Search

777 F Class seating and meals

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2004, 9:02 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold MPO
777 F Class seating and meals

Just want to know if I am travelling with someone, which seats are good in the F Class cabin (Atlantic Version) of the 777?

I heard to avoid ROW 1 in the middle pair (as they usually reserve for upgrades due to the noise in the galley(abscence of the curtain).

I am thinking 1A and 2A> but just want to know HOW angle in are the middle 2 pairs of seats?

Or should I reserve 1A and 2D?? It seems that the middle blocks are out of alignment by one row (row 1 sticks into the galley more?)

For catering, how strict do they follow the FEBO rules on 777 flights?

Given the increase capacity in this cabin, do they generally load a few more dish to satisfy people's choice.

My partner does not eat beef or lamb (only white meat and seafood) Is there a special meal we can put in to request that?

For CX/BA/QF I never have to worry as they always have good alternatives to the Red Meat choice but for AA I remember last time from ORD-BOS, they only have steak and it was RED in the middle !!! (not cooked through well)
Old Oct 10, 2004, 9:12 pm

Seatguru.com

Seatguru.com has interesting comments on the various seats in AA's fleet.
Old Oct 10, 2004, 9:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MiamiPrep
Seatguru.com has interesting comments on the various seats in AA's fleet.

Unfortunately it did NOT mention anything about the angle of the middle seat and which ones are better for 2 people
Old Oct 10, 2004, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
Its always going to be a matter of opinion but I personally think the 2A-3A (or 2J-3J; 3J-4J etc) arrangements are cool because one party can join the other, share a large tray table and eat face to face. A little tidbit seat guru doesnt provide.

Since you didnt say with whom you were sharing this trip (could be a biz podnuh) to then the 2,3,4 D-G arrangements work best. Avoid first row of the D-G arrangements.
Old Oct 10, 2004, 10:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bbkenney
Its always going to be a matter of opinion but I personally think the 2A-3A (or 2J-3J; 3J-4J etc) arrangements are cool because one party can join the other, share a large tray table and eat face to face. A little tidbit seat guru doesnt provide.

Since you didnt say with whom you were sharing this trip (could be a biz podnuh) to then the 2,3,4 D-G arrangements work best. Avoid first row of the D-G arrangements.

The travelling companion is actually my grandmother. Therefore Itmimacy definitely is not an issue here. Also she does not speak english.

But I am think 2A and 3A might be good so at least we can look out the window and as you said we can eat at the same table.

As she has that dietary requirements, do you think I can ask the crew to give her the first choice in selecting the food?
"My partner does not eat beef or lamb (only white meat and seafood) Is there a special meal we can put in to request that?"

I just want to know for the D/G arrangements are they angled in a lot? (liek to VS suites, or is it still bearable that you can still have a decent conversation with your companion without having a neck strain?

What IFE do they normally have on the 777? DVD players or tapes?
Old Oct 11, 2004, 12:27 am

Location: CGN (Cologne, Germany), travel agent, hardcore Sabre user
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, LH, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, AX Centurion
Originally Posted by newcx12345
is it still bearable that you can still have a decent conversation with your companion without having a neck strain?
I would definitely go for the middle seats. They can be swiveled into three different positions - facing forward for take-off and landing, slightly sideways for complete reclination into a bed (your seat companion is completely out of sight then) or by 90 degrees so you can look into each other's eyes while eating.

What IFE do they normally have on the 777? DVD players or tapes?
Tapes.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 2:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jreichel
I would definitely go for the middle seats. They can be swiveled into three different positions - facing forward for take-off and landing, slightly sideways for complete reclination into a bed (your seat companion is completely out of sight then) or by 90 degrees so you can look into each other's eyes while eating.

Tapes.

So the actual seat can swiveled into the different positions? (I thought only the Ottoman - Guest seat?)

I think the middle pair might be better than.

I mean it is a 6:30pm departure, not that there is a lot to see out of the window after take off!
Old Oct 11, 2004, 3:59 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The entire seat swivels (this is so that you can use a small desk when in the 90 degree position). For traveling with a companion the AA FS product is by far the best seating of any airline (better than SQ/CX/LH/BA). Unless you are flying in/out of MIA or LAX, expect substitution with the Pacific config (in which case you would get coffin seating). About 75% of my flights scheduled for FS out of ORD have been substituted with Pacific config in the past year.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 4:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, LH, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, AX Centurion
So the actual seat can swiveled into the different positions? (I thought only the Ottoman - Guest seat?)
Just answered by number_6. Let me know by private email if you would like to see some pictures of me and my wife enjoying dinner in the Flagship Suite.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 6:54 am

Question

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the Ottoman - Guest seat?
Old Oct 11, 2004, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by JonP
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the Ottoman - Guest seat?
Exactly. It serves two purposes:

When the seat is swiveled into the slightly angled position it can be reclined to 180 degrees. Then your feet rest on the ottoman. But don't expect something as poorly designed as the stool in BA's J cabin which makes your feet feel like falling down. The seat and the ottoman morph into a real bed.

When the seat is swiveled by 90 degrees you look right into the face of your neighbour (provided that seat is turned, too). In front of both ottomans a tray table can be unfolded so that three or even four people can have a dinner feast or a business conversation with sort of one huge table in the middle. I was really impressed.

I wonder, however, who is supposed to occupy the ottoman if no-one in your party seated in J or Y is allowed to use it.

Last edited by jreichel; Oct 11, 2004 at 7:16 am Reason: spelling mistake
Old Oct 11, 2004, 10:18 am

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
Here's a decent shot of the middle seats: http://www.pbase.com/rcullen/image/33305788

I flew with my wife, and we really liked the set-up of the middle seats. We swiveled toward each other to eat. The part that my arm is resting on in the picture folds out to make a working area, and it's also perfect for eating. It worked out quite nicely.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder, however, who is supposed to occupy the ottoman if no-one in your party seated in J or Y is allowed to use it.
Why, your traveling companions in F, of course.

Although I'll be ****** if I'm going to sit on my traveling companion's footrest if I have my own suite in which to sit.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 12:49 am

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Why, your traveling companions in F, of course.

Although I'll be ****** if I'm going to sit on my traveling companion's footrest if I have my own suite in which to sit.
^ ^ I never quite got that either.....
Old Oct 12, 2004, 6:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Exactly. It serves two purposes:

When the seat is swiveled into the slightly angled position it can be reclined to 180 degrees. Then your feet rest on the ottoman. But don't expect something as poorly designed as the stool in BA's J cabin which makes your feet feel like falling down. The seat and the ottoman morph into a real bed.

When the seat is swiveled by 90 degrees you look right into the face of your neighbour (provided that seat is turned, too). In front of both ottomans a tray table can be unfolded so that three or even four people can have a dinner feast or a business conversation with sort of one huge table in the middle. I was really impressed.

Thanks jreichel. I got the photos. Both yourself and your wife seemed to have an excellent time on that trip!! That Ice Cream looked really good!

I have reserved 3D/F (the centre seats) already. (despite my flight is only 4 Hrs I am sure I will enjoy it)

Just out of curiosity, does the window seats also swiveled? or Are they fixed?

Also on the 777 how does the FA serve the food? (left or right hand side first?) FEBO?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.