Search

Must commend AA on generally excellent service in recent trips

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2008, 1:20 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sluggoaafa
Thank you. Be sure to say Hello next time!!!
I never get to be on Sluggo's flights. You're not going to be on LAX-BOS tonight, are you?

Cheers.
Old May 2, 2008, 1:22 pm

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
No...sorry.

I will add that I have received the most Applause Certs for April than I have in any other given month. On Wednesday morning alone, a pax gave two full sheets of certs to both of us working in F JFK-SFO. It's a great gesture, I just hope that he and his wife send in a letter.

Even on Sunday, with a 4hr creeping delay from LAX-JFK, I had an excellent group of FAs working with me that kept our pax in great spirits until we were able to get them off and find what little food they could get in the terminal before we left for New York. When we arrived into JFK, I never saw so many happy, cheerful pax who personally thanked all the crew for an excellent job.
Old May 2, 2008, 1:53 pm

Ten days ago I flew FC IAD to DFW to NRT and returned throught the same cities. The flights were ALL on time or ahead of schedule, the food was very good. the service was very good and the flights, all in all, were great! Perhaps I hit it just right, flying 5 days after the awful grounding problems, but I don't see how AA could have made it any better. Don't worry about taking JAL.....AA is just fine! Let's hope this is a pattern for the future.
Old May 2, 2008, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by sluggoaafa
Thank you. Be sure to say Hello next time!!!
Will do! I hope I have the good fortune to be on another Sluggo flight soon - considering I'm flying SFO-JFK about 4 times in the next couple of months, I look forward to the opportunity to thanking you for your excellent service in person.
Old May 2, 2008, 2:30 pm

Programs: Various
I concur with the postings here. I haven't scored a lucky flight yet with Sluggo or Proudbird, but had a great one this last week "Boo" on one of my flights.

I'm on AA-118 this next Tues 5/6, maybe my luck will change.
Old May 2, 2008, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Here is the point for all AA FA's one bad apple ruins it for all of them, my entire memory of my flight DFW-BCN is tainted by this experience.

I have Mrs. Deac 83 flying with me to verify the story (as she was not sitting with me and saw the whole situation from a distance).

DFW-JFK, the F FA makes the announcement 'turn off all electronics', I immediately start shutting down my computer, the F FA starts to pass through the F cabin with in 1 minute of the announcement and pointedly says to me 'you need to turn that off'. I'm the only person she says this to. Later my wife confirmed that two people on her side of the plan were still working on their blackberry and laptop but the FA said nothing to them.

That was irritating enough, but as we begin to prepare for landing at JFK. Electronics announcement, again within 1 minute she's on my case to shut down my computer, which I was in the process of doing.

So, now some 'SA' here will defend this FA for some reason, but here is the kicker.

The guy next to me in 5E, who appeared to be some sort of AA employee, had his laptop back shoved behind his legs instead of under the seat in front of him. The FA never notice nor asked him to put it under his seat. She was too busy harassing me about turning off my laptop to do her basic safety check. I actually had to let Mr. 5E know I'd appreciate it if he wouldn't endanger my safety by having his bag under his legs just in case something did go wrong.

So I'm happy everyone is excited about getting a pre-flight drink, I'd be a lot happier if they could just do their basic job, which is safety (as we are told many times)
Old May 2, 2008, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), HHonors Diamond
I'm doing a MR tomorrow and got upgraded on all flights to F. I'll have my AAplause certs in hand ready to hand out if the F/A is good. I'm hopeful with all the comments here, but knowing my luck I'll get the F/A more interested in the daily crossword puzzle who passes through once after the meal service on a three hour flight.
Old May 2, 2008, 8:36 pm

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
The only flights I've had PDB service on have been widebodies (ORD-SFO, DFW-SFO) but otherwise, great service! The FA's have been friendly and very attentive, the food has been edible, the drinks keep coming, the ground staff have been generally understanding and helpful, AC agents continue to pull through phone CS has been spot on. Funny too, because I've had more irrops in the last few weeks than I did all of last year, but I guess last year I was lucky
Old May 3, 2008, 11:57 am

Programs: AA PLAT, HH DIAMOND, SOUTHWEST RR, HERTZ
Have to concur with most of the other posters on this thread - I too have seen some great service in F/J on a number of flights & have followed up with AAplause certs and notes to CS. Other flights have been normal - but on the whole - solid improvement from my vantage point.

Specifically, the J SJU-MIA routes have had great FA's w/minor exceptions... and you can really tell those that have the pride & professionalism in executing their duties and customer service.

Sincerely, - jdburns11
Old May 3, 2008, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond
Have to concur. I've had fantastic service recently. I flew (coach!) from LAX-JFK on 5/23 and had the best service I've ever had. Met an FA whose boyfriend is an FTer. She mentioned that she knew Sluggo. Two of the FAs went over the top taking care of us. Of course I wrote AA singing their praises. Made for a great start to our PPT 30k special!

We also had a difficult flight a few weeks that was very well handled. DFW-SBA and the airport was socked in w/ fog. Two aborted landings later we ended up having to divert to LAX. Pilots, FAs and ground crew were all very professional and efficient under the circumstances. They kept us well-informed and had a bus waiting on the tarmac in LAX to take us up to SBA. Not exactly how I wanted out trip to Europe to end but I ended up feeling good about AA in the end.
Old May 5, 2008, 12:32 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
What a refreshing thread! Thanks!
Old May 5, 2008, 12:49 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I recently found myself in coach flying from DCA to ORD and while no gourmet meals were offered I found the FAs to be very friendly, courteous and professional. I was surpised with the pitch - better than we have on BA on intra-European flights. Flights were on time and luggage arrived a minute after we reached the claim hall. Good job AA!^

Last edited by Andriyko; May 6, 2008 at 12:43 am
Old May 5, 2008, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat, Virgin: Silver, Midwest, US Airways: Gold, NW, Lufthansa: Freq Trav
I too have noticed better service with the exception being at times when you have an FA working, wearing a badge that says resign/decline and some passenger asks what that is about. The service usually gets veeeeeeeeerrrry basic then. I have noticed this the past few times it has happened. On another note, I have been on flights where the FA's did an unbelievable job. One time when I handed them some Applause certs they thanked me but told me they don't turn them in as it puts them in a raffle for 20K miles. How about making the certs worth something besides miles? Sluggo, any ideas that would make the next program worth something tangible for a super FA?
Old May 5, 2008, 1:19 pm

Location: Now:AUS (again); Previous: LGA/EWR (BLKYN, missing JFK), AUS, SAT
Programs: Current: UA-Silver, Former AA Plat, DL Silver
Originally Posted by Andriyko
I recently found myself in coach flying from DCA to ORD and while no gourmet meals were offered I found the FAs to be very friendly, courteous and professional. I was surpised with the pitch - better than we have on BA on intra-European flights. Flights were on time and luggage arrive a minute after we reached the claim hall. Good job AA!^
I thought BA was supposed to be superior to AA in all aspects of its operation! I kid, I kid...

Although I have had fantastic FA's on all of my flights recently with one exception of a LGA/BOS based crew where one of the F/A's had a severe attitude problem. Just one flight in about 20 segments so far this year. Good job AA!
Old May 5, 2008, 1:20 pm

Location: Now:AUS (again); Previous: LGA/EWR (BLKYN, missing JFK), AUS, SAT
Programs: Current: UA-Silver, Former AA Plat, DL Silver
Originally Posted by wboll
I too have noticed better service with the exception being at times when you have an FA working, wearing a badge that says resign/decline and some passenger asks what that is about. The service usually gets veeeeeeeeerrrry basic then. I have noticed this the past few times it has happened. On another note, I have been on flights where the FA's did an unbelievable job. One time when I handed them some Applause certs they thanked me but told me they don't turn them in as it puts them in a raffle for 20K miles. How about making the certs worth something besides miles? Sluggo, any ideas that would make the next program worth something tangible for a super FA?
How about bringing back the SOS program?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.