Search

New Plat - no luggage tags ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2005, 2:52 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Jakebeth
Think this is a stupid topic? THEN CLOSE THE WINDOW.

Ok. Now that we've got that taken care of...

Come on AA - SELL US SOMETHING!!
They do. The sale price is EXP, and you get two luggage tags .

Cheers.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by brp
They do. The sale price is EXP, and you get two luggage tags .

Cheers.
Ahh....

But as you know - and many have pointed out here before - you can't buy EXP. You've got to have those BIS miles. I can't fly that much!
Old Aug 29, 2005, 4:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jakebeth
Ahh....

But as you know - and many have pointed out here before - you can't buy EXP. You've got to have those BIS miles. I can't fly that much!
Luggage tags are for closers.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Luggage tags are for closers.
Damn.

You got me there....No tags. No coffee. No nothin'.

Last edited by Jakebeth; Aug 29, 2005 at 7:26 pm
Old Aug 29, 2005, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Starwood PLT, Continental PLT, Virgin GLD
Will I get my EXP tags? SOme say yes some say no. I have no PLT tags, now the thought of hitting EXP for the first time and getting no tags... just makes me
Old Aug 29, 2005, 8:08 pm

Best Synopsis

This would make a great STICKY!

Originally Posted by JDiver
1M and every M thereafter, you get two luggage tags according to the status you held when you crossed the threshhold (idea: if you are about to cross two threshholds, do status first... Lady JDiver was about to cross both, EXP and 1M, I recommende she withhold some Kellogg's miles coupons she had until her trip was finished, so she got two EXP 1M tags, insteafd of two Platinum 1M tags.)

Golds and Platinums do not get luggage tags on qualfying / requalifying; Executive Platnums still do. Admrials Club members get two AC luggage tags when they first become members, not thereafter (iirc, we used to... but it has been a long time!) AC members can pourchase tags at $10 each, minimum of two.

You can always recycle old status tags with a drill or hot nail and make your own luggage tags. SOme of us recommend using these on carry-ons, not luggage, as CW says places like JFK or elsewhere baggage handlers may be vindictive, about to strike, etc. may target status-tagged bags for, uh, extra mileage runs or extra rest time in storage.

OK, are we all straight on luggage tags? Well, unless we aren't straight to begin with... Are we getting the current "state of the luggage tag?"
Old Aug 30, 2005, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (> 2.5 MM; *Wood Gld; HHonors Gld
Just finished planning some MR's to obtain EXP,

my first AA luggage tags - PRICELESS :-)

Old Sep 18, 2005, 8:38 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM,Alaska MVP Gold, HH Diamond
Thumbs up the platinum tag update...drum roll please!!

Originally Posted by SteveinSTL
Hello All,

Called the Plat desk (!) and asked about new plat tags since I am a 1MM closing in on 2. She laughed when I said it was an ongoing saga, and looked it up somewhere. She said yes, i would be able to get 2 Plat tags, would take 3-5 weeks, and I heard her typing into her little terminal. Amazing how a recording of keystrokes fools me every time Anyhow, guess we won't know for sure until late Sept, but she convinced me. Someone else in the same boat, give it a try and tell us what you find.

I'll report back when/if I get them!
4 weeks to the day, I opened my mail and there they were, 2 plat tags with the most recent mile post of 1MM. So, to clarify, I did a plat challenge in July/August & hit it; I'm still not 2 MM yet, so it was NOT the passing of a threshold that automatically created these - it was a request after seeing that I'd hit it. So, you might want to try calling & asking. It worked for me!! ^ ^ And the way I am thinking, I'll get another 2 tags in about 6 months once I pass the 2 MM mark!
Old Sep 18, 2005, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EXP;*Wood PLT; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SteveinSTL
4 weeks to the day, I opened my mail and there they were, 2 plat tags with the most recent mile post of 1MM. So, to clarify, I did a plat challenge in July/August & hit it; I'm still not 2 MM yet, so it was NOT the passing of a threshold that automatically created these - it was a request after seeing that I'd hit it. So, you might want to try calling & asking. It worked for me!! ^ ^ And the way I am thinking, I'll get another 2 tags in about 6 months once I pass the 2 MM mark!
Sounds promising so I will give it a try.

"Called the Plat desk (!)" by SteveinSTL
(although there is no actual Plat desk as I understand it ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.