FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Security Lanes at LGA concourse D (consolidated)
Old Mar 26, 2007, 4:42 pm
bxbkqu

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Blumie
I love LGA, and other inner city airports like BOS and DCA. I hate more modern behemoths like DEN, which may have lots of amenities, but have to be located as far away from the city as possible. I don't need no stinkin' amenities at LGA. I get there 45 minutes before my flight, get through security relatively quickly (yes, it looks like a total zoo most of the times, but that's mostly because of the configuration; at least you can use some judgement to try to arbitrage the lines and find the best one), and get on the plane. Similarly, I like landing at LGA, hopping in a cab, and being home in half an hour. At DEN, it takes half an hour just to get curbside.

I consider LGA to be my "home" airport. The arbitrage of the lines is strangely appealing: the improbability that the guy with a dolly loaded to overflowing with water will actually beat the businessman though parallel checkpoints makes it all worthwhile.

And one >major< point in its favor: I can park on the street for free and walk to terminal D faster than any off site shuttle bus can drive there....when you travel every weekend from LGA, you really save a lot of parking $$$.

And they have the most creative ways to catch water from the leaky ceiling that I have ever seen....also, about one year ago, the mice that infested the place used to come right up to people and try and play with them...but they finally put traps out (I actually called the Maintenance Supervisor to complain...he laughed...so I called the NYC Rodent Hotline....you don't get to do that at most other airports).....It isn't great, but I would miss it if it changed....