Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AndyAA
MIA / Miami International Airport North Terminal Concourse E Premium Lounge
For Premium customers departing Concourse E on American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia and Qatar Airways

Link to aa.com MIA information

Link to MIA airport website

LOCATION: Located in Concourse E just beyond the security checkpoint on the 5th floor

HOURS: See here for hours, conditions, photo montage.

AMENITIES:
  • 6,000 square feet
    • Seating capacity: 120
      • Work stations with HP Compaq dc7900 PCs
        • Complimentary high-speed Internet access,
          • Two TV lounges with flat-panel TVs
            • Children's room with HP PCs outfitted with age-appropriate programming
              • Spa-like showers
                • Complimentary premium liquors, wines and beer
                  • Complimentary coffee, tea, sodas and water
                    • Complimentary lunch, afternoon tea or light supper menu

N.B. Admirals Club members must be departing from Concourse E to access this lounge using their membership. No guest privileges..

The MIA Concourse E AA/BA/IB Premium Lounge is not an Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge, and is not operated as a oneworld lounge; it has its own access rules. <link> and news release <link> . It opened was opened on Feb 22, 2011.

There is no Arrivals or Flagship Lounge at MIA.

...the Miami, the 2011-opened AA, AB, BA, IB Premium lounge is open daily from 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and welcomes oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers. Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge (but note there are no guest privileges).
● LAN airlines group operates out of Terminal J and uses Club América as their lounge

Link to Concourse D Admirals Clubs at Gates D15 and D30

Print Wikipost

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Can AC members still use this lounge? Also, can we bring guests? The wiki indicates otherwise, but I didn't know if that info was correct.
Per the AA website you should still have access "All Admirals Club Members and their Guests have access"
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...s/mia-club.jsp

I have a morning domestic flight out of E tomorrow with a long layover so I'll come back and report if I have any issues
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by lds89
Per the AA website you should still have access "All Admirals Club Members and their Guests have access"
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...s/mia-club.jsp

I have a morning domestic flight out of E tomorrow with a long layover so I'll come back and report if I have any issues
Sounds good, thanks for the info (especially the URL - I'll print the page before I go)!

Enjoy the Tattinger!
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:17 am

Looking for a bit of advice on which lounges are accessible in MIA. I am travelling BA back to London on a Club World ticket. I also have PP and an Amex Plat. The nominated lounge is the Club America lounge in F which I am told is fairly awful. My question is can I access the AA lounges in D/E mentioned above? This is not just a status query but also a geography/practical question in term of distances and security. Or are there better options? Will have upto 5 hours to kill. Thanks for any advice in advance.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Lioncub
Looking for a bit of advice on which lounges are accessible in MIA. I am travelling BA back to London on a Club World ticket. I also have PP and an Amex Plat. The nominated lounge is the Club America lounge in F which I am told is fairly awful. My question is can I access the AA lounges in D/E mentioned above? This is not just a status query but also a geography/practical question in term of distances and security. Or are there better options? Will have upto 5 hours to kill. Thanks for any advice in advance.
BA departs from E (unless this has changed?). No reason at all to go to F for the PP lounge, if this is what you meant. D & E are connected airside, you can use both of the Admirals Clubs, the Centurion Lounge, and the Premium Lounge in E.

I'd probably hit the Centurion Lounge till closer to the flight time, then head over to the Premium Lounge in E, which will be closest to the gate.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:35 am

Quite right, my mistake. BA does indeed depart E gates! This makes things easier, though not sure why I had F in my head. Any preference for the AA lounges? Might do a lounge hop to have a look. Champagne is a top priority though! Big thanks for the reply JJeffrey.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Quite right, my mistake. BA does indeed depart E gates! This makes things easier, though not sure why I had F in my head. Any preference for the AA lounges? Might do a lounge hop to have a look. Champagne is a top priority though! Big thanks for the reply JJeffrey.
Your best choice is the Premium Lounge. It will have champagne as good as or possibly better than the other clubs and you pour it yourself. It is closest to your gate. They are also the only ones that announce BA boarding.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by coolcoil
Your best choice is the Premium Lounge. It will have champagne as good as or possibly better than the other clubs and you pour it yourself. It is closest to your gate. They are also the only ones that announce BA boarding.
Yea, the Premium Lounge will have the best bubbly, free pour as mentioned above. But I certainly wouldn't spend it all in there, I'd go mad. Other than the nicer booze it's quite a drab, dated, and worn lounge. The furniture and decor hasn't been changed much since it was an Admirals Club back in the 90's and 00's, if that gives you an indication.

With 5 hrs to kill, I'd hit the Centurion Lounge for the first 2-3 then head to the Premium Lounge until boarding.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Been in the Centurion twice in the past 24 hours and it's always packed evening or morning. Even with the new change that people can't buy passes if they don't have Plat/Centurion. And unless you score the couches by the coffee machine, there is no great seating in it. Supposed to be expanded in the future, but I would not want to spend more than an hour or so in it. Great food and drinks, but space and privacy are definitely lacking.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:35 am

Great advice all. Many thanks. Not yet been to a Centurion lounge so will have to give it a go. Hopefully being US holidays it might not be too busy! I now need Qantas to hurry up and get their LHR T3 lounge open......��
Old Nov 21, 2017, 4:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Sounds good, thanks for the info (especially the URL - I'll print the page before I go)!

Enjoy the Tattinger!
Were there any issues bringing a guest in as an Admirals Club member?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
Were there any issues bringing a guest in as an Admirals Club member?
No. With AA now being the main tenant for E, it's a defacto Admirals Club, with better food and drinks.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: AA PLT 6MM
I've just been redirected from the Premium lounge to the new Flagship lounge at D30. What a difference! I didn't realise that as PLT on a coach ticket to Europe I could use the new lounge. Excellent hot and cold buffet and the Bollinger is going down very well! This new lounge really shows how far AA has come.
zpaul likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by becket5
I've just been redirected from the Premium lounge to the new Flagship lounge at D30. What a difference! I didn't realise that as PLT on a coach ticket to Europe I could use the new lounge. Excellent hot and cold buffet and the Bollinger is going down very well! This new lounge really shows how far AA has come.
Can't agree with the last sentence. It just shows AA has been doing a really good job at lounges lately - and they have (I still am keeping AC membership despite rarely flying AA), but they are in free fall in most other areas.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Was traveling through concourse E two weeks ago and visited the premium lounge right around noon. Perhaps went at an off day or time, as the food offerings were the same as the AC, with the addition of a buffet that consisted of cold cuts and pasta. A self-service bar was limited to the house wine served at AC and a very small selection of well liquor. Some tattinger or bollinger would have been most welcome.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by perigord
Was traveling through concourse E two weeks ago and visited the premium lounge right around noon. Perhaps went at an off day or time, as the food offerings were the same as the AC, with the addition of a buffet that consisted of cold cuts and pasta. A self-service bar was limited to the house wine served at AC and a very small selection of well liquor. Some tattinger or bollinger would have been most welcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.