Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nice act by FA today

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2007, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
Job perk I suppose. Capped bottles taken back to the hotel.

Heard this from a few FA's at B6, AA and Midwest.
Old May 19, 2007, 8:09 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by anabolism
Flew home in F last night. The FA put a cookie on the meal tray (instead of serving them afterwards). Then, she went through the cabin with one cookie on a saucer, asking everyone if they wanted the extra cookie, but no one did.
Strangely, I had an almost identical experience yesterday on a lunch flight DFW-ATL. The baked-on-board cookie was placed on the meal tray and served with the meal. Then the FA went through the cabin trying to give away the last cookie.

This was the first time I've ever had the cookie served on the tray with the meal, instead of brought out afterwards on a small plate. If I had my druthers, I prefer the cookie brought out separately (and hotly) after the meal.
Old May 19, 2007, 9:04 am

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
...If I had my druthers, I prefer the cookie brought out separately (and hotly) after the meal.
hot cookies in F!? please, let's stick to polite conversation ...

i agree with previous posts--it was a nice gesture and as worthy of a post as many of the other topics i've seen here. IME, the cookies are a crap-shoot--sometimes they're hot, sometimes they're cold, sometimes with the meal, sometimes after, and sometimes they just aren't there. just as well ... being on a plane and in airports all day is bad enough without even more unnecessary calories! now if they could put a workout room and showers in F ...
Old May 19, 2007, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, OW Sapphire, QF Bronze, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold; National Emerald
Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x
I think the whole cookie thing was a great idea of AA. They even give them free to PAX in the front of Y if they have extras from time time to time.
Are these cookies left over from FC, so given to the front of Y as the closest portable garbage disposals?

I tend to sit in the exit rows (so since like 85% of my flights are MD-80s, "way back"), so I get abandoned?

Oh, woe is me.

Steve
Old May 19, 2007, 8:49 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond; National C ar Executive Elite
Originally Posted by skye1
In F from STL-DCA this am, the FA went to every passenger, shook their hand, personally thanking each by name for flying AA today. I don't think I've EVER seen that. (the token "Thank you, buh-bye" on the way out the door, yeah, but not this).

This was after she had kept up a fantastic, cheerful attitude the whole flight, always a smile, always speaking in complete sentences ("May I offer you a mint, sir?" vs. the usual "Mint?", or "Would like a glass of orange juice or water before take-off this morning, Mr. __?" vs. "OJ? Water?"), after she made it a point to offer "seconds" & "thirds" on biscuits & bagels to everyone, after she personally introduced herself to each individual passenger before take-off, thru the cabin several times vs. parked in the jump-seats w/ magazine in hand), etc. Wish AA had more like her....
This happened to me on an AA flight from ORD to LGA. I was sitting in coach for the flight. The FA begins beverage and when she gets to me, she says "Welcome, Mr. Hotel Junkie. What would you like to drink?" First time ever that an AA FA addressed me by my name...didn't even think they knew I existed unless I was in F. Pleasantly surprised.
Old May 19, 2007, 9:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Hotel_junkie
This happened to me on an AA flight from ORD to LGA. I was sitting in coach for the flight. The FA begins beverage and when she gets to me, she says "Welcome, Mr. Hotel Junkie. What would you like to drink?" First time ever that an AA FA addressed me by my name...didn't even think they knew I existed unless I was in F. Pleasantly surprised.
I'm not that good with names, but I think even I would remember someone named "Hotel Junkie"!
Old May 19, 2007, 11:26 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by OneXMarine
Several years ago the FA's on US used to go through both cabins and thank each elite member by name for flying US Air. I've been flying AA for 38 years and I've been Platinum or Exec Platinum for at least 12 and have never had the experience you describe. I hope you wrote (or write) to AA and tell them what a fantastic job she did and how it made you feel. She deserves recognition for that kind of service.
Absolutely. I sent that e-mail the same day.

I had given her an "Applause!" certificate near the end of the flight. She thanked for it, and added, "As much as I appreciate this, and I do, just knowing that I've been of assistance to my passengers is the biggest thanks I can hope for. I really do love my job, and it means a lot to me that I've been able to help make someone's flight more pleasant." I could tell that she meant this. I could tell that she was being genuine.
Old May 19, 2007, 11:45 pm

Programs: AA-exp, 4MM, MR-plat, Hertz-PC, WN-CP
It's true that you remember the nice "little things" for a long time. In Dec. two of our three kids (teenagers) were downgraded during a DEN snowstorm reroute. We took our cheesecake or whatever back to them, the first f/a saw this and packed up about 8-10 cookies for them. (do they know who is a true downgrade?)
Old May 20, 2007, 10:44 am
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
Only on FT can the act of giving a PAX cookies for his daughter turn iinto a 3 page debate
Old May 20, 2007, 11:02 am
Suspended

Programs: AA GLD
To get back on topic

I asked the FA if I could have a second cookie and she brought me two more! ^^^

For other cookie hounds, this was the last MIA-LGA flight of the day.
Old May 20, 2007, 3:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, AAdvantage Platinum (1MM Lifetime Gold), Avis First
Flyertalk is getting so hostile .... its was a good jester and you rarely see it anymore in the service industry.
Old May 20, 2007, 3:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Did you mean "gesture" rather than "jester" (as in a court jester)?
Old May 20, 2007, 3:57 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by alhcfp
Only on FT can the act of giving a PAX cookies for his daughter turn iinto a 3 page debate
Do I hear four pages?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.