Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post and may edit this Wikipost.

For updates from the MIA North Terminal, see: http://www.miami-airport.com/cip_north_terminal.asp

10/9/11 - The new MIA Mover train from the terminal to the Rental Car Center is now open. [Press release and photos] [Link to Post #174 for start of discussion and photos]

9/12/11 - The current Customs & Immigration hall is in Concourse E. The new hall in Concourse D is now slated to open in Fall 2012. [Link to Post #176] [Link to Post #193]

10/02/10 - List of new MIA food/retail opening in the coming months [Link to Post #158]

9/28/10 - The Concourse E Admirals Club and Flagship lounge closed on this date and the new Concourse D15 Admirals Club opened the following day. The new Flagship Lounge at Concourse D30/37 is scheduled to open "in the future". [Link to Post #149]

9/15/10 - The North Terminal/Concourse D Skytrain is now running. [Link to Post #133] [Link to Skytrain Map]

8/20/10 - American Eagle moves to Regional Commuter Facility at Concourse D gate D60. [Link to Post #99]

7/20/10 - Gates D1-D19 (formerly Concourse A) reopen, along with associated security checkpoint; 8 out of 16 gates in use until Skytrain opens in Sept 2010. [Link to Post #66] [Link to Press Release]

7/12/10 - The new rental car center is now open and is served by shuttle buses; train service from the airport is scheduled for Fall 2011. [Post #65]

5/11/10 - For dstan's brief report on the progress of the Concourse D renovations, see Post #59

7/26/12 - The new North Terminal International Arrivals Facility is scheduled to open on 7/31/12 - [Post #235]

Print Wikipost

MIA / Miami Airport AA Terminal Renovations (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2010, 6:25 am

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
I've been flying into this airport almost every month for 3 years. I have been waiting for this train with eager anticipation. Never has one of my flights been placed at a gate near the airport entry/exit (think gate 99999 if they had one). Until now...! Last night we landed and it was going to be my first ride on the new train.... and our gate.....drum roll please.... D24! I was off the plane, walked out the door of the airport, and on the rental car shuttle in all of 3 minutes. Maybe 5 tops.

For my outbound out of MIA I'm going to get there early and ride that damn train no matter what!

Seriously, it's great to see MIA becoming a "real" airport with such great services. Long time coming but we already know that.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 8:43 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
I had to book a ticket for my mom and was all excited about the new train; told here how easy the connections are now; however, she still refuses to go through MIA - I mean she kinda went nuts...so I still got to drive her to JFK and pick her up too. What can I say, she is my mom.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:48 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Avis First
Originally Posted by goldengate
Never has one of my flights been placed at a gate near the airport entry/exit (think gate 99999 if they had one). Until now...!
I've noticed that since they opened the other end of the concourse (which was only a few weeks ago). There are a lot more "close" gates now than there were before. I tried the SkyTrain once, but its not worth the time unless you are going 2 stops, which is less likely than it used to be.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:56 pm

Admiral's Club at D15 - Anyone have info on the capacity and shower availability? Any nice goodies?
Old Sep 23, 2010, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Train "to" Immigration

I just made my first journey thru MIA immigration and it now beats IAD as my least user friendly port of entry to the states. The train from gate d22 dropped us off at the "immigration" station. Then we had to walk about another mile to get to the actual immigration booths. I was laughing to myself at the absurdity of it all. Lines were short at immigration and customs and then re-entering TSA security but it is not laid out well at all and extremely disorganized. It seems like they are trying to improve but they are dealt a bad hand by the antiquated layout of the airport. That being said the Flagship lounge is small but very nice...
Old Oct 2, 2010, 2:46 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
List of new MIA food/retail opening in the coming months

With the train running, the Eagle concourse up, the Concourse A Admiral's Club back and running, the retail and concession spaces are going to start to be filled in. I thought everybody would like a list of the new retailers and food places opening up now through the end of summer:
  • Beaudevin
  • Bookmark
  • Coach
  • The Counter
  • Duty Free Americas
  • Emporio Armani
  • Essentials
  • Etcetera
  • Giggles
  • Island Chicken Grill
  • Islander Bar & Grill
  • It's Sugar
  • Juan Valdez Cafe
  • Kuva
  • Mojito Bar
  • Mont Blanc
  • Newslink Explorer
  • Ocean Drive News
  • Peace-Love-Miami
  • Prive Gourmet Market
  • Shula's
  • Starbucks (additional location)
  • Stolstice
  • T.G.I. Friday's
  • Thomas Pink
  • Wendy's
  • UPS Store

Interesting to note that with the opening of a Wendy's, MIA will have all three of the big fast food resturaunts. McDonald's in the south terminal, Burger King in the central terminal and Wendy's in the north terminal; plus two Burger Kings outside security.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 8:48 am

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
I'd be in heaven (except on Sundays) if they'd open a Chick-Fil-A there.

Thanks for the info!
Old Oct 2, 2010, 9:27 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
I just made my first journey thru MIA immigration and it now beats IAD as my least user friendly port of entry to the states. The train from gate d22 dropped us off at the "immigration" station. Then we had to walk about another mile to get to the actual immigration booths. I was laughing to myself at the absurdity of it all. Lines were short at immigration and customs and then re-entering TSA security but it is not laid out well at all and extremely disorganized. It seems like they are trying to improve but they are dealt a bad hand by the antiquated layout of the airport. That being said the Flagship lounge is small but very nice...

MIA is still using the Immigration and Customs facilities above & Below the E Concourse. The new immigration and customs facilities for the D gates are still being built and once open will reduce the lengthy walk from the station.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Anyone have any "recent" news on BA or IB moving into the new North Terminal.
Or when AA will finally leave "E". I thought "E" with respect to AA would be history the day the AC moved. Now it must be a real pain to go out from "E" and visit the AC.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Is the Flagship Lounge in MIA still open? I went to the AA.com and searched the Flagship Lounge locations and find that MIA is not listed (it use to be). We are flying out F next week and hoped to spend some time there before going to D-14.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BabyRitty
Is the Flagship Lounge in MIA still open? I went to the AA.com and searched the Flagship Lounge locations and find that MIA is not listed (it use to be). We are flying out F next week and hoped to spend some time there before going to D-14.
I was told by an AAngel at the E AC that the Flagship Lounge will close on 9/28 for the final time and reopen spring 2011 in D. So no FL. I was dissapointed as well I have a INTL F from MIA in Dec and wanted to use it as well now SOL.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x
Anyone have any "recent" news on BA or IB moving into the new North Terminal.
Or when AA will finally leave "E". I thought "E" with respect to AA would be history the day the AC moved. Now it must be a real pain to go out from "E" and visit the AC.
Last weekend E was alive and operating. Of course, for me a tight connection coming in at E10 and leaving out of D6. Even the FAs thought it was being closed down.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Noticed this morning that Checkpoint 1 was open for travelers and not just employees.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by supergrandslam
Sad news for smokers.
Our oasis(formerly at D35) is gone now

And there is no priority access at security near D25/26
I was at the airport and found this out that it was closed. I was disappointed. Is it under renovation? Will it come back?

Also, another question. Is there anywhere to smoke after security?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
New Miami Terminal

I have flown out of the new MIA AA facilites twice the past 2 months, it's very nice but do you notice how far it is between each gate and walking from one end of some of the concourse to the other end must be a almost a good mile. I know they have the train but I like walking but it is a good long hike.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.