Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Security Lanes at LGA concourse D (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2007, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I love LGA, and other inner city airports like BOS and DCA. I hate more modern behemoths like DEN, which may have lots of amenities, but have to be located as far away from the city as possible. I don't need no stinkin' amenities at LGA. I get there 45 minutes before my flight, get through security relatively quickly (yes, it looks like a total zoo most of the times, but that's mostly because of the configuration; at least you can use some judgement to try to arbitrage the lines and find the best one), and get on the plane. Similarly, I like landing at LGA, hopping in a cab, and being home in half an hour. At DEN, it takes half an hour just to get curbside.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Blumie
I love LGA, and other inner city airports like BOS and DCA. I hate more modern behemoths like DEN, which may have lots of amenities, but have to be located as far away from the city as possible. I don't need no stinkin' amenities at LGA. I get there 45 minutes before my flight, get through security relatively quickly (yes, it looks like a total zoo most of the times, but that's mostly because of the configuration; at least you can use some judgement to try to arbitrage the lines and find the best one), and get on the plane. Similarly, I like landing at LGA, hopping in a cab, and being home in half an hour. At DEN, it takes half an hour just to get curbside.
I totally agree. Except for one thing. For gods sakes can we please get the D&C sides linked so I don't have to stress about spending time in the AC if I'm in the wrong terminal, or re-clear to go and see about being rerouted, etc. It's such a nightmare when there are rolling 30 minute at a time delays and you can't just go back to the AC and wait.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edwin_p_morales
I totally agree. Except for one thing. For gods sakes can we please get the D&C sides linked so I don't have to stress about spending time in the AC if I'm in the wrong terminal, or re-clear to go and see about being rerouted, etc. It's such a nightmare when there are rolling 30 minute at a time delays and you can't just go back to the AC and wait.
Agree with you on that. Are they still using C for mainline flights, or is it just Eagle? I haven't been stuck there in a long time.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
I've heard that you can ask to use the employee bus that goes back and forth between C and D behind security. Has anybody had luck doing this?
Old Mar 26, 2007, 2:49 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agree with you on that. Are they still using C for mainline flights, or is it just Eagle? I haven't been stuck there in a long time.
In my observations C is all eagle all the time.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 2:55 pm

I think it's almost if not all AE. The one exception I can remember is a LGA-MSY flight I had last year on an MD80. I have been stuck there a few times, I dislike it intensely.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 3:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP (5.8MM Airpass) Delta Gold Medallion Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by HNL
In my observations C is all eagle all the time.
Wrong, I landed in C a few weeks ago from DFW. It is rare but it happens. I second the comments about LGA. It is a dump but awfully damn convenient. AC also could use a makeover if anyone from AA is listening. As for the lines, I travel during business hours and have never waited more than 15 minutes. Try that in LAS or DEN.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 4:37 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AA53
Wrong, I landed in C a few weeks ago from DFW. It is rare but it happens. I second the comments about LGA. It is a dump but awfully damn convenient. AC also could use a makeover if anyone from AA is listening. As for the lines, I travel during business hours and have never waited more than 15 minutes. Try that in LAS or DEN.

Well my observations are not wrong, as I have not seen an AA mainline aircraft at C in eons. But, apparently they are not based in reality.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP

I consider LGA to be my "home" airport. The arbitrage of the lines is strangely appealing: the improbability that the guy with a dolly loaded to overflowing with water will actually beat the businessman though parallel checkpoints makes it all worthwhile.

And one >major< point in its favor: I can park on the street for free and walk to terminal D faster than any off site shuttle bus can drive there....when you travel every weekend from LGA, you really save a lot of parking $$$.

And they have the most creative ways to catch water from the leaky ceiling that I have ever seen....also, about one year ago, the mice that infested the place used to come right up to people and try and play with them...but they finally put traps out (I actually called the Maintenance Supervisor to complain...he laughed...so I called the NYC Rodent Hotline....you don't get to do that at most other airports).....It isn't great, but I would miss it if it changed....
Old Mar 26, 2007, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Originally Posted by ESpen36
What I try to do is after I get past the ID checker, I look ahead and choose a TSA lane that seems to have:
a) mostly business types who know what they are doing and, like me, already have their laptop and baggie out as they wait in line
b) NO kids, strollers, families
c) NO wheelchairs
Re: "c". Using this strategy, you can feel good about yourself when 18 wheelchairs and 72 traveling companions cut in front of you all at once when you've been in line for 30 minutes and are/were next in line.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by bxbkqu

I consider LGA to be my "home" airport.

I am trying to figure out your seemingly BQE-Major Deegan inspired FT nickname.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
I am trying to figure out your seemingly BQE-Major Deegan inspired FT nickname.
Good catch; I completely missed that. I guess his affinity for the borroughs ends at the Verrazano (as does mine!).
Old Mar 26, 2007, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Truer words were never spoken.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Good catch; I completely missed that. I guess his affinity for the borroughs ends at the Verrazano (as does mine!).

I have been using my user id in one form or another for at least 10 years. Back then, I was living in Chicago, and wanted everyone to know my NYC roots. I grew up in Brooklyn, and would never consider a tip of the hat to SI. I wanted the name to convey a NYC feel, but still be "catchy."
Old Mar 27, 2007, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by bxbkqu

I have been using my user id in one form or another for at least 10 years. Back then, I was living in Chicago, and wanted everyone to know my NYC roots. I grew up in Brooklyn, and would never consider a tip of the hat to SI. I wanted the name to convey a NYC feel, but still be "catchy."
Are you in NYC now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.