Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nice act by FA today

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2007, 7:01 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Last time I flew with my 5 year old neice in FC, (and before you start yapping, she is always the best passenger in the cabin), they only served sundae's for desert. Since she can not eat dairy, I just told the FA to just say there was no desert for us (that will work with my neice). The FA was so nice and said "I must have something here for her", she then went digging into the galley and came back with a large pre-packaged cookie. Boy was my neice happy (me too, since know I could also have desert and eat my sundae). Of course the bussiness man across the aisle, who had just finished his sundae said "where's my cookie?". The FA said "one per customer", LOL.

PS: As we were de-planeing, the FA said "your neice really was the best passenger in the cabin today", and even the grumpy man next to us, had to agree. Sometime niceness really does count!
Old May 18, 2007, 8:11 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jragosta
The OP obviously thought so. If you ever own FT, feel free to decide otherwise.
And when you own FT, then you can decide whether or not I get to state an opinion. Your posts of late seem to indicate that you're quite agitated about something. I'll take that into consideration when viewing your current attack

Cheers.
Old May 18, 2007, 8:59 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
In F from STL-DCA this am, the FA went to every passenger, shook their hand, personally thanking each by name for flying AA today. I don't think I've EVER seen that. (the token "Thank you, buh-bye" on the way out the door, yeah, but not this).

This was after she had kept up a fantastic, cheerful attitude the whole flight, always a smile, always speaking in complete sentences ("May I offer you a mint, sir?" vs. the usual "Mint?", or "Would like a glass of orange juice or water before take-off this morning, Mr. __?" vs. "OJ? Water?"), after she made it a point to offer "seconds" & "thirds" on biscuits & bagels to everyone, after she personally introduced herself to each individual passenger before take-off, thru the cabin several times vs. parked in the jump-seats w/ magazine in hand), etc. Wish AA had more like her....
Old May 18, 2007, 10:03 am

Programs: AA Plat
Acts of kindness should be recognized.
Old May 18, 2007, 10:45 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by shawbridge
...She then asked if my daughter likes chocolate chip cookies. When I said yes, she packed up all of the unserved chocolate chip cookies in a bag and said, "Here, take these for your daughter."
No wonder there weren't seconds when i asked for one!!
Old May 18, 2007, 12:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Plt, 3.0MM Admiral's Club
Originally Posted by skye1
In F from STL-DCA this am, the FA went to every passenger, shook their hand, personally thanking each by name for flying AA today. I don't think I've EVER seen that. (the token "Thank you, buh-bye" on the way out the door, yeah, but not this).

This was after she had kept up a fantastic, cheerful attitude the whole flight, always a smile, always speaking in complete sentences ("May I offer you a mint, sir?" vs. the usual "Mint?", or "Would like a glass of orange juice or water before take-off this morning, Mr. __?" vs. "OJ? Water?"), after she made it a point to offer "seconds" & "thirds" on biscuits & bagels to everyone, after she personally introduced herself to each individual passenger before take-off, thru the cabin several times vs. parked in the jump-seats w/ magazine in hand), etc. Wish AA had more like her....
Several years ago the FA's on US used to go through both cabins and thank each elite member by name for flying US Air. I've been flying AA for 38 years and I've been Platinum or Exec Platinum for at least 12 and have never had the experience you describe. I hope you wrote (or write) to AA and tell them what a fantastic job she did and how it made you feel. She deserves recognition for that kind of service.
Old May 18, 2007, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by AdamSouthFL
The cookies are worth more than thousand dollar bills anyway.
Especially considering that $100 are the largest bills currently in use (in the US) outside the Federal Reserve System!!

Last edited by Madison Guy; May 18, 2007 at 1:50 pm
Old May 18, 2007, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been pretty successful the last couple of years at getting the FAs to give me a bag full of the Old Colony lemon, walnut and applesauce cookies to take home to the kids on those trips when I don't buy the kids anything. Haven't asked about the baked-on-board cookies, but I will from now on. @:-)
Old May 18, 2007, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by brp
And when you own FT, then you can decide whether or not I get to state an opinion. Your posts of late seem to indicate that you're quite agitated about something. I'll take that into consideration when viewing your current attack
No cookies for him, I guess.
Old May 18, 2007, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by whirledtraveler
I'm still trying to figure out why you were in the bathroom with two FAs.
I guess that would depend on the FAs involved.
Old May 18, 2007, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x
I think the whole cookie thing was a great idea of AA. They even give them free to PAX in the front of Y if they have extras from time time to time.
So what do they do with the opened champagne bottles?
Old May 18, 2007, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Flew home in F last night. The FA put a cookie on the meal tray (instead of serving them afterwards). Then, she went through the cabin with one cookie on a saucer, asking everyone if they wanted the extra cookie, but no one did. I didn't eat the one on my tray, but decided to wrap it in my paper napkin and bring it home for my partner, who loves cookies. I noticed the napkin was soaked with oil from the cookie, so after the FA cleared my tray, I waved it and asked for another napkin, intending to double-wrap it. I said something like "Can I have another napkin? I want to brink the cookie home." The FA said "Of course, but have you ever tried these cookies after they get cold? They get so hard you can barely bite into them!" So I mentioned that it was for my partner, and "I'll see if he likes them." She returned, not with a napkin, but with a foil-wrapped packet, saying "Here you go -- I put two in there so you can each have one." That was very nice of her! And my partner did enjoy all three, although by the next day they were getting rather hard.
Old May 18, 2007, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
Good story to hear about.

As far as opened Champagne bottles go, the crew will sometimes finish them after shift. Also, I've seen some FA's offer the rest/top off glasses just to kill the bottle just prior to landing.
Old May 18, 2007, 4:24 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

d e l e t e d

Last edited by HNL; May 18, 2007 at 4:25 pm Reason: not worth the time and effort
Old May 18, 2007, 4:36 pm

[QUOTE=the phoenix;7761150]Good story to hear about.

As far as opened Champagne bottles go, the crew will sometimes finish them after shift.

Priceless

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.