Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEA: AS to AA connection times

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2004, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

SEA: AS to AA connection times

How feasible is a 45~60 minutes connection from AA to AS (Horizon) at SEA? I am guessing I will have to reclear security to cross between concourses. The flights are ORD-SEA-YVR-SEA-ORD.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 1:50 pm

If you only have carry-on you should be fine. No need to reclear you can stay airside just follow signs. A walk from AA gates to Horizon gates is around 15 minutes. Horizon usually starts their boarding about 20 min before departure.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I think it's doable still. All concourses and satellites are linked airside these days so you won't have to reclear security.

FWIW, AA now uses concourse A. QX flights to/from YVR, unless you're on the odd AS one, get in a C2 or C4 (the commuter gates) so it shouldn't be more than a 10 minute walk between gates. Of course if your flight incoming flight is late......
Old Oct 13, 2004, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA-Plat, HH-Dia, Htz-Pres
It's a 10 minute walk if you go terminal end to terminal end, through the construction maze, and avoid the 10 person deep line at the coffee kiosks. Fortunately it's all inside security.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 3:09 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Just got a feel for that kind of thing on Monday, had an Admirals Club Pass for the day, (going thru several airports that day) but in SEA, I was connecting from- and to- on Alaska/American codeshares. So, to use the A/C, had to go from Alaska's gates over to American's. Definitely not a 5 minute walk, but a 15 min. one I'd say---your speed may vary. And, yes, you've gotta' pay attention to those signs thru the construction/remodelling areas you'll walk thru.
While in the Admirals Club at SEA, I had them call me a cart to get me back to Alaska's gates faster...the staff there was GREAT and happy to do it, very mindful of the trek.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 6:35 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
I make this trek frequently, and it's about 15 minutes at a moderate stroll, 10 minutes at a brisk walk. Be careful your first time to follow the signs through the plywood tunnels, there are at least two places along the way where it would be very easy to exit if you aren't paying attention. In other words, don't do this while talking on your cell phone, and don't just follow the crowd in front of you. Although most Horizon flights leave from the C2 commuter gates, some have started leaving from the end of the C terminal where AA used to leave from, (C14+). I'm in the Board Room at SeaTac right now and just checked the monitor, the flights to Vancouver and Victoria BC this evening are both leaving from the South Satellite, so be sure to find out what gate you're leaving from before you head to the wrong concourse. You'll pass the train to the South Satellite as you leave the A concourse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.