Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Appeal to AA (and attempts) to bring back the SOS / SomeOne Special program [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Appeal to AA (and attempts) to bring back the SOS / SomeOne Special program [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2005, 11:06 pm

I was in DFW the other day and the ticket agent was helping me. The Sup walked by and heard me telling the agent that I wish I still had the SOS to give to him for his great work and going above and beyond. The Sup said that I should just send a comment in on AA.com, but 1) I am not always sure if those are passed along as they should and 2) I wanted to make sure the agent in question knew that I appreciated him. I will certainly take up your idea. Maybe if enough of these surface, management will take notice.

Peace and Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2005, 11:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime GLD, SPG Gold, UCLA Alum ('96)
Two points:

So basically people want to recognize good service, but they want AA to pay for it.
Well, one of the other advantages of the SOS program was that it was something tangible that the employee could show his or her boss, to prove that "yes, in fact, I am doing a good job." I'm sure an FA would rather have a raise or more seniority instead of a piece of candy. Not that there's anything wrong with candy, mind you...

Second:
to whoever is making the new SOS replacements, maybe you could add this line (and everyone should do it!):

"A compliment will be made about you on AA.com - but I wanted you to know right away how much I appreciated your excellent service!"

If you REALLY want to be slick, add a little tear-off part for yourself, where you write down the employee's name, airport location or flight number, and date/time. When you hand out the SOS, write down that pertinent info, tear off the slip, and pocket it. That way, you have all the relevant information when you do make that compliment on AA.com.

- Sameer
Old Jan 28, 2005, 12:55 am

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ great idea. Give the employee immediate feedback, then write the company to let them know the great service you received. ^ ^ ^ ^
Old Jan 28, 2005, 1:06 am

Programs: UA life 1K, 2MM; AA Life Pt 3mm; DL nada now!; AS nada now; BA, FD, CX, LH, DD, Amex Pt, Diners
The meanest thing AA ever did

I really must write again and ask them to bring this back. The staff loved them - they get so many people who complain and it was so nice for me to see the smiles. To paraphrase Ms Helmsley - never thank the little people who really make AA work so well. When did the SOSs go - was it the same month that big boss (now what was his name - the greedy one - you know who I mean) gave himself a huge bonus before he had to quit in shame. Seems like someone should send one of those management 101 books to top management at AA. They only sell them in airport book shops so you would have thought they'd read one by now.....
Old Jan 30, 2005, 2:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
Post AA FlyerTalk SOS .pdf draft-- your comments, please?

I made this SOS form over the weekend and saved it as a .pdf file. Do people have any comments on it? Once we reach a final version I will make 4 copies per page and then have it on my website so that you can print it anywhere, anytime. Hope you are having a great weekend!

Take care,
Charles
Old Jan 30, 2005, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Nicely done, Charles!
Old Jan 30, 2005, 2:15 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
The only thing I might change is to have a Word version as well. Since many can't edit the pdf online, and it might be nice to fill it out on the computer (if you every get a chance to see my handwriting, you'd understand ).

Other than that, I think it's fabulous.

Cheers.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Very nice. ^

My one comment -- it would be nice to have a pre-set line for passenger name and AAdvantage number (plus, perhaps for employee ID, but I'm not sure if that's necessary) to lend some credence to the slip should an employee care to share it with his/her supervisors.

Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I agree with the passenger name / AA number. Also maybe a line for the AA employee name.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 3:05 pm
tt7

Originally Posted by tismfu
Very nice. ^

My one comment -- it would be nice to have a pre-set line for passenger name and AAdvantage number (plus, perhaps for employee ID, but I'm not sure if that's necessary) to lend some credence to the slip should an employee care to share it with his/her supervisors.
Yes, looks great ..... but would really benefit from lines for member name, AA # and employee name/ID.

Also, I would try to add some words (in small print) that encourages them to send it to their supervisor, rather than having to submit a comment on the web (which may or may not happen and requires that you know their name).

Do you have approval to use the flyertalk logo?
Old Jan 30, 2005, 3:07 pm

Sharing SOS with Supervisor

Do you want to suggest on the form that the completed SOS be shared with the employee's supervisor?

As it currently stands, the form merely states that a message will be sent on aa.com. Thus, an employee might feel it is a bit boastful to share the "SOS" with a supervisor, unless the form explicitly encourages such sharing.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 3:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Nice work, and I agree with the suggested enhancements.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by observer
Do you want to suggest on the form that the completed SOS be shared with the employee's supervisor?

As it currently stands, the form merely states that a message will be sent on aa.com. Thus, an employee might feel it is a bit boastful to share the "SOS" with a supervisor, unless the form explicitly encourages such sharing.
Originally Posted by tt7
...I would try to add some words (in small print) that encourages them to send it to their supervisor, rather than having to submit a comment on the web (which may or may not happen and requires that you know their name).
Great idea.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 3:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
Smile

OK, thanks for the comments. So people want:

- A line added for the person's name, FF number and AAdvantage status?
- What purpose would having the AAdvantage number serve?
- What about a line for the flight/date?
- Do you want there to be a tear-off stub for people to keep with the employee's name so you can remember to submit on the web?
- I was also thinking about having another version that would be two sided and folds over. The front would have the FT logo and "Thank you" and the inside would have the existing form. But it may be a pain for people to print double sided, esp. people w/ inkjets.
- I doubt Randy would mind us using the logo as it promotes FT
- I like the idea about giving it to your supervisor as it is a hassle to always be submitting comments on AA.com, not to mention having to remember everyone's name, etc... What do other people think? How should the wording be: "We encourage you to give this to your supervisor so they can know how wonderful you are?" (????).
- Would you actually give these out?
- This was made in Adobe Illustrator- Supposedly there is a way to make a .pdf file that can be filled out-- do you want me to make this (I would have to check the manual).
- How many of you will be printing this in color?

Thanks!

Take care,
Charles
Old Jan 30, 2005, 3:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by CharlesMD
OK, thanks for the comments. So people want:

- A line added for the person's name, FF number and AAdvantage status?
- What purpose would having the AAdvantage number serve?
Used to be required on the originals. Probably not necessary, but does establish giver is an AA frequent flyer. Enhances credibility.
- What about a line for the flight/date?
Not a bad idea.
- Do you want there to be a tear-off stub for people to keep with the employee's name so you can remember to submit on the web?
- I was also thinking about having another version that would be two sided and folds over. The front would have the FT logo and "Thank you" and the inside would have the existing form. But it may be a pain for people to print double sided, esp. people w/ inkjets.
Let's keep it simple. Your present design does that.
- Would you actually give these out?
- This was made in Adobe Illustrator- Supposedly there is a way to make a .pdf file that can be filled out-- do you want me to make this (I would have to check the manual).
- How many of you will be printing this in color?
Yes, yes if you can and yes I will. Good work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.