Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2011, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Isn't it fun????

Originally Posted by jazzfeline
Hi all - just had to join FT and do a little dance after making 1 MM!

Anyone who knows me will say I'm always on the prowl for AA miles and have been for years...but I had no idea I could earn elite status without BIS...much less LT GLD.

I thought AA sent me the GLD email by mistake...especially when "View My Miles" said I still had to earn 25k EQM/25k EQP/30 EQS to reach GLD. So imagine my surprise when I called the AAward desk to ask about it and was informed that I was GLD for life! (That little tidbit isn't mentioned in the email.)

So I'm one of those surprised new 1 MMers who's quite happy with AA's wording of the GLD welcome email...it didn't seem understated at all to me.

I just wish I'd reached LT GLD 2 months ago instead of 2 days ago...it woulda saved me $50 x 2 for a last-minute DFW-FAY AAward trip; but I am looking forward to checking luggage again without cringing at the cost...just like the good ol' days!

YeAAh!
Congratulations! Welcome! In fact congratulations to all!

Watching my miles and status increase is a real picnic for me. I'm inching my way to Lifetime Plat. but making progress.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone who made the LT status the first week of Jan has rec'd packet yet?

The congratulation email for husband's LT GLD came a week after he crossed 1MM. However we are still waiting the Welcome Packet.

I looked at my records, mine arrived within 10 days after I crossed 1MM at end of August 2009.

Not that the luggage tags and the card mean anything, but they are still nice to have and the actual Lifetime Status wordings can only be found in the Welcome Booklet....
Old Jan 28, 2011, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
It has been posted several times on this thread that the newbys will get their packets when all the old timers get their new cards. The mailings all go out fairly soon, perhaps by March.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 10:21 am

Programs: American Airlines
Lifetime Gold - Timeline, continued.

I passed 1M miles about two weeks ago and my account was just updated to gold. I still haven't seen any upgrades appear in the account, but assume they'll get there eventually.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 5:35 am

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
I finally crossed 2MM! Pretty good considering I joined as a member in 2002, did some traveling for business from 2002 - 2007, and then pretty much stopped flying on a paid basis. The vast majority of my miles are from CC and other means. I'm happy to have passed this milestone
Old Feb 2, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: AA PLT, AA 1MM, Marriott GLD
3 weeks since crossing 1MM lifetime and I am still waiting on my lifetime GLD info. Nothing yet. However, I did get my current year GLD card two days ago (not enough 2010 flights to stay PLT...however I expect to have PLT back shortly thanks to a recent trip to BLR among other things).

I got all excited opening the mail - then realized it was current year GLD, not lifetime GLD. Sigh....
Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, Marriott Silver
I passed the 1MM mark today when miles from BankDirect posted. I'll update this post when I receive the email, upgrades, and welcome packet.

Posting of miles to pass 1MM - 2/2
Account updated to reflect gold status (online) - 2/7
Upgrades added to account - 2/7
Received EM acknowledging LT gold status - 2/9
Welcome packet received -

Last edited by aba030; Feb 9, 2011 at 10:43 am Reason: Added timeline information
Old Feb 4, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, 2.15 million miles; Priority Club PLT
Just passed 2,000,000 miles this morning when my Citi AA 75,000 bonus hit! Joined on March 4, 1992, so just about 19 years of earning, burning and waiting. Have an int'l. trip coming up in March so I hope I get my new PLT card by then! Thanks to everyone here for all the great tips and tricks that helped get me here faster.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: AA LT Plat
I just went over 2 million yesterday, on a ORD-STL flight. Very appropriate for me, as that is probably leg I fly the most often.

It was a challenging weekend flying around the midwest. I was helped by being routed through DFW on Thursday after something in my STL-ORD-DTW itinerary was canceled-thanks AC!

Now on to LT Gold for Mr S.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 8:43 am

I reached 2M on Feb. 3. My status was updated this morning (Monday 2/7) on aa.com, but no SWUs yet.

That's the same timeline as reported in post #1552, and much faster than I expected based on other posts.

EDIT: I have the SWUs too; I just didn't know I had to go to the "View my upgrades" tab.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Feb 8, 2011 at 10:03 pm
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:10 pm

Same here. Crossed 1MM on Feb. 3rd, status updated today. Took little over 3 yrs. No flying.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 10:27 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Crossed over One Million Miles on Sunday, when the 75,000 mile Citibank bonus hit my account.

I started on this quest in 2005 but didn't really hit my stride until 2008 when I decided that I wanted to go for it. I sat down and figured out that of this 1,000,000 miles...
  • About 480,000 came from Marriott Travel Packages (now defunct for American)
  • 175,000 came from credit card signup bonuses
  • 100,000 came from BankDirect
  • 50,000 came from a Starwood Nights and Flights redemption
  • 49,000 came from the promotion that Hyatt had late last year
  • 50,000 came from actual flying
  • The remaining 100,000 came from some combination of Avis bonuses, credit card spending, and Rewards Network

My status has not yet updated, but I am glad to have (hopefully) secured Lifetime Gold status. I'm a Star Alliance guy, but wanted to keep OneWorld status in my back pocket for the future.

Lifetime Platinum is really tempting, but I'm not sure if I could ever make it there now that Marriott and American have ended their relationship.

Edited to add: I crossed the threshold on Sunday, February 6th, and my account reflected Gold status on Monday, February 14th. Haven't received an e-mail or anything else yet.

Last edited by River in Sight; Feb 14, 2011 at 7:40 am
Old Feb 7, 2011, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sonora
I just went over 2 million yesterday, on a ORD-STL flight. Very appropriate for me, as that is probably leg I fly the most often.

It was a challenging weekend flying around the midwest. I was helped by being routed through DFW on Thursday after something in my STL-ORD-DTW itinerary was canceled-thanks AC!

Now on to LT Gold for Mr S.
Congrats on your new status! That's a great accomplishment to have LT Plat on AA.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jkm024
Crossed over One Million Miles on Sunday, when the 75,000 mile Citibank bonus hit my account.

I started on this quest in 2005 but didn't really hit my stride until 2008 when I decided that I wanted to go for it. I sat down and figured out that of this 1,000,000 miles...
  • The remaining 100,000 came from some combination of Avis bonuses, credit card spending, and Rewards Network

My status has not yet updated, but I am glad to have (hopefully) secured Lifetime Gold status. I'm a Star Alliance guy, but wanted to keep OneWorld status in my back pocket for the future.

Lifetime Platinum is really tempting, but I'm not sure if I could ever make it there now that Marriott and American have ended their relationship.
Wow, thats a lot from Marriott! And fairly few from actual flying. Not bad there! Most of my 1MM came from BIS + Bonus miles. I think you had the easier route
Old Feb 8, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by jkm024

Only 50k from flying

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.