Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Award Travel - Recourse for Schedule / Equipment Changes (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Travel - Recourse for Schedule / Equipment Changes (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2009, 5:37 pm

Call again.

With 100% success I have had AA do these changes. The first agent taking this call has extraordinary powers to create inventory as needed.

Don't take no for an answer.
Old May 7, 2009, 4:26 pm

Pleased to report that when I called back a second time just now the agent asked a supervisor for approval, which was granted, to put me on the flights I requested in the same class of service even though no standard award inventory was available.
Old May 7, 2009, 4:36 pm
tt7

Glad to hear you were able to get it resolved.
Old May 8, 2009, 7:56 am

Programs: SPG-Gold, Amex-Plat., AA-Plat.
Lucky you! AA just canceled the 6:00pm flight from DFW to CRP
on two award flights I have scheduled. Now have over a 4 hour
wait each time. I can't make any earlier flight so I'm stuck - oh
well, yet another reason to renew my admirals club membership
next month. I am going to miss that 6:00pm flight from DFW to
CRP.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 10:52 am

Programs: AA, FB, UA
Problems with Malev schedule change booked through AA

So I booked a Malev flight from Amsterdam to Budapest and on to a third destination through AA. Today I got an email from AA saying my 18:30 Malev flight had been cancelled, and that I'd been put on a flight leaving around 14:25. The changed time was too early for me...so I called AA and asked to be placed on the 8:30pm Malev flight--was told the connection time to my next flight was too short and that in any case it was sold out.

Then I checked Malev and saw they were still selling economy tickets on the 8:30pm flight, with a connection to my final destination. I call back, and the agent rebooks me on the 8:30pm flight from Amsterdam. But I checked the new booking code and it had changed from T to U--meaning that it would earn no miles...now I am on the phone again to AA, who say no other inventory is available but they are "working on it"....the agents claim they can't just award me the miles automatically, even though I originally paid a mileage earning fare, as this is Malev's responsibility...more generally, they are much less helpful than with schedule changes on AA metal.

I might add, some minutes later, that the plot thickens and the agents now claim that I should never have been moved to the 20:30 flight by the second agent, that I might not even be boarded, and that they may also not be able to move me to the 14:25 flight...sigh...

And the final (for now) act..I'm back on the inconvenient 14:25 flight and we will see if anything ever opens up at 20:30...at least I have a seat?

Last edited by neflyer13; Jun 24, 2009 at 11:35 am Reason: More info
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:24 am

For now, I'd just stick to the flights you have got and not worry too much about the fare class.

After the flight is completed, send an email to AAdvantage and request the miles as original routing credit. You might have to explain yourself a couple of times to a couple of different people, but you will eventually get the miles to which you are entitled.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you check with Malev? It's the carrier whose code is on the ticket (generally the operating carrier unless a codeshare) own responsibility to reaccommodate you. Because of oneworld AA has to help, but generally (and I have no experience with Malev) the operating carrier's reps have much broader tools to do reaccommodations.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by spanishflea
For now, I'd just stick to the flights you have got and not worry too much about the fare class.

After the flight is completed, send an email to AAdvantage and request the miles as original routing credit. You might have to explain yourself a couple of times to a couple of different people, but you will eventually get the miles to which you are entitled.
Does this ability to get ORC, from AA, work when the carrier responsible for normally giving you the miles is not AA?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Question award ticket schedule change

Hi,
months ago I reserved award travel, business class to Australia/New Zealand returning Nov. 28, which is the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. Unfortunately the only ticket I could book at the time was on Air Pacific with a 5 hour layover in Fiji. I was just informed that there are some schedule changes (I am now scheduled to arrive LAX from Fiji at 1:05 and dep LAX to ORD at 2:55). I was told I wouldn't make the connection and there are no flights out of LAX until midnight. Should I just sit tight and hope they change the schedule again in my favor?

I checked Qantas and they have 1 seat available in business class direct from SYD to LAX that would get me there in plenty of time. Should I put my husband on that? What are the chances of a 2nd business class award seat opening? I was also toying with changing my award to a one-way and paying for a one-way return. Does Qantas honor the automatic upgrade AA gives y/b for status? I am platinum. From reading FT I understand chances of Qantas upgrades are pretty slim.... Any thoughts?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 6:51 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No matter what anyone tells you here you'll have to call AA to make any changes to awards issued with AA miles.

The agents are generally acomodating when it comes to schedule changes and can work with you to the extent possible given they are dependent upon partner inventories.

You may do well to split up now and check regularly as you get closer to the travel dates for any award space opening up on more desireable flights.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sstcobra
Hi,
months ago I reserved award travel, business class to Australia/New Zealand returning Nov. 28, which is the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. Unfortunately the only ticket I could book at the time was on Air Pacific with a 5 hour layover in Fiji. I was just informed that there are some schedule changes (I am now scheduled to arrive LAX from Fiji at 1:05 and dep LAX to ORD at 2:55). I was told I wouldn't make the connection and there are no flights out of LAX until midnight. Should I just sit tight and hope they change the schedule again in my favor?
1:50 is within the MCT of 1:30 for International to Domestic at LAX.
Why wouldn't you make the connection, especially since you aren't behind all of the Y pax?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mvoight
1:50 is within the MCT of 1:30 for International to Domestic at LAX.
Why wouldn't you make the connection, especially since you aren't behind all of the Y pax?
The AA minimum connect times for International to Domestic are probably AA international to AA domestic, and are all within T-4. OP arrives at a different terminal, presumably TBIT. That would take more time.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gemac
The AA minimum connect times for International to Domestic are probably AA international to AA domestic, and are all within T-4. OP arrives at a different terminal, presumably TBIT. That would take more time.
TBIT is next door to T4.
Since they have to go back through security either way, it's a short extra walk between TBIT and T4. Or they could hop the shuttle.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 7:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA LT Gold, Marriott Gold
I am planning on putting my husband in business (he has no AA status, I am plat). I will ask to switch to a one-way award and purchase the return fare. My question for anyone with any AA on qantas experience: Should I go with the cheapest fare (booking code V) or will purchasing at a higher fare (booking code H or B) give me an advantage to possible upgrade? Difference is $400.

Also, this situation is due to AA schedule change. Should I still be expected to pay change fees (current reservation on Air Pacific, change to Qantas)?
Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:53 am
Wax

Programs: AA PLT
Angry Extreme Schedule Change - Do I Have Any Recourse?

My family and I were scheduled on award tickets to return home from our vacation STT-MIA-STL as noted below. Then I get a call from AA yesterday saying the schedule changed. Now I'm booked to leave St. Thomas 7.5 hours earlier, losing more than half a day in paradise. I'm sure they can do this, but do I have any recourse? What if I had had some sort of a non-refundable 1/2 day cruise already scheduled?

I checked and there are no other options for afternoon departures that get me back the same day.

Old Itin:
12/12 #672 STT-MIA 4:50-6:55p
12/12 #2008 MIA-STL 8:10-10:00p

New Itin:
12/12 #830 STT-MIA 9:10-11:10a
12/12 #583 MIA-STL 3:00-4:50p

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.