Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Hang on to your wallets - $50 co-pay increase for mileage upgrades, effective Oct 1st

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hang on to your wallets - $50 co-pay increase for mileage upgrades, effective Oct 1st

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2008, 7:24 am

Programs: AA - EXP 1.5 Million Miles, SPG Gold, hertz 5 star
foolish - let's protest!

It is unfortunate that they wouldn't exempt elites from this increase.

It further dilutes the values of our miles inappropriately.

I plan to call and write AA as well as citi and any other vendor I do business with who bulk purchases AA miles.

This is a slippery slope....

I understand that the operating costs are through the roof thanks to the oil prices, but.... I doubt these "enhancements" will ever be rolled back IF oil ever down closer to where it was before these panic fees.

Perhaps if we all band together quickly and loudly AA will reconsider (or at least exempt elites).

I see thousands have read this thread in the past few days. If all of us wrote aa customer service, perhaps they'll revist this.

Last edited by journalist212; Aug 8, 2008 at 8:26 am
Old Aug 11, 2008, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Too bad the airlines doesn't have the ***** to raise fares $50 across the board. That would generate far more revenue then nickle and diming a few customers on every flight. I guess it will just push more people into buying sticker upgrades, and saving their miles for bigger redemptions such as free tix which will cost AA far more in lost revenue. So be it. Two can play this game.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.