Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Ok, so does anyone else always encounter a twisted seatbelt in 767 biz seats? I don't think (in my N of 2) that I've ever had one that wasn't twisted on itself. A grave injustice I tell you!
Old Mar 17, 2014, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by VSLover
still -- i can deal with this over the horrid nuts i just "enjoyed" on the new a321t JFK-SFO today. they were so cold, it was like someone tried warming the nuts by blowing on them.
Snicker snicker
Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:54 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
We're back to guys talking about their nuts, again.

Mother was right.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
We're back to guys talking about their nuts, again.

Mother was right.
could be a worse digression QueenOfCoach
Old Mar 23, 2014, 12:11 am

I am currently faced with the struggle of choosing between keeping my current itin (JFK-LAX-HKG, with JFK-LAX on the 32B), or JFK-YVR-HKG. (whole trip in F). Choices choices choices
Old Mar 23, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
UGH. just now DFW-LHR i nodded off while they distributed menu's and had to ask for one, leading to confused looks from the FA. and there was ONE pistachio in my bowl.

ONE!
Old Mar 23, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Interesting Routing

On a recent LAX-DFW flight on a 763 I woke up to see this on the inflight info screens....

Clearly I panicked and thoughts like "where the **** am I?", "a 763 doesn't have that kind of range so where are we going??!!", "what sort of freaky headwind are we flying into!!??" and "I bet they don't give me the miles for a trip that long!" all went through my head (the next screen showed the distance to DFW as something equally ridiculous!)

Where do I go to get compensation for the stress and heartache caused and what should I ask for?
Old Mar 23, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
the next screen showed the distance to DFW as something equally ridiculous.
Reminds me of the New England farmer when, asked how to get to a near-by town, and replied, "'Bout 4 miles that way, and 'bout 24,000 the other." Remember, you can always go around the world the opposite way.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors-Diamond, Marriott-Silver, SPG-Gold
S-L-O-W service in F

One hour into my 2 hour and 35 minute flight and the F flight attendant still doesn't have all the drinks and warm nuts served.

The snack will probably arrive on final approach. Doesn't she know I'm starving?

Update: We are landing in 52 minutes and she just put the cookies into the oven.

Last edited by tucsnaz; Mar 24, 2014 at 3:03 pm Reason: added an update
Old Mar 24, 2014, 3:05 pm

Last week I flew US metal from BNA to CLT. As we went over the mountains, we encountered moderate turbulence. When we hit the first "bump," a female passenger seated in the rear of the aircraft let out a piercing shriek of terror, disturbing my front-of-plane serenity.

For reasons unknown, we did not immediately divert to AVL to have the offending passenger removed. I'm sure I deserve compensation for having to hear the shriek to begin with, and additional compensation for not getting the satisfaction of seeing the source eliminated.
fatmenace likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 3:52 pm

Probably pretty substantive but was in J from MIA-SAL a week ago and had no hot towels, no salad dressing, and no dessert. FA said it hadn't been catered/loaded.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 4:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FAA1996
Probably pretty substantive but was in J from MIA-SAL a week ago and had no hot towels, no salad dressing, and no dessert. FA said it hadn't been catered/loaded.
I'd send an email to AA if that happened to me.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
That is way too substantive for this thread. Write in and complain for sure.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
That is way too substantive for this thread. Write in and complain for sure.
Haven't complained because I'm not sure what could come of it. I am not seeking any compensation (we survived without desert, etc) and I'm assuming AA already knows about this issue. I guess if it could help prevent this form happening in the future or make sure the issues are addressed with the caterer/flight attendant I guess I could write them a note...
Old Mar 24, 2014, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP,LFP~3 MM; MarriottRewards, LFP; Avis 1st; Hertz Gold
Haven't complained because I'm not sure what could come of it. I am not seeking any compensation (we survived without desert, etc) and I'm assuming AA already knows about this issue. I guess if it could help prevent this form happening in the future or make sure the issues are addressed with the caterer/flight attendant I guess I could write them a note...
No hot towels -- I don't know. They should have held the flight until hot towels could be found and loaded on.

I am 25/75 on Dessert so I can see pitching it a miss.

Now, had there been no nuts...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.