Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2022, 8:53 am
Suspended

Still using the US Airways name

Barclays Aviator Mastercards went out recently with the following sticker on the front:

Activate your card now at usairwaysmastercard.com/activate

Come on. Does T-Mobile still direct its customers to a Sprint website? Does Amtrak direct its customers to pennsylvaniarailroad.com?
njvandy likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
No cherry sours at the snack towers of sadness at LAX the other day. Boo.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:26 am
Suspended

Regular water in the Admirals Club

Recently at the Admirals Club, the iced water had only ice in it, not even lemons or oranges.

Iced water in proper private clubs typically has cucumber slices in it, so oranges and lemons is average enough. But ice only? Tacky.
Antarius and rt23456p like this.

Last edited by WeekendTraveler; Aug 7, 2022 at 11:49 am
Old Aug 7, 2022, 1:05 pm

When I got the callback from the EXP line, my phone's caller ID showed the number as "Public Service". Where can I file a joint DOT and FCC grievance?
rt23456p and WeekendTraveler like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Commuter trains have legroom comparable to first class on AA

While I haven’t done a precise measurement, a coach seat on Metro-North (a commuter railroad in the Northeast) seems to have legroom comparable to legroom in first class on American.

This may not qualify as stupid or trivial.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
While I haven’t done a precise measurement, a coach seat on Metro-North (a commuter railroad in the Northeast) seems to have legroom comparable to legroom in first class on American.

This may not qualify as stupid or trivial.
But did you have a surly flight attendant? Hardly comparable!
Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:25 pm

90 mins spent on the app’s chat line (stuck on tarmac at mil airfield with no cell, only wi-fi) going flight-by-flight on the AA site asking for a flight change to flights with many empty seats, repeatedly being told by the operator:

1. I cannot locate that flight number
2. I see no availability on that flight (as I stare at the web page seating chart with AA ready to take my credit card if I were to purchase outright)
3. No flights are available to your destination until on or after Aug 8th (all the while I am viewing at least a dozen available on the web page same day)

After surrendering and, at long last, making it to the civ airport spending all of ten minutes with a helpful agent to find a new flight. What exactly is the purpose of the chat line?
Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pmblinn
But did you have a surly flight attendant? Hardly comparable!
I find AA flight attendants to be pretty consistently friendly and professional. Metro-North staff who check tickets have a different role and aren’t always gregarious but they’re generally fine, too.
ryanbriar and rt23456p like this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by sddjd
90 mins spent on the app’s chat line (stuck on tarmac at mil airfield with no cell, only wi-fi) going flight-by-flight on the AA site asking for a flight change to flights with many empty seats, repeatedly being told by the operator:

1. I cannot locate that flight number
2. I see no availability on that flight (as I stare at the web page seating chart with AA ready to take my credit card if I were to purchase outright)
3. No flights are available to your destination until on or after Aug 8th (all the while I am viewing at least a dozen available on the web page same day)

After surrendering and, at long last, making it to the civ airport spending all of ten minutes with a helpful agent to find a new flight. What exactly is the purpose of the chat line?
Did this happen at VPS by chance?
Old Aug 10, 2022, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
I had to check to see if it was posted here as well, but right now there is a thread dedicated to people asking whether they get a thank-you for being an EXP each flight.

To me that would seem to most closely match the intended goal of this thread.
renila and njvandy like this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:57 am
Suspended

FA calling me by my first name

Originally Posted by Thumper
I had to check to see if it was posted here as well, but right now there is a thread dedicated to people asking whether they get a thank-you for being an EXP each flight.

To me that would seem to most closely match the intended goal of this thread.
Similarly, a flight attendant on a recent flight used my first name for every interaction. But I don’t go by my first name as written on the manifest. Please call me “Mr. Last Name”.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Bond. James Bond. MISTER Bond to you.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
FAs regularly neglect to retrieve the plastic after I open the Casper/pillows wrapping.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Getting upgraded with my wife and being given 4A and 5D when the F cabin is nearly empty and plenty of adjoining seats available.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Self-upgrading the rest of your family to F because you can only upgrade one companion (and then spilling a PDB mimosa when said family members were maneuvering seats).
madmanshoney likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.