Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Appeal to AA (and attempts) to bring back the SOS / SomeOne Special program [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Appeal to AA (and attempts) to bring back the SOS / SomeOne Special program [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2005, 2:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
AA does seem to pay attention to kudos sent...

Second attempt at this - extensive post fails to post!

Anything that makes it easier for people to 1) give deserved positive feedback, and 2) follow up with communication to AA, is good - the tear-off idea seems worthwhile - DIY if it makes it easier, for sure!

I do use my homebrew SOS substitutes, and it appears airline employees enjoy them (and I am always specific, so they know exactly why they received one.) But I always follow through later by sending e-mail kudos to AA as well. It seems like we have so much motivation when we are upset with something that goes wrong - but I think it's at least as important to communicate when things go right.

AA seems to notice, too. I always ask the e-mail be forwarded to supervisors and to the individual, and click the box requesting a reply - because as some others here, I've been uncertain in the past anything actually happens with the "good grams."

Following is an example of the replies from AA, this one in reply to a (belated) e-mail that was brief, but was very specific about the attributes, behaviors or actions that deserved the recognition, regarding an FA we had serve us in our cabin on a NRT-LAX flight a couple of months ago (and includes the link to how I send the e-mail

"Dear Mr. JDiver:

Your email was a special treat! Probably the most pleasant part of my
responsibilities at American is to receive compliments from our customers about the service provided by our employees. I have passed along your kind words about Marsha and appreciate the opportunity to recognize such fine performance.

On behalf of Marsha and all of us at American, thank you very much. We appreciate your confidence, your compliments and your business.

This is an "outgoing only" email address. If you 'reply' to this message by simply selecting the reply button, we will not receive your additional comments. Please assist us in providing you with a timely response to any feedback you have for us by always sending us your email messages via AA.com at http://www.aa.com/customerrelations.

Sincerely,

Jxxxxx Exxxxxxx
Customer Relations
American Airlines"

Names may have been changed to protect the innocent and the guitly.

I also pick up a large package of Belgian chockies periodically that are wel-made and good-tasting, and have unique designs including a DC-3 (my first AA metal was the DC-3, MEX-MTY-SAT,) and FAs in the somewhat campy uniforms of the 1950's, depicintg an apocryphal "Starbrook Airlines". I dispense these to some employees as well, and they seem to enjoy the chocolates and the context. (I eat one every once in a while myself... )

[EDITORIAL] (Yeah, the fifties... when "Stewardesses" were all comely young women, and were terminated if they gained 5 lbs over the "maximum", became pregnant, got married or reached 35 years of age without doing either - regardless of their work quality and quantity. And before they were made into sex objects wearing hot pants on PSA or asking you to "Fly me, I'm Karen" on National, for example, giving folks the idea FAs were there for gratification alone. The occasional male was automatically a purser. Good old days? Not really! Suppose this explains why they ultimately unionized? For good or bad, depending on your viewpoint, but this was why.) [/EDITORIAL]

Originally Posted by sluggoaafa
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ great idea. Give the employee immediate feedback, then write the company to let them know the great service you received. ^ ^ ^ ^
Old Mar 6, 2005, 6:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
Smile DOWNLOAD: The American Airlines FlyerTalk SOS

Sorry for the delay!! Please find below the American Airlines FlyerTalk SOS, which incorporates suggestions from this thread back in January. You can save this on your computer and even enter in your Name/AAdvantage number in Acrobat.

I know people have been down on AA lately and might not want to give these out, but you know I come across many outstanding and wonderful AA employees every time I travel. And if AA doesn't want to recognize them I sure do! So let your favorite AA person know you appreciate them whenever you travel!

The American Airlines FlyerTalk SOS
(Adobe Acrobat, 0.6 MB-- be patient!)

If you do give these out, please share with us what happens!!
Old Mar 6, 2005, 6:18 pm

Location: Scarsdale, NY USA; LT PLT AA; AA 3 mm (4 mm will never happen); Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA is clueless why I fly
Originally Posted by CharlesMD

I know people have been down on AA lately and might not want to give these out, but you know I come across many outstanding and wonderful AA employees every time I travel. And if AA doesn't want to recognize them I sure do! So let your favorite AA person know you appreciate them whenever you travel!
I am not familiar with these. Do we fill it out and give it to the FA or Gate agent? If so, what do THEY do with it, besides say thank you???
Old Mar 6, 2005, 6:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
Elites used to get coupons like this to give out to AA employees. When the person got a certain number of SOS certificates they could redeem them for free travel. Giving them out used to be one of my favorite things about flying AA. They ended the SOS program as part of cost-cutting, though. So a number of us starting with JDiver thought to make our own SOS. Although not directly redeemable the AA employee can give them to their supervisor to put in their file. This is more immediate as opposed to the web praise form which can take months to get to the employee, if ever.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 6:41 pm

Programs: dont matter anymore...
I made this last year from this old thread...
Old Mar 6, 2005, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP

I have gripes with AA but many employees sure make a difference! Will use these
Old Mar 7, 2005, 4:06 am

Location: Scarsdale, NY USA; LT PLT AA; AA 3 mm (4 mm will never happen); Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA is clueless why I fly
Elites used to get coupons like this to give out to AA employees. When the person got a certain number of SOS certificates they could redeem them for free travel. Giving them out used to be one of my favorite things about flying AA. They ended the SOS program as part of cost-cutting, though. So a number of us starting with JDiver thought to make our own SOS. Although not directly redeemable the AA employee can give them to their supervisor to put in their file. This is more immediate as opposed to the web praise form which can take months to get to the employee, if ever.
Thanks for explaining. I have printed it out and packed them in my laptop bag. Other than an immediate smile from the AA employee, I doubt that it will have any other impact. But I'm willing to try!
Old Mar 7, 2005, 7:14 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, SPG GLD
A Great addition to the $15 Starbucks gift cards I carry with me for those "special" AA employees I encounter along the way!
Thanks! :-: ^
Old Mar 7, 2005, 7:25 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by crAAzy
A Great addition to the $15 Starbucks gift cards I carry with me for those "special" AA employees I encounter along the way!
Thanks! :-: ^
If you give Starbucks cards to the ones you like, how do you punish the ones you don't like? I think it's a wonderful gesture, but Starbucks cards?

Cheers.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 8:03 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, SPG GLD
Originally Posted by brp
If you give Starbucks cards to the ones you like, how do you punish the ones you don't like? I think it's a wonderful gesture, but Starbucks cards?

Cheers.
I hit my call light
Old Mar 7, 2005, 8:23 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2MM, NYC-MetroCard,
Please join our community of American Airlinesfrequent flyer enthusiasts. Visit www.flyertalk.com/forum then click “Airline Programs” then “American AAdvantage.”
Charles, I love what you have done and I will defently use your SOS coupons in the future. The only thing I would change is the last sentence as quoted above (especially the Please join??). It sounds to me a bit like a marketing pitch. You know all the stuff I get from companies saying Thank you for buying from us and therefore we'll offer you that special deal.

How about that one:

This special thank you note for outstanding service is given to you by the community of American Airlines frequent flyers which you can visit at www.flyertalk.com/forum/aadvantage”.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 8:26 am

I have always supported programs where customers reward employees, and I too have printed up a number of these and will carry them in my luggage. Great work CharlesMD.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 8:44 am
Permanently Banned

I just give SBUX cards instead and follow up with a nice note to AA corporate. I figure, what's the point of a nice little note about doing a good job if you're not going to let someone higher up know?
Old Apr 1, 2005, 6:05 am

Using the new FT SOS

Yesterday on a DFW-ELP flight, I handed the FA an SOS for being nice. All I said was, "Here's a note for you" as I deplaned. She smiled and thanked me. Do people usually give FA notes? Was she expecting my phone number to be on the paper?

Just curious if anyone else has started using the new FT SOS forms....and the reactions you are getting from the FAs.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 7:39 pm
rhl

Programs: 2m miler, PLT for life
What are the FT SOS.. Checked the FAQ and didn't see anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.