FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Must commend AA on generally excellent service in recent trips
Old May 2, 2008, 4:03 pm
deac83

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Here is the point for all AA FA's one bad apple ruins it for all of them, my entire memory of my flight DFW-BCN is tainted by this experience.

I have Mrs. Deac 83 flying with me to verify the story (as she was not sitting with me and saw the whole situation from a distance).

DFW-JFK, the F FA makes the announcement 'turn off all electronics', I immediately start shutting down my computer, the F FA starts to pass through the F cabin with in 1 minute of the announcement and pointedly says to me 'you need to turn that off'. I'm the only person she says this to. Later my wife confirmed that two people on her side of the plan were still working on their blackberry and laptop but the FA said nothing to them.

That was irritating enough, but as we begin to prepare for landing at JFK. Electronics announcement, again within 1 minute she's on my case to shut down my computer, which I was in the process of doing.

So, now some 'SA' here will defend this FA for some reason, but here is the kicker.

The guy next to me in 5E, who appeared to be some sort of AA employee, had his laptop back shoved behind his legs instead of under the seat in front of him. The FA never notice nor asked him to put it under his seat. She was too busy harassing me about turning off my laptop to do her basic safety check. I actually had to let Mr. 5E know I'd appreciate it if he wouldn't endanger my safety by having his bag under his legs just in case something did go wrong.

So I'm happy everyone is excited about getting a pre-flight drink, I'd be a lot happier if they could just do their basic job, which is safety (as we are told many times)