Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Reserve / Select Meal Entree / Main Course via website (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Effective 12 Oct 2014, meal selection is available from 30 days to 24 hours before flight (This meal selection was suspended temporarily 12 Sep - 10 Dec 2015.)

Special meal (Asian vegetarian, Kosher, Muslim, Low sodium, etc.) requests may be requested where offered. See this post for the list of available special meals.

[
Reserve your entrée before you fly

Flying in First or Business Class? We’re the first U.S. airline to offer you the choice to reserve your entrée on American Airlines flights with scheduled meal service. To enjoy this personalized service, simply reserve your meal at least 24 hours before departure.
  • Available for customers traveling on American Airlines in First or Business class, on the majority of flights that are scheduled to offer a meal.
  • You can reserve your meal beginning 30 days (and up to 24 hours) before you depart

• If you change your flight, reservation is required again

• Meals may not be available at times as there is a limit on numbers.

Information About Entrée (Main Course) Reservations:
  • Entrée reservations are available in First and Business class on American Airlines marketed and operated flights
  • We can begin accepting reservations 30 days prior to travel and all orders must be completed at least 24 hours before departure
  • If your original itinerary changes, please reselect your entrée preference
  • We will do our best to accommodate your request, but there may be instances that prevent us from fulfilling your selection

Problems? Try a DM using Twitter or call.

Also see

Note: the old order in which meal preferences are taken by Flight Attendants ("FEBO") ended on 1 Sep 2014. See "FEBO dead 1 Sep 2014 - new system based on flight direction & time zone change".

Thanks to wiki "plank holder" hillrider.
Print Wikipost

Reserve / Select Meal Entree / Main Course via website (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2014, 4:28 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mdobbins
Update. The response I received from Customer Relations said:
We are sorry you are having difficulty with our web site. In view of the situation you described, we've determined that personnel at AA.com Web Services can more effectively assist you. Please call them directly at:

USA & Canada: 6 a.m. - 2 a.m. CT 1-800-222-2377
United Kingdom: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. GMT M-F 0207 365 0777
Other Regions: 6 a.m. - 2 a.m. CT 1-918-832-1384 (Toll Call)

If you prefer, you can email Web Services via www.aa.com/webservices
Well, as I said upthread, I had called Web Services the day before and the person I talked to had not heard of this problem. This time, I sent them an email through the provided link. We'll see...
What's the normal turnaround time? I contacted Web Services days ago and nada. The folks at AA's Facebook page have also buried their heads in the sand about this issue.

I've tried several browsers/versions to no success. Just get the selection popup with my name, no choices, and "0 Meals."
Old Mar 14, 2014, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by vatraveler
What's the normal turnaround time? I contacted Web Services days ago and nada. The folks at AA's Facebook page have also buried their heads in the sand about this issue.

I've tried several browsers/versions to no success. Just get the selection popup with my name, no choices, and "0 Meals."
If your flight is after March 31, the explanation is as I outlined a few posts upthread.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:01 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Originally Posted by vasantn
If your flight is after March 31, the explanation is as I outlined a few posts upthread.
This is annoying but explains my situation as well. GRU-JFK-LHR in early April and the entree selection option simply does not show up at all. For the outbound leg JFK-GRU (late March) I have already made my selection online.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; HTC_T120C Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Understood. What baffles me is that AA keeps saying this is the first they've heard of it, even though it appears to be widespread.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Fixed this morning for me - MIA-SFO return now showing up with SFO-MIA.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: AA - EXP 2MM+, Marriott PLT, UA, National Exec
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
Fixed this morning for me - MIA-SFO return now showing up with SFO-MIA.
+1. I sent a note to the Web Services group yesterday and today it's fixed for my early April Int'l trip.

Cheers.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mdobbins
Update. The response I received from Customer Relations said:
We are sorry you are having difficulty with our web site. In view of the situation you described, we've determined that personnel at AA.com Web Services can more effectively assist you. Please call them directly at:

USA & Canada: 6 a.m. - 2 a.m. CT 1-800-222-2377
United Kingdom: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. GMT M-F 0207 365 0777
Other Regions: 6 a.m. - 2 a.m. CT 1-918-832-1384 (Toll Call)

If you prefer, you can email Web Services via www.aa.com/webservices
Well, as I said upthread, I had called Web Services the day before and the person I talked to had not heard of this problem. This time, I sent them an email through the provided link. We'll see...
Well, mine is now fixed also! ^
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:06 pm

Didn't hear back from Web Services, but mine is also fixed. Really disappointed in the transcontinental F choices, though. Lasagna or chicken? Seem very pedestrian. I'm used to UA and DL serving something more akin to international business class on these types of routes. Definitely expected three choices including a steak option. I have a regular domestic F from DCA-DFW with better options than the three-class F on LAX-JFK.

Last edited by vatraveler; Mar 14, 2014 at 9:11 pm
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Didn't hear back from Web Services, but mine is also fixed. Really disappointed in the transcontinental F choices, though. Lasagna or chicken? Seem very pedestrian. I'm used to UA and DL serving something more akin to international business class on these types of routes. Definitely expected three choices including a steak option.
Agreed. Fixed now but crappy options.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Plat, Avis PC, Sixt Pl,
FWIW mine appeared today for a LAX-JFK 10th April. Just one option, lasagna - hardly an option!
Old Mar 15, 2014, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by courtster
FWIW mine appeared today for a LAX-JFK 10th April. Just one option, lasagna - hardly an option!
My SFO/MIA/SFO (2 cabina F) had what appeared to be a full array of selections.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Didn't hear back from Web Services, but mine is also fixed. Really disappointed in the transcontinental F choices, though. Lasagna or chicken? Seem very pedestrian. I'm used to UA and DL serving something more akin to international business class on these types of routes. Definitely expected three choices including a steak option. I have a regular domestic F from DCA-DFW with better options than the three-class F on LAX-JFK.
If you only see two choices, then it is not fixed.

It's three choices - a pasta, a steak and a third meat option - and they are all superior to the junk UA tries to pass off as food on it's domestic flights. I can't believe you think UA's trans-con food services are "akin to international business class." What international business class are you flying that's so bad?
Old Mar 15, 2014, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MAH4546
If you only see two choices, then it is not fixed.

It's three choices - a pasta, a steak and a third meat option - and they are all superior to the junk UA tries to pass off as food on it's domestic flights. I can't believe you think UA's trans-con food services are "akin to international business class." What international business class are you flying that's so bad?
My lunch options on the 32B in F are Horseradish Encrusted Salmon and Classic Italian Lasagna. That's it. Not a really inspiring array of choices.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 11:59 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Flew two flights yesterday, I'd pre-selected meals on both flights.

CLT-DFW 319: The f/a didn't mention pre-orders at all. Thankfully, I'd picked a good seat for FEBO purposes and still got my choice. First time where a f/a didn't seem to know of my choice.

DFW-RDU S80: F/a was pushing the cart back to row 6 and stopped at 5EF and to confirm with my seatmate and I that we still wanted the pasta we'd pre-ordered. We ended up getting our meals before anyone else because of pre-order.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 2:28 pm

My lunch options on the 32B in F are Horseradish Encrusted Salmon and Classic Italian Lasagna. That's it. Not a really inspiring array of choices.
Yep. This sounds like something that would be offered on a 2-hour domestic F flight, not 3-class F on the 32B.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.