Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any AA flights for less than $60.00 R/T?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2006, 4:55 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by gemac
If you're doing quick turnarounds (which seem, by consensus, to be easier in DAL), when do you have time to see the inside of the AC? On the turns I've got, I doubt if I could walk to the AC if DAL had one. I know I couldn't in STL.
AUS, MCI: You can almost certainly hit the AC with a rock from your arrival and departure gates, even if they aren't the same.

STL: You may have a bit of a walk, depends where you land.

DFW: Depends where you land

SAT: No AC.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Here's something for our expert analysts to consider:

By the end of May, I will be right at 46,325 EQM on 56 segments (826mi/seg).

As a personal choice, I think I'll stand an easier chance of earning EXP on segments rather than EQM. Basically, while I have to earn 100% more EQM over PLT (100K vs. 50K), I only need 66% more EQS (100 vs. 60), and my flying patterns dictate segments are better (especially with the FLY3 promo thrown in). If I were doing over 1666mi/seg (50K/30segs), then it would be different. Between 1000-1666mi/seg is a coin toss.

With a bunch of short trips probable, along with a trip or two to Asia (where I'll max out my segments), I think this new 100-seg qualification was designed just for me!

Anyone see a flaw in my thinking? YMMV of course.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Here's something for our expert analysts to consider:

By the end of May, I will be right at 46,325 EQM on 56 segments (826mi/seg).

As a personal choice, I think I'll stand an easier chance of earning EXP on segments rather than EQM. Basically, while I have to earn 100% more EQM over PLT (100K vs. 50K), I only need 66% more EQS (100 vs. 60), and my flying patterns dictate segments are better (especially with the FLY3 promo thrown in). If I were doing over 1666mi/seg (50K/30segs), then it would be different. Between 1000-1666mi/seg is a coin toss.

With a bunch of short trips probable, along with a trip or two to Asia (where I'll max out my segments), I think this new 100-seg qualification was designed just for me!

Anyone see a flaw in my thinking? YMMV of course.
If your flying pattern holds, you should make it both ways, by segments around Oct. 1, and by miles in Dec. I wold just keep on keepin' on, and see where you stand around the beginning of October, planning mileage or segment runs as and if required.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.