Search

Wireless arriving in MIA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2004, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
Wireless arriving in MIA

I'm going to be flying into MIA on AA in a week. MIA is home to me, but when I arrive I am going to have to get on the internet ASAP. Cell phone connection isn't an option. I'd love to go to the AC, but my understanding is that ACs are closed to arrivals still. Is that true? Does anyone know of any other place to get internet access quickly in MIA?
Old Oct 13, 2004, 9:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by whirledtraveler
I'm going to be flying into MIA on AA in a week. MIA is home to me, but when I arrive I am going to have to get on the internet ASAP. Cell phone connection isn't an option. I'd love to go to the AC, but my understanding is that ACs are closed to arrivals still. Is that true? Does anyone know of any other place to get internet access quickly in MIA?
Are you a AC member? If so there is no reason you cannot go into the club at E since its outside security.

mike
Old Oct 13, 2004, 11:03 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
IIRC there are pay to use internet terminals scattered about operated by AT&T or similar. And it's been a while but if you are not an AC member and have wireless T-Mobile may have hotspots about like in Dallas where there are signs everywhere to point out the hot spot zones. YOu could pay the $50 to use the "E" AC, but the internet terminals seem to be hogged all the time so you will need to use T-Mobile if you want fast.

Or just take a cab to the first internet cafe you see but unless you are a long way from the airport you must be able to go home and log in, no?
Old Oct 13, 2004, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MIKESILV
Are you a AC member? If so there is no reason you cannot go into the club at E since its outside security.

mike
Thanks. Somehow I thought that those were only for outbound passengers also.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 12:32 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Just sit outside the E AC and poach their T-Mobile signal.

If you're not a T-Mobile customer, they sell day passes.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 12:34 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
The wireless may be arriving...

But it will likely be at least 45 minutes late, along with many FTers bags .

Cheers.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 12:47 pm

Programs: dont matter anymore...
There's 2 wireless providors all over the terminals. One is AT&T i forgot the name of the other one.. Day pass is $6-$7
Old Oct 13, 2004, 1:11 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP/2M Lifetime now Blackballed UA Premier Executive PWP Bronze
No Hurricane

Its too bad that you arent going to FLL. I noticed Saturday that there is free Wi-Fi available in Terminal 3, home to AA. Unfortunately there is no hurricane this week either, so the chances of getting diverted to FLL from MIA arent very good.

I add free internet to the list of reasons Im switching my business to FLL from MIA whenever possible. Although I have T-Mobile and can use the internet most places, Ft. Lauderdales free wireless internet is another example how they actually care about the passengers.

My disdain for MIA grows by the minute.

Sam

--------------------
Please join us in Dallas at Chuys Thursday 10/28 6:30pm for an FT Happy Hour.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sam - DFW
Its too bad that you arent going to FLL. I noticed Saturday that there is free Wi-Fi available in Terminal 3, home to AA. Unfortunately there is no hurricane this week either, so the chances of getting diverted to FLL from MIA arent very good.

I add free internet to the list of reasons Im switching my business to FLL from MIA whenever possible. Although I have T-Mobile and can use the internet most places, Ft. Lauderdales free wireless internet is another example how they actually care about the passengers.

My disdain for MIA grows by the minute.
Yes, the free wireless is nice. I noticed it my last two departures. I wonder if it is a fluke. There isn't anything that shows who provides it. In this capitalist age, you expect someone to brand and give you a click-through, even if only the airport itself.

I do try to fly out FLL as much as possible, but MIA was direct. I've also had a little less shoe carnival there recently relative to FLL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.