Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW Moving passengers to lower level

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
DFW Moving passengers to lower level

WFAA is reporting now that passengers are being moved from the upper level in terminal C to the lower level (as of 1705 CST). There have been severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings in the area.

Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Only the passengers in C are in danger?
Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:19 pm

I'm in the Terminal C AC. They just had pax move to the center of the AC. 5 hours and counting waiting for my flight home. There are some folks here delayed from yesterday.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Lots of stormy weather in Texas tonight. We're having flash floods and they even fired up the tornado warning sirens here in Fort Worth a bit ago. News stories about the Secret Service hauling GW, Laura, and the dogs over to an old storm cellar on the ranch.

To rain hard for hours. Can't be fun at DFW.

Last edited by jayer; Dec 29, 2006 at 4:52 pm
Old Dec 29, 2006, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by AArlington
I'm in the Terminal C AC. They just had pax move to the center of the AC. 5 hours and counting waiting for my flight home. There are some folks here delayed from yesterday.
just saw the *AVERAGE* arrival delay at DFW is currently 5 hours 30 minutes. ouch!

I'm at LGA, connecting home thankfully in the East, and the day's final flight to DFW just went cancel. the 12:15pm was boarding for a 7-hour delayed departure, however...
Old Dec 29, 2006, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Been in the airport in TYR trying to get to DFW and on to LGA for 9 hours now. Looks like I got a seat tomorrow confirmed. Luckily. There's nothing at ALL available DFW-LGA tomorrow now. It's not pretty out there.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by AArlington
The center of the AC isn't so bad... At least they didn't toss you out to go to a lower level with the riff raff.

But can you still access the bar??

Good luck getting home!
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:23 pm

Still at DFW... All flights to DCA cancelled except mine -- 1900 originially scheduled for 3pm. No real updates from the agents; just a lot of nervous pax standing around with no idea what to do. Crews have gone over their legal schedules. No luck getting new crews.

Since this is DFW I can imagine this replicating across the country.

I feel for all the families with small children traveling home for the holidays. Screaming, hungry, tired kids.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I m in DFW C AC and waiting for my flight to LAX which is delayed 3rd time in the row, but luckily mine is not cancelled yet as many others are.

Kinda crowded here and many parents with children back from holiday travel... kids are still comfy but it s getting late !

Bar is open and the tornado warning has been on for about 45 mins... staff requested guests to remove from the windows.

AC in D was evacuated over that time (according to staff) because of the big windows... but I cant confirm that.

Anyone else here ?

Greetings from hell :-:
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:35 pm

Divertions are everywhere tonight. Can anyone get a list of divertions?
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:46 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

www.flightstats.com

enter dfw
select arrivals
select a time frame
click submit

on the results screen, click a column header to sort the data. There is a status column...that will list, among other things, 'diverted'
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by ilkhats44
Diversions are everywhere tonight. Can anyone get a list of divertions?
Its a regular Noahfest in the east half of Texas. (8:10 PM local time). Some weather was expected, but not this much rain. Pretty much everything will either be diverted, delayed, cancelled, or a combination. And I'm really thankful my boss let me fly back in last night if I promised to work from the house today.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by HNL
www.flightstats.com

enter dfw
select arrivals
select a time frame
click submit

on the results screen, click a column header to sort the data. There is a status column...that will list, among other things, 'diverted'
Definitely some interesting diverts. For example:
AA 9743 MHK (Manhattan KS) - DFW
was diverted to STL. They are now farther away from DFW than when they started! But I'm sure anyone with a connection past DFW is happy since they can reconnect in STL.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
I just drove to Costco in East Plano. The rain was coming down so strong that people who had just arrived there either parked and sat in their cars or drove upto the covered entrance bit and let someone out to do the shopping. My wife tells me there was hardly anyone in the store so you know what I did
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Currently at the AC in D. Came in from GDL, sat on the tarmac for over 2 hours within sight of gate D16. Finally pulled in, only to find that my connection to BOS is currently AWOL, although it may still leave tonight. I'm OK with taking a very late flight, not in the mood to find a place to stay if it gets cancelled. The place is quite subdued, but it is a complete and total CF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.