Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: First Class Check-in London Heathrow LHR, formerly Premium / Flagship

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 29, 2013, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
LHR / London Heathrow International Airport Terminal 3 AA First Class / Flagship Check-In

American Airlines Flagship First Check-in has moved and now operates in a facility shared with British Airways in Terminal 3, Zone D, effective 27 Nov 2019. Use rules now conform to usual Flagship First Check-in rules, so this thread will be archived.

For the current thread, please see GUIDE: AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD (rev) — link

(The First Class Check-In facility was originally situated outside Terminal 3 in Zone H. This facility was previously called Flagship Check-in, then Premium Check-in, before being rebranded in late 2016 to First Class Check-in. It then moved from Zone H to Zone B 12 Jul 2017.)

Once you have completed your check-in process, you will progress through to the expedited security lane which offers easy access through airport security check points.

The Zone B Flagship First Class Check-In position is available for:
  • First Class customers travelling on American Airlines (Business customers previously had access but this has gone away)
  • ConciergeKey members
  • Five Star Service customers
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum or oneworld Emerald customers
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: First Class Check-in London Heathrow LHR, formerly Premium / Flagship

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2013, 4:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
Originally Posted by GaryD
Whe our taxi dropped us off there last August, the driver made some comment of apology for the distance to Flagship checkin, saying that the inner roadway had been permanently closed, I think he said due to security concerns related to the 2008 Olympics.

I still prefer it to entering the main terminal with luggage, facing the miscellaneous crowds therein.
I think it has been impossible to drive right up to any UK airport terminal building since terrorists drove a jeep loaded with gas cylinders into the terminal at Glasgow airport in 2007.

I find that the flagship check-in is rarely useful. It seems to be more affected by glitches than the main desks. Not infrequently there seems to be a computer problem there or a delay caused by a passenger arguing about whether they should be allowed to check in there or some other hold up.

Also, the bags do not go onto a conveyor belt and directly into the system from there. They are loaded on to a cart and wheeled into the main terminal and loaded into the baggage system there. Thus providing an extra opportunity for them to get wet or something else to go wrong.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by jlsw7
I think it has been impossible to drive right up to any UK airport terminal building since terrorists drove a jeep loaded with gas cylinders into the terminal at Glasgow airport in 2007.

I find that the flagship check-in is rarely useful. It seems to be more affected by glitches than the main desks. Not infrequently there seems to be a computer problem there or a delay caused by a passenger arguing about whether they should be allowed to check in there or some other hold up.

Also, the bags do not go onto a conveyor belt and directly into the system from there. They are loaded on to a cart and wheeled into the main terminal and loaded into the baggage system there. Thus providing an extra opportunity for them to get wet or something else to go wrong.
Right, I suppose I did remember correctly, the taxi driver did indeed mention 2008.

I prefer to refer to them as a couple of nuts. They didn't quite get through the glass doors. And, fortunately, only the driver died; no one else was seriously harmed.

But I still find Zone H more pleasant than the main terminal. To each his/her own.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 8:57 am
Suspended

Right, I suppose I did remember correctly, the taxi driver did indeed mention 2008.

I prefer to refer to them as a couple of nuts. They didn't quite get through the glass doors. And, fortunately, only the driver died; no one else was seriously harmed.

But I still find Zone H more pleasant than the main terminal. To each his/her own.
It is not Olympics but the 2007 gla incident
Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.

And, fortunately, only the driver died; no one else was seriously harmed.
With a sore face or two from Mr Smeaton and a few other unsung local 'heroes' who gave them a good kicking and declared "This is Glasgow, we'll just set aboot ye". Clearly, the way forward is to hire a group of Glaswegians to hang around at every airport. Lets get back to the good old days of flying! Nae fear, the Weedgies are here!

Back on topic....the first time i could have used flagship it was pouring down so just ran straight into the terminal and checked in at the one random desk that is open in that section for 1st class (at the time a couple of years back). I couldn't be bothered going back outside to get to flagship just to come back in again the same way. Its a nice thought, but really quite pointless having used it a few times since.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EXP
I haven't used anything but flagship check in for a few years....do you have to go through the same inane "security questions" rigmarole when checking in inside the terminal as you do at flagship check in? I assume you do....but where do you get stopped and asked these brilliantly incisive questions?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:46 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Stripy
I haven't used anything but flagship check in for a few years....do you have to go through the same inane "security questions" rigmarole when checking in inside the terminal as you do at flagship check in? I assume you do....but where do you get stopped and asked these brilliantly incisive questions?
Right before you check in. Same as elsewhere.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:55 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Stripy
Originally Posted by sts603
Right before you check in. Same as elsewhere.
And it's a good thing that they do. Otherwise you have to get out of the elite line at the gate and get into another line to answer them. When we do flight connections, even though we have our BPs, we stop at the connection desk at the FCC entrance to T3 just to answer the questions there with no line and get our stickers.

Cheers.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by brp
... even though we have our BPs, we stop at the connection desk at the FCC entrance to T3 just to answer the questions there with no line and get our stickers.
I do the same at the Flagship Check-in to save time later.

In fact, I see the same staff there so often that they have stopped asking questions any more, which is of course as it should be given the objective of the process.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 5:34 pm

Any recent experiences using the Flagship Check in at LHR when traveling with a non status passenger? I am flying paid J, but he is in an award Y ticket? Would be nice to use like I always do, but don't want to be turned away. Thanks,
Old Nov 29, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by FAA1996
Any recent experiences using the Flagship Check in at LHR when traveling with a non status passenger? I am flying paid J, but he is in an award Y ticket? Would be nice to use like I always do, but don't want to be turned away. Thanks,
I had a friend without status in Y with me in March and it was no issue - they checked him in and he came through fast track security with me
Old Nov 29, 2013, 6:27 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I think Flagship Check-in is available only for OW EMDs and F passengers. Flying business class or being OW SPH does now allow access (unless the rules changed).
Old Nov 29, 2013, 7:06 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A465 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by Andriyko
I think Flagship Check-in is available only for OW EMDs and F passengers. Flying business class or being OW SPH does now allow access (unless the rules changed).
LHR operates under a different set of rules. f and J plus emeralds
Old Nov 29, 2013, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by Andriyko
I believe you're thinking of the US-based Flagship Check-Ins.

Originally Posted by HNL
+1. F, J, and EXP/OW Emerald (and the occasional GLD/PLT who plays "dumb tourist" ) can all use Flagship Check-In.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by brewdog11
I believe you're thinking of the US-based Flagship Check-Ins.
Even then, OW Emeralds are not permitted to use US-based Flagship check-in (unless they are also CK).
Old Nov 30, 2013, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by HNL
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A465 Safari/9537.53)

I've always used it when flying J and the occasional F, I was just wondering about my non J traveling friend. Thanks for the replies, I'll be sure to post my results next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.