Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

HNL / Honolulu Shared Admirals Club & JL Sakura Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Honolulu Shared Admirals Club and Sakura Lounge
Overseas Terminal, Central Lobby, Across from Central Security Checkpoint and Ralph Lauren Store
On Third Floor Above The Local@HNL Restaurant

Link to HNL information on aa.com.
Link to HNL web site

See here for map.

Hours: The hours are posted by JL. http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/lounge/america/hnl/. aa.com HNL Club information here: link.

Amenities:
not listed.
Print Wikipost

HNL / Honolulu Shared Admirals Club & JL Sakura Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2021, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
They have a server grab all food and drinks for you, and place onto a tray/silverware. Thus, no more self serve stations. I don’t remember seeing any hard liquor, but I didn’t ask; might still be available upon request?
Is the soda machine still there? Or do you have to ask a server to get you a soft drink?
Old Aug 19, 2021, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
They have a server grab all food and drinks for you, and place onto a tray/silverware. Thus, no more self serve stations. I don’t remember seeing any hard liquor, but I didn’t ask; might still be available upon request?
That's awful and a huge downgrade. I waste so much time waiting in line for a soda at Sky Clubs and this will be the same. Between flights, business travelers want to work not wait in line. HNL may be different, but I hope they revert to self service after Covid. People also prefer preparing their own drinks the way they like it and choosing the food pieces they want (well, at least I do).
ESpen36, AADFW and apeortdz like this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 9:49 am

Glad it's open again just in time for my trip over LDW. I also prefer having the help give me my food and drink over self server. Make me feel pampered and treated like a king instead of those peasants outside the lounge. I always love the idea of owning servants and lounge is a great place to pretend I have one at my disposal.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 11:33 am
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Is the soda machine still there? Or do you have to ask a server to get you a soft drink?
The soda machine is operated by the staff who gets your food. Yes, will have to ask the staff for a drink.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
The soda machine is operated by the staff who gets your food. Yes, will have to ask the staff for a drink.
Can someone ask if this is a permanent change or just for Covid?
Old Aug 22, 2021, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Glad it's open again just in time for my trip over LDW.
LDW = Labor Day weekend

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
The space is shared by AA and JL. AA AC members currently don't have access on US domestic itineraries, even as AC members, however as BA OWEs you have access regardless based on OW rules since the AA carve out for domestic flights isn't a consideration.
Originally Posted by JDiver
That’s no longer the case. AA is granting long haul Hawaii First Class passengers lounge access.

NEW First Class Lounge Access Long Haul to Hawaii and HNL Club Closure
Is this lounge considered a true Admirals Club, to which lifetime members gain access without flying AA or oneworld?

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Aug 22, 2021 at 1:10 am
Old Aug 22, 2021, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Is this lounge considered a true Admirals Club, to which lifetime members gain access without flying AA or oneworld?
Yes - it's considered a true Admirals Club despite also being a joint Sakura Lounge. I.e. it's not listed/considered a "partner lounge" like either the Airspace lounge (SAN) or other Sakura lounges (HND, NRT, FRA) are classified as.

-FlyerBeek
ESpen36 and fotoflyer88 like this.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
That's awful and a huge downgrade. I waste so much time waiting in line for a soda at Sky Clubs and this will be the same. Between flights, business travelers want to work not wait in line. HNL may be different, but I hope they revert to self service after Covid. People also prefer preparing their own drinks the way they like it and choosing the food pieces they want (well, at least I do).
Wasn’t much of a line when I was there. Least crowded lounge I’ve visited recently. Mid- late afternoon may not be busiest time.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
My wife and I visited the HNL AC yesterday before our return flight to CLT. The AA staff there are wonderful and very helpful. They are by far the best thing about the lounge. Overall the lounge was nice, it was quite when we were there with lots of seating and table options to choose from.

Absolutely no self service on any food or drink items. For alcoholic beverages, there are no wine or liquor selections available, only 3 beers to choose from from. Very few food choices, much less than an AC stateside. They only had a fruit plate, instant Ramon, a potato soup, and chicken nuggets. We didn't try any of the foods items as the selections weren't very attractive to us, so maybe I missed an item.

My wife only got a green tea and I got a Sapporo beer while there. We ended up going downstairs to the near empty bar/restaurant below as my wife wanted one last Mai Tai before heading home.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 9:47 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by robertablake
They only had a fruit plate, instant Ramon, a potato soup, and chicken nuggets.
some people might consider chicken nuggets better than what’s in a regular AC lol!
fotoflyer88 and robertablake like this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 9:51 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
My wife and I visited the HNL AC yesterday before our return flight to CLT. The AA staff there are wonderful and very helpful. They are by far the best thing about the lounge. Overall the lounge was nice, it was quite when we were there with lots of seating and table options to choose from.

Absolutely no self service on any food or drink items. For alcoholic beverages, there are no wine or liquor selections available, only 3 beers to choose from from. Very few food choices, much less than an AC stateside. They only had a fruit plate, instant Ramon, a potato soup, and chicken nuggets. We didn't try any of the foods items as the selections weren't very attractive to us, so maybe I missed an item.

My wife only got a green tea and I got a Sapporo beer while there. We ended up going downstairs to the near empty bar/restaurant below as my wife wanted one last Mai Tai before heading home.
I was also there yesterday. The chicken dish was chicken karaage and it was very good. I agree with you about the staff, just wonderful.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Finkface
I was also there yesterday. The chicken dish was chicken karaage and it was very good. I agree with you about the staff, just wonderful.
Thanks for clarifying.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 7:25 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I don't want to get us OT, but I don't understand why nothing is self-serve since most places seem to have oriented their service to reflect the new understanding that surfaces do not spread COVID. However, if they are not allowing self-serve (for whatever reason) I sort of understand why they aren't offering liquor, but not having wine is poor form IMHO.
SkyTeam777 and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by ikwia
I don't want to get us OT, but I don't understand why nothing is self-serve since most places seem to have oriented their service to reflect the new understanding that surfaces do not spread COVID. However, if they are not allowing self-serve (for whatever reason) I sort of understand why they aren't offering liquor, but not having wine is poor form IMHO.
I am guessing that the no-self-serve is driven by Hawaii state mandates as their mandates seem to be the most restrictive of any other state. I agree about the wine. I certainly would have had a glass of wine, instead of beer, if available. They did have nice glassware for the beer and soft drinks.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Far more important (to me, anyway) than whether I can get my own Diet Coke is whether Diane, Shari and Tempe are still there. The friendliest, most helpful and caring staff of any club I have ever been to. My next rip is a non-stop to LIH, so I won't be able to stop in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.