Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: First Class Check-in London Heathrow LHR, formerly Premium / Flagship

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 29, 2013, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
LHR / London Heathrow International Airport Terminal 3 AA First Class / Flagship Check-In

American Airlines Flagship First Check-in has moved and now operates in a facility shared with British Airways in Terminal 3, Zone D, effective 27 Nov 2019. Use rules now conform to usual Flagship First Check-in rules, so this thread will be archived.

For the current thread, please see GUIDE: AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD (rev) — link

(The First Class Check-In facility was originally situated outside Terminal 3 in Zone H. This facility was previously called Flagship Check-in, then Premium Check-in, before being rebranded in late 2016 to First Class Check-in. It then moved from Zone H to Zone B 12 Jul 2017.)

Once you have completed your check-in process, you will progress through to the expedited security lane which offers easy access through airport security check points.

The Zone B Flagship First Class Check-In position is available for:
  • First Class customers travelling on American Airlines (Business customers previously had access but this has gone away)
  • ConciergeKey members
  • Five Star Service customers
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum or oneworld Emerald customers
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: First Class Check-in London Heathrow LHR, formerly Premium / Flagship

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by r.brown
I am flying LHR to PHL next week. I am EXP but my 2 companions have no status.

All three of us are in J (A333).

My understanding is business would be turned away but since I am EXP, how does that work when companions do not have status?
Go to that special area outside (I think it is area H). When they stop you at the door and ask if you are First Class, say you are EXP. They will let you in. If your companions are on the same PNR, no problem for them to go with you. I just did this in January. If they are on a separate PNR, not sure they can go with you.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by apeortdz
Go to that special area outside (I think it is area H). When they stop you at the door and ask if you are First Class, say you are EXP. They will let you in. If your companions are on the same PNR, no problem for them to go with you. I just did this in January. If they are on a separate PNR, not sure they can go with you.
Sorry, should have stated the companions are all on separate PNRs.

I guess I can at least try and report back what they say. This will be on a Wednesday so I expect the number of passengers to be lite.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by r.brown
Sorry, should have stated the companions are all on separate PNRs.

I guess I can at least try and report back what they say. This will be on a Wednesday so I expect the number of passengers to be lite.
I doubt the door person will give you much guff if you try to bring in companions who are on a different PNR as long as you identify yourself as EXP. The check-in agent likely won't, either. Like with lounge access, a companion is a companion.

I'd be very surprised if you were turned away.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:07 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
I entered yesterday with my husband. Once I identified myself as EXP they let us in without checking any further. So PNR would have been irrelevant.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
I was there yesterday. As others have said, when you're asked "First class?" at the door, the proper response is "Executive Platinum". Works every time, and there is fine print on the window to welcome EPs and OWEs.

That said I do not recommend claiming that you're EP/OWE if you're really not.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
I'm a OWE (BA gold) flying AA in Y from LHR T3 to the US tomorrow, which I haven't done in many years. I'll be hand baggage only, but I'm guessing I still have to see a checkin agent - is that right? (This is the case for BA flights to the US, at least). If so, should I just go to this first class checkin area?

It also looks from the list here: https://www.oneworld.com/fast-track like I should have fast track security - is that right? (And then I guess I should go to the CX lounge?)
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by tsg20
I'm a OWE (BA gold) flying AA in Y from LHR T3 to the US tomorrow, which I haven't done in many years. I'll be hand baggage only, but I'm guessing I still have to see a checkin agent - is that right? (This is the case for BA flights to the US, at least). If so, should I just go to this first class checkin area?

It also looks from the list here: https://www.oneworld.com/fast-track like I should have fast track security - is that right? (And then I guess I should go to the CX lounge?)
Yes and Yes.

The First Class check in is for Emeralds.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
In my (UK passport) experience it is usually not necessary to see a checkin agent when departing LHR with only handbaggae: the passport will be checked at the AA lounge or the gate. But occasionally I have not been able to OLCI, then it has been necessary to see an agent.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Is there a limit to how many pax can use this with one OWE passenger?

Specifically, one OWE (me) and four children aged 12/13.

Thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA EP
U should be fine.

Originally Posted by HarryKUK
Is there a limit to how many pax can use this with one OWE passenger?

Specifically, one OWE (me) and four children aged 12/13.

Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Two F with J on separate PNR

My wife and I are in revenue F on the same PNR. We will arrive at LHR T3 with my mother-in-law who is on a separate PNR to a different destination. All on AA metal.

Will they let my mother-in-law join us through First Class check-in? And also in the Flagship lounge, for that matter? It will be exceedingly awkward if they turn just her away, since she paid for all of our tickets. She uses a walker so easy check in is valuable.

(her flight doesn't have an F section)
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by PittDoc
My wife and I are in revenue F on the same PNR. We will arrive at LHR T3 with my mother-in-law who is on a separate PNR to a different destination. All on AA metal.

Will they let my mother-in-law join us through First Class check-in? And also in the Flagship lounge, for that matter? It will be exceedingly awkward if they turn just her away, since she paid for all of our tickets. She uses a walker so easy check in is valuable.

For lounge access, one of you can guest her for sure. Not sure about check in, not sure when it changed.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by PittDoc

As long as y'all stick together and maybe all go to the same agent, I seriously doubt they'd turn your mother-in-law away. You will likely not be questioned any further at the door as long as you tell them that you're in F, and I'd be surprised if the Agent flat-out refused to process her. They'll likely just check her in after they finish with you and your wife, especially since she's in a walker.

As first class passengers on an int'l itinerary, you're each permitted one guest. I also recommend visiting the Cathay Pacific First Class lounge instead of the Flagship Lounge. It's much more impressive, and it features a full-service restaurant with complementary food. Lounge-wise at LHR, it's as good as it gets. It's just a little further down from the AA lounges.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by brewdog11
As long as y'all stick together and maybe all go to the same agent, I seriously doubt they'd turn your mother-in-law away. You will likely not be questioned any further at the door as long as you tell them that you're in F, and I'd be surprised if the Agent flat-out refused to process her. They'll likely just check her in after they finish with you and your wife, especially since she's in a walker.

As first class passengers on an int'l itinerary, you're each permitted one guest. I also recommend visiting the Cathay Pacific First Class lounge instead of the Flagship Lounge. It's much more impressive, and it features a full-service restaurant with complementary food. Lounge-wise at LHR, it's as good as it gets. It's just a little further down from the AA lounges.
Oh ya, definitely recommend the CX lounge. It's got good views and nice resting chairs. Food is decent, but anything is probably better than AA lounge offerings. I'm not even sure there's a difference in distance to the lounge since all the lounges are all in a little area.
Old May 1, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
What is the normal zone used for Priority/Biz class passengers? Last time in LHR, I was able to use Flagship Checkin. T his time, I will not be able to use the now "First Class Checkin"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.