Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Sheer Speculation: Rumored AAdvantage Changes Coming in May 2009?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheer Speculation: Rumored AAdvantage Changes Coming in May 2009?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2009, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA:1MM
new message at aa.com
fuel on the fire:
• To improve your experience, AA.com is performing system maintenance which may impact your ability to book AAdvantage award travel. If you need assistance during this period, you may Contact AA. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Old May 8, 2009, 11:04 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Kaila
the changes are such that if they are announced in advance, people will be able to take unfair advantage (sorry, pun not intended), so it has to be hush-hush until it is in place. Of all the speculated changes, what fits the bill?
And why was a special hush-hush training session required? Perhaps there is more to come over the weekend.
Old May 9, 2009, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
Well, that was anti-climatic. I woke up this morning expecting to see the EXP tier eliminated or level qualification based only on points and it turns out that all the news is about award travel.

Award Travel?!?! Who cares. Why would I want to fly more?

Oh well. I guess if there are real program changes they could still happen. Earlier in this thread someone mentioned Tuesday, right?
Old May 9, 2009, 5:29 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Suggested theme song for this thread:

"Is that all there is?
Is that all there is?
If that's all there is, my friend,
then let's keep on dancing.
Let's break out the booze
and lets have a ball.
If that's all there is."

Peggy Lee-1969
Lyrics by Lieber and Stoller

(Tongue firmly planted in cheek-)
Old May 9, 2009, 5:50 am
chj

Programs: BA, UA, DL
This can't be all there is to this.
Old May 9, 2009, 9:07 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Since at least one issue has become less than speculative, posts regarding the new awards system have been moved to their won thread for the ease of members attempting to seek same.

New awards booking May 9 2009 - including one way awards

Please post regarding the new awards system in that thread; continue wild or rampant speculation here. Xie xie. (Until June 2, that is the phrase to use. )

/Moderator
Old May 15, 2009, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
My entry is that it has something to do with finally adding one-way awards to match other programs.
Since my guess turned out to be included as part of the recent changes, please excuse a momentary gloat.

Based on my success, I’ve decided to start a dictatorial, echo-chamber website so insular that it will only link to itself. It will be so exclusive that I will be its only member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.