it's nice to know if the option is there.
One item free is for EXP's only, not OWE (If I'm not mistaken)
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
LAX-HNL Dinner/Breakfast late October 2018

LAX-HNL Dinner
Grilled Pork Chop
With mushroom medley, shiitake bread pudding and haricots verts

Braised Curry Chickpeas
With cilantro rice, sautéed red bell pepper

HNL-LAX Breakfast
Omelette Omelette selected
With paniolo beef hash

Waffles
Chef Sam's pineapple compote, syrup
Old Oct 19, 2018, 12:38 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by xenole

I noticed a similar option for an upcoming BOS-LAX flight in MCE—reserve online and pay onboard. I don't think I've ever seen this before, so I'm wondering if it's a recent thing.

Originally Posted by enviroian
One item free is for EXP's only, not OWE (If I'm not mistaken)
I think technically it's for EXPs, but I am now a OWE instead of an EXP and have been proactively offered a free snack and drink as well. I believe the handheld devices that the FAs carry make no distinction between EXPs and OWEs; both show up as green on their seating chart.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Admirals Club Member, HHonors
Does anyone have any experience with the new transcon menu? I'm currently planning on the Katsu cod, but could be moved off that w/ other reviews.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
One my recent flight SFO-DFW, I over heard the FA commenting that he doesn't use the manifest for the food service. He was coming through the cabin handing out a card describing the options for breakfast. When it was my turn to speak with him, I just played along and selected the same item I had pre-selected. I foresee this becoming a problem as he makes his way through the cabin at some future point.

He's going to offer options that are no longer available for a person(s) that had preselected in advance. So much for this potential EXP member having their order "given" away just because the FA didn't refer to the manifest to see status and/or preselection of meal options.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
One my recent flight SFO-DFW, I over heard the FA commenting that he doesn't use the manifest for the food service. He was coming through the cabin handing out a card describing the options for breakfast. When it was my turn to speak with him, I just played along and selected the same item I had pre-selected. I foresee this becoming a problem as he makes his way through the cabin at some future point.

He's going to offer options that are no longer available for a person(s) that had preselected in advance. So much for this potential EXP member having their order "given" away just because the FA didn't refer to the manifest to see status and/or preselection of meal options.
Love it when they make their own rules. If it was me, I would note on the card my selection and a note stating that was what you preselect x days ago. Either the FA will take note and preserve your selection or make sure it's not available when time to serve. Even if you get your choice, it would be good to submit the issue to AA so they can filter it down to local management. Now, if only someone there would actually care.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Love it when they make their own rules. If it was me, I would note on the card my selection and a note stating that was what you preselect x days ago. Either the FA will take note and preserve your selection or make sure it's not available when time to serve. Even if you get your choice, it would be good to submit the issue to AA so they can filter it down to local management. Now, if only someone there would actually care.
In the most inefficient but efficient manner, he took the orders as a set of two's. He didn't had out the cards to the cabin then collect them like I've witnessed before as well. Maybe he was keeping a tally "behind the curtains". It was my 3rd recent flight with him and each time he's the only one I've seen setup the galley curtains.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: AA PPro
I'm EP and got upgraded for DFW-CLE but not for PDX-DFW (yet), I was offered to pick my meal for my upgraded flight, but it was showing prices for the first non-upgraded flight.

Do I just order and then they will comp me on board? Not sure how it works.

thanks
Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by tfizzle
I'm EP and got upgraded for DFW-CLE but not for PDX-DFW (yet), I was offered to pick my meal for my upgraded flight, but it was showing prices for the first non-upgraded flight.

Do I just order and then they will comp me on board? Not sure how it works.

thanks
yes just pick your order. They will bring you your food item gratis and hopefully say thank you for being a loyal EXP.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriot Platinum
Pretty long thread here so maybe this is covered earlier but...

PHX-ORD, 1300+ miles, >3 hours. Departed at 5:15am. Does this not qualify for meal service? Because the FA said they had no meals except preserved meals...
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by northernlights1
Pretty long thread here so maybe this is covered earlier but...

PHX-ORD, 1300+ miles, >3 hours. Departed at 5:15am. Does this not qualify for meal service? Because the FA said they had no meals except preserved meals...
Was on this flight yesterday & had full breakfast up front...granted it was oatmeal or that omelet, but still. Sounds like a catering problem?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
I've been trying to preorder for an upcoming flight for a few days and I keep getting a system error. Anyone else?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by wrp96
I've been trying to preorder for an upcoming flight for a few days and I keep getting a system error. Anyone else?
Yep, me too. The past 2 days.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by RaindropT
Yep, me too. The past 2 days.
It's back up for me. And there are brand new choices!!!
RaindropT likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.