Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Site59 Availability?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Site59 Availability?

I've been thinking of making a Site59 MR to London this weekend (since the bf's out of town anyway) to help requalify for Platinum next year. For some reason, it's a busy, busy weekend to/from both STL and London -- meaning there is very little availability compared to the past couple of weekends I have been monitoring.

I believe I've read that Site59's fares on AA are in N class. Is that correct? I'm seeing a couple of DFW connections showing N availability, but Site59 is not displaying those flights as options.

Additionally, how often is Site59's availability updated? Is it real-time or is it batched once or twice a day? I'm wondering how often to check back in hopes of additional flights opening up.

Thanks,
Greg
Old Oct 11, 2004, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP - Lifetime Plat
Hi Greg,

Site59.com prices and availability are updated constantly. I've seen flight availability change within minutes. Often times you will suddenly find hotels sold out that were just available a minute prior. Check back often.

Here's a quote from their website:

Site59 Sells Only Last Minute. Focusing on the 59th minute allows us to develop our partnerships and technology to serve the last-minute customer better than anyone else. Our premier packaging technology constantly searches for unsold airline seats, hotel rooms, rental cars and other travel extras and bundles them together into dynamic, real-time packagesmaking them available to you at one low price, taxes and fees included.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 3:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
You may want to try again. I just searched from STL-LHR for a Thu-Sun, Fri-Sun, and Thu-Mon packages for this weekend, all of which were returning availability on AA. As mentioned on their website, the availability is checked in real-time, the availability of American flights may fluctuate as availability does.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by RChavez
You may want to try again. I just searched from STL-LHR for a Thu-Sun, Fri-Sun, and Thu-Mon packages for this weekend, all of which were returning availability on AA.
I know there is availability, but I'm trying to find a set of flights that doesn't require an extra payment over the $633 base. The only ones they had been showing for a while involved an 8am departure and a 5+ hour layover in Chicago, Dallas or Raleigh.

Greg
Old Oct 11, 2004, 5:16 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Since you mention the $633 base, I'm assuming you're trying for a Fri-Sun package. Unfortunately, the majority of flights on Fri & Sun have very limited availability. On Friday, there is a 12:30PM connection via DFW that has a very brief connection time of about 40 mins. That one is AA835/AA80. There is also the 7A via ORD which arrives the same evening at 10:30P, with about an hour on the ground in ORD (AA1786/AA90). On this one, though, you'll see a slight increase due to the fact that you'll be needing an extra hotel night due to the same day arrival.

The return on Sunday has a 4:30P via ORD with about 2 hours on the ground. Those flights are AA91/AA1161. You didn't mention if you were traveling alone or not, so I assumed 2 people when I searched. If you're traveling solo, of course these options are still valid, though the price will be higher.

The afternoon flights STL-ORD on Friday are all zero'd out in G class or lower, so that is why you're not seeing any later departures on the site.

EDITED:
Oh, also, just checked again, and noticed there are only 2 seats left on the flights via DFW, but wide open on the day flight. If you want the overnight flight, I'd recommend acting quickly. Once you get this close to departure, it is very likely that those seats could disappear very quickly and not come back.

Last edited by RChavez; Oct 11, 2004 at 5:20 pm
Old Oct 11, 2004, 11:58 pm

You're going to London with the Cards in the NLCS????

Greg, Greg, Greg......
Old Oct 12, 2004, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RChavez
Oh, also, just checked again, and noticed there are only 2 seats left on the flights via DFW, but wide open on the day flight. If you want the overnight flight, I'd recommend acting quickly. Once you get this close to departure, it is very likely that those seats could disappear very quickly and not come back.
I didn't book yet... I'm hoping that as the PLT upgrade window opens tonight that there will be more availability in coach on the STL-DFW and/or STL-ORD flights on Friday. I've noticed that happen in the past when hoping for a bump opportunity on those routes. We'll see what happens...

Greg
Old Oct 12, 2004, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tfjim
You're going to London with the Cards in the NLCS????

Greg, Greg, Greg......
It's not like I have tickets... although, I would miss the chance to buy World Series tickets if I'm out of town on Saturday. Hmmm...

Greg
Old Oct 13, 2004, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by GregL
It's not like I have tickets... although, I would miss the chance to buy World Series tickets if I'm out of town on Saturday. Hmmm...

Greg
Actually, you're in luck. They are selling the tickets on the internet via lottery. You only have to sign up by tomorrow morning and then they will tell you if you get the chance to buy World Series tickets. Good luck! (if you win and don't want them will you give them to me??)

see: www.stlcardinals.com
Old Oct 13, 2004, 5:19 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tfjim
A (if you win and don't want them will you give them to me??)
Give?

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.