Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Too many emails when flying

On days when I’m flying, I am deluged by emails from AA, telling me that my flight is on time or delayed.

Today I boarded a flight, and just before the scheduled departure time, there was a maintenance issue and the flight was delayed.

So I was sitting on the plane and received an email telling me that the flight was delayed. I know that!
robertablake likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Lots of monochromatic food at the Admirals Club

Lots of variety at the Admirals Club, and the Carr’s crackers that went with soup are also gone. Supply chain issues, I guess? I’ll give them credit for at least ensuring that there is quantity.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 5:24 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Marriott(T)
The J-Sundae-bar 'hot fudge' was substituted out on a recent flight by catering in Germany. Not sure what was in it, but there were some ingredients missing. I asked the FA and she said "others are complaining as well, not sure why".
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
The catering on my DFWLAX leg left the carts on the tarmac so long that all of the ice had melted. Had to have my Woodford's neat.

Last edited by Rebob; Jul 28, 2022 at 10:23 am Reason: grammer
Old Jul 28, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Rebob
The catering on my DFWLAX leg left the carts on the tarmac so long that all of the ice had melted. Had to have my Woodford's neat.
At least no chickens died. 🤪
Old Jul 31, 2022, 6:36 pm
Suspended

Poor choice of livery for US Airways heritage plane

I saw an AA plane, in legacy US Airways livery, today at CLT.

However, the livery was the most recent US Airways version: a white body, gray swooshes towards the back and a blue underside.

It would have been classier to have the 1990s US Airways livery instead: dark blue and gray, which I thought was very nice looking.

Even NJ Transit has a fine-looking Pennsylvania Railroad heritage livery on one of its locomotives: brown with gold pinstripes, not another version of legacy/predecessor paint schemes.

This shows that NJ Transit is classier than AA. Shame
njvandy, ryanbriar and L1011UL like this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
I saw an AA plane, in legacy US Airways livery, today at CLT.
I think what you saw was a US Airways Plane that Save a Buck Doug didn't repaint and called it Legacy Livery. Yeah Piedmont etc. they had to do Retro paint jobs. but I'm sure there were 2-3 newer US Air birds that looked just fine?
But I do agree the earlier Livery would be more "Legacy" RT
WeekendTraveler likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 5:45 am
Suspended

Airline too cheap to repaint planes

Originally Posted by roadtriper
I think what you saw was a US Airways Plane that Save a Buck Doug didn't repaint and called it Legacy Livery. Yeah Piedmont etc. they had to do Retro paint jobs. but I'm sure there were 2-3 newer US Air birds that looked just fine?
But I do agree the earlier Livery would be more "Legacy" RT
Thanks. So that's another basis for complaint: AA doesn't even repaint planes from its predecessor airlines, even though those predecessors haven't existed in years.

US Airways merged with AA around seven years ago, in 2015, and there are still planes that haven't been fully repainted?
Old Aug 1, 2022, 6:43 am
Suspended

Escalators at LGA

One more complaint for today: in the new American terminal at LaGuardia, it's necessary to go up and down several escalators between the gate and the airport exit. The escalators are wide enough so that a person could stand on one side and someone could walk by on the other side. Yet there are no signs saying "stand to the left; walk to the right", so the escalators have people standing anywhere and everywhere, often with suitcases to their sides. So if you're in a rush, or if you just prefer to walk up and down escalators, it's difficult to do so.

My complaint: there isn't a sign saying "stand to the left, walk to the right" on the escalators. If people would stand to the left, and have their suitcases in front of them or behind them, then the type As like me who prefer to walk up and down escalators could get through the airport faster.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC
I had a schedule change in a Finnair codeshare. Departure time was brought forward by 10 minutes. So now I have to be at the airport 10 minutes sooner. As if that wasn’t bad enough, the arrival time hasn’t changed at all!!! 10 minutes of my life I’ll never get back. How many miles am I due?
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
One more complaint for today: in the new American terminal at LaGuardia, it's necessary to go up and down several escalators between the gate and the airport exit. The escalators are wide enough so that a person could stand on one side and someone could walk by on the other side. Yet there are no signs saying "stand to the left; walk to the right", so the escalators have people standing anywhere and everywhere, often with suitcases to their sides. So if you're in a rush, or if you just prefer to walk up and down escalators, it's difficult to do so.

My complaint: there isn't a sign saying "stand to the left, walk to the right" on the escalators. If people would stand to the left, and have their suitcases in front of them or behind them, then the type As like me who prefer to walk up and down escalators could get through the airport faster.
This being the USA.. I believe it is stand to the right and walk to the left. ;-)
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by pkerr
This being the USA.. I believe it is stand to the right and walk to the left. ;-)
That's also the rule in the UK - and there are signs.
apeortdz and WeekendTraveler like this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: Lots

Sadly I don’t think signs would matter. There’s something magical about escalators that makes people think they’re on a ride at Disney World and their legs don’t work. And even if they do remember to stand to the right that roller bag is definitely going to be blocking the left.
no1cub17 and WeekendTraveler like this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by IggySD
Sadly I don’t think signs would matter. There’s something magical about escalators that makes people think they’re on a ride at Disney World and their legs don’t work. And even if they do remember to stand to the right that roller bag is definitely going to be blocking the left.
Tend to agree, at least at US airports. I’ve seen the same behavior on moving walkways. Although I have no problem saying “excuse me” to get past.
WeekendTraveler likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by econ
Tend to agree, at least at US airports. I’ve seen the same behavior on moving walkways. Although I have no problem saying “excuse me” to get past.
There is a line from Seinfeld regarding moving walkways. "It's not a ride!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.