Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Discrepancy between QF and CX award search and AA availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discrepancy between QF and CX award search and AA availability

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:12 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Unhappy

Originally Posted by KVS
If you are using the [Awards/JL-OneWorld] Method in the KVS Tool, those CX Award Seats are definitely available and you should follow the steps in Q32 of the KVS Tool User Guide FAQ if the Agent claims otherwise.
Trying to get J (U classs) on CX HKG-AKL, BA/QF/JL all show 3 spaces. AA shows 0. Tried to follow steps in KVS tool a few times. Advised that 'Long Sell' is only done for (cash)paid seats.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: United Platinum
Trying to get business class from JFK/EW to SYD/MEL/CNS (any of those) on December 12 or 13. CX showing some seats but having trouble with AA pulling any. Does anyone see any availability or routing options?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by Devyan1
Trying to get business class from JFK/EW to SYD/MEL/CNS (any of those) on December 12 or 13. CX showing some seats but having trouble with AA pulling any. Does anyone see any availability or routing options?
How about:
cx841 12/12 jfk-hkg
cx147 12/13 hkg-cns
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by skimthetrees
How about:
cx841 12/12 jfk-hkg
cx147 12/13 hkg-cns
It may be useful to note that you've replied to a post that is 11 months old.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Just to add a new data point: QF C award on SIN-PER route showed as available in both directions for my January 2019 dates using both EF and both JL and BA methods on KVS. AA.com showed Y but no C awards on the same dates. Called ExecPlat desk and agent saw and booked the C awards without any hesitation or delay (or booking charge).
KVS likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA PPro
CX flight visible on QF and AA

rung 4 times to try and book a CX award flight for next week that is showing up as available via both Qantas and BA. Called out the specific flight each time as per faq. No dice. Any suggestions beyond just keep trying?

​​​​​​I'm thinking of calling the Hong Kong AA line next in case point of sale matters (exp agent said she couldn't look up inventory based on pos, though I am not convinced a more experienced agent would have that issue)

Update: was able to snag it first time calling AA in Hong Kong. Taxes paid in HKD.

Last edited by zoombee; Dec 28, 2018 at 3:15 am
Old Sep 28, 2023, 9:34 pm
j_x

Programs: UA Silver; DL Silver
Would like to provide a datapoint on this.
Saw avail HKG-PVG next summer, wanted to book J using excess AA miles.

BA and QF reported avail, but AA webtool, domestic chat and phone couldn't book it, but I was pretty sure that OW avail was there.

Called AA HK (zero hold time by the way, seems that I should do this more in the future as somebody who is not special in the eyes of OW).

They also claimed that they couldn't see it. However, on pressing them that I saw multiple OW partners who had avail, they went back to their system and tried "live requesting" it or something to that effect from Cathay.

This went smoothly - they saw the J avail, got the payment processed and the ticket issued. However, they did a weird thing where they put me on hold for 10 minutes so they could push my ticket to the front of the queue in order to ensure that Cathay actually issued the ticket on their side, since apparently they've been having issues where they issue a ticket, Cathay fails to process within 24 hours, and then CX cancels the ticket unilaterally. So, after 10 min hold, got both PNRs in hand. Taxes also paid in HKD, but processed through Tulsa.

Ticketing agent was super nice and very professional. So, the issue seems to be in one of two possible places - (1), AA's system is .... both on the web and to their ticketing agents, where cached results are not refreshed on search, or (2), AA is unwilling to ticket these kinds of tickets where CX is likely to cancel from their side?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.