Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any AA flights for less than $60.00 R/T?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2006, 6:02 am

Location: Scarsdale, NY USA; LT PLT AA; AA 3 mm (4 mm will never happen); Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA is clueless why I fly
Originally Posted by DFWFlyer2
I haven't seen $19 fares since about 1990, and they were on SW. Of course that was also back when the fares were quoted all-in, so my total R/T was $38. These $29 fares are the first I've seen in a LONG time, and definitely the first I've seen on AA. Don't know that you'll find cheaper, but you never know of course!
While it is not AA, I have flights this coming week that are CHEAP. TigerAirways from SIN to HAN - $25 plus tax (which is $25!) and Jet Asia SIN- BKK - $19 plus tax ($15).
Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL, HHonors, AA, US, Aloha Pass, BA, CO, HawaiianMiles, Chairman, Centurion, AXP, MR, MHC Gold
Originally Posted by gemac
I live in St. Louis. I often find fares to Detroit and Omaha for under $100 all-in (not right now, but I would say about 25% of the times I check). Neither one is a non-stop, both connect through ORD. Sometimes, they will even let you connect through both DFW and ORD.

I use dreammaps to check. Something like this should be available near you. For example, AA just pulled $83 fares RSW-MCO (now it's $113). This is a connection through MIA. RSW is a nice one in that it is so close to MIA that people would just drive if they price flights a lot higher, but you gotta fly through MIA to get almost anywhere on AA.

Try setting dreammaps as your home page on your browser, with your home airport as the default rather than DFW, and $100 as the maxfare. You would be surprised what will pop up.
I tried www.dreammaps.com and www.dreamaps.com, no luck, could you send the URL? Thanks
Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL, HHonors, AA, US, Aloha Pass, BA, CO, HawaiianMiles, Chairman, Centurion, AXP, MR, MHC Gold
Originally Posted by lin821
I've got 6 of those times 5 people. thks
Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by drbond
I tried www.dreammaps.com and www.dreamaps.com, no luck, could you send the URL? Thanks
Dream Maps

You really should read the sticky, my friend. Just about all the questions you have asked so far, and so many, many more, are answered in there. It would be a lot more time efficient for you if you acquire your information wholesale (sticky) rather than retail (posting one question at a time). If you don't understand something in the sticky, and a search doesn't turn up an answer, by all means post that question, and everyone will pitch in to help.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pinniped
...just let us know the goal and people here can help. If it's a segment run you have in mind, you can definitely get down under $30 per elite-qualifying segment.

There are lots of $56 base fares that turn into $70-something all-in. I'm guessing there is a way to run at least one of those as a 4-segment trip, although I can't think of exactly which one off the top of my head. Maybe MCI-ORD-DFW-ORD-MCI or something like that. Or just crank through a bunch of MCI-DAL segments and until you've maxxed the 30k bonuses. Depends on whether you're after quick, easy miles or maximum segments for a given fare.

Tell us what you're up to...
I am up to getting EXP has inexpensively as possible and my airport options are ATL, BHM & BNA. I could do a flight to another location if the value was there. My ultimate goal is 2MM.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by mvoight
At $60 for 1000 miles (shortest roundtrip), it would take you $6000 to get EXP.
Given that there is now a 100 segment qualification for EXP, this is not correct. At $60 per round trip, it would take 50 round trips, or $3,000.

As has been mentioned, though, there are a lot of ways to get cheaper segments. Some of them have been mentioned (e.g. DTW-ORD-STL, when it's on sale), and some (e.g. good AS short-hop routes) have not. Regardless, with planning, it would be possible to get EXP for considerably less than $3k.

Mike
Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am up to getting EXP has inexpensively as possible and my airport options are ATL, BHM & BNA. I could do a flight to another location if the value was there. My ultimate goal is 2MM.
I note that you don't say anything about doing any other flying this year, other than the segment runs to get EXP, or any time constraints (like a job). Cheapest route to EXP that I know of is AA occasionally offers sub-$80 fares on STL-DFW-ORD-DTW-ORD-DFW-STL. When available in the past, it has been available every day of the week (around $100 all-in). Look for this fare, and when you see it, jump on it for 16 straight days. You will leave out of STL pretty early and return pretty late, but you can nap on the planes, especially on the DFW-ORD legs. This will get you 96 segments, and since I don't think there are any nonstop flights from ATL, BHMor BNA to STL on AA, your trip to STL and home will leave you at 100 segments total. Total cost, $1,600 plus the cost of your flight from home to STL and back.

Warning: Flying this route for 16 straight days may be harmful to your mental health, especially if you spend the nights in the airport at STL. On the other hand, if you really aren't doing any other flying this year, and are just getting EXP to have it, and not to fly anywhere with it, you may have significant mental health issues already.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by jaynyc
While it is not AA, I have flights this coming week that are CHEAP. TigerAirways from SIN to HAN - $25 plus tax (which is $25!) and Jet Asia SIN- BKK - $19 plus tax ($15).
Oh yeah, you reminded me:

HAN-DAD and DAD-SGN each cost ~$33USD all in
Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:22 pm

Question points and miles earned

Originally Posted by srk123
EZE to MVD is $62 RT on a nice big 767 for a 142-mile flight. Did it last week. However taxes make it $99 all in. All you have to do is go down to South America to take advantage of it.
Thanks to this forum I did the platinum challenge last month with one flight that I already had to do: EZE-MIA-DFW-TUS-DFW-MIA-EZE (got double miles on mia-eze :-)
I'm trying to know now how many Qpoints, Qmiles and earned miles will the EZE-MVD-EZE flight will give me in V class.
284 Qmiles or 1k Qmiles? (I think Qpoints will be the same with a V class ticket but I'm guessing)
2K miles or 1284 miles? (platinum bonus is for the flown miles or for the additional ones up to 500 minimum miles too)
Old Mar 3, 2006, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
Originally Posted by rockhoundm
Thanks to this forum I did the platinum challenge last month with one flight that I already had to do: EZE-MIA-DFW-TUS-DFW-MIA-EZE (got double miles on mia-eze :-)
I'm trying to know now how many Qpoints, Qmiles and earned miles will the EZE-MVD-EZE flight will give me in V class.
284 Qmiles or 1k Qmiles? (I think Qpoints will be the same with a V class ticket but I'm guessing)
2K miles or 1284 miles? (platinum bonus is for the flown miles or for the additional ones up to 500 minimum miles too)
The EZE-MVD will give you 500 EQM each way, unless it is a continuation of your MIA-EZE flight with the same flight number, in which case you only get 142. If you're PLT, you will get double miles (1000 each way), but your status miles will still be 500 each way.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:48 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by steve32
The $56 out of DAL I got only had $16.10 in taxes added to it, for $72.10 all in--but very worthwhile since the trio I've got on hold will also get a 30k bonus.

Steve
I'll happily pay the extra $4 to use the ACs in DFW.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spiff
I'll happily pay the extra $4 to use the ACs in DFW.
If you're doing quick turnarounds (which seem, by consensus, to be easier in DAL), when do you have time to see the inside of the AC? On the turns I've got, I doubt if I could walk to the AC if DAL had one. I know I couldn't in STL.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 9:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Cool...so there's nothing magic about $60 - you're just on a quest for cheap segments.

But...others here might suggest that segment-running is more expensive than mileage-running: I don't know because I've never tried it. In other words, something like ATL-West Coast for $250 all in with connections in MIA, JFK, etc. might make more sense for your goals than flying to Missouri and doing a bunch of Dallas runs. (Well, maybe a side trip to hit the 30k promo for your 2MM goal wouldn't hurt. )

In conclusion, I don't think there are any $60 all in tickets available to you out of ATL, but you don't really need that anyway. You probably should have set up your initial question as "I need X EQM's out of ATL, BHM, or BNA - what's the optimal (time-efficient + low-cost) way to get 'em?"
Old Mar 4, 2006, 2:49 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
The real trick to getting lots of segments is looking for MPM (maximum permitted mileage) fares, usually international. Domestic itineraries have a fixed routings you can use, but many international fares let you take unlimited flights, as long as you fall within the permitted mileage. I've almost always done mileage runs to Europe like this by tacking on an additional four segments to/from DFW.
eg.
AUS-DFW-IAH-DFW-LGW-DFW-TYR-DFW-AUS, gets in an extra 4 segments, for the same price as AUS-DFW-LGW R/T.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 3:29 pm

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
AA just had a fare sale AUS-DAL/DFW for $56+. It's gone now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.