Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Airbus A321 Transcon / A321T / "32B" 3 class (consolidated 2012-2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Airbus A321 Transcon / A321T / "32B" 3 class (consolidated 2012-2014)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by jerroranda
Free Peanuts In Coach!!!
Nope!
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA Advantage
Looks like a nice product to replace the 762's. Hopefully they'll add one more frequency at least to SFO or something but at least it does remove the high-CASM 762's from service.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by goingbananas
"Significant" Cargo from OW partners and the normal coast to coast activity they have or will have.
Well, I understand that flying fewer humans could open up capacity for a heavier cargo load...but if the optimal mix of pax/cargo was more on the cargo end of things, why aren't all airlines running their aircraft this way? In the process, they could market all sorts of "premium" services?

I just assumed that self-loading cargo (us) was more profitable than inanimate cargo...hence cramped seats and other lovely aspects of flying Coach in modern times.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by brp
Hmmm...looks like I was right after all.

Cheers.
Not really, this is actually interesting news.

CHEERS.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

They'll undoubtedly find their way onto MIALAX, too, just not on every frequency like from JFK.
Big mistake IMO. UA went from having very good trans cons just like AA and gave that up for those ridiculous 757's that make no sense. They are routinely over booked in Y causing OP UP's and Denied boarding every day. Now it looks like AA is going to follow right in UA's footsteps (with newer planes and better seats) but still on planes that are just to small for this route. 72 seats in Y just does not cut it. (very smart though for AA to keep a seperate F & J. I guess they will take a hell of a lot of the lucrative entertainment business $$$. These people have iron clad contracts saying they fly F only. Stupid stupid move for UA to get rid of F here. Especially with some of the contracts they have (Disney, etc)
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:14 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I question here about E+ and particularly the A321Trans Cons. With only 36 regular Y seats if a Y pax (non PLT or EXP) purchases a flight but the 36 Y seats are already filled I would assume the pax gets "Unassigned" for a seat assignment. Now upon checking in at the airport if Y is still full but Y+ has seats would that pax then get a Y+ seat for the cost of a regular Y seat.

Could it make sense then to not choose a seat if purchasing just Y and take a roll of the dice.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
I guess no one watched the video, because the secret big news is embedded within. The first class seats had plates with two cookies, which is a 100% increase from the current single cookie.

More seriously I am more convinced than ever that a new livery is on the way. All previous computer generated video showed the old paint scheme and i think the bare metal on this was there for a reason. Also, in the press release, they styled themselves as "The New American" for the first time. That's from the same page of the playbook as new paint when exiting Chapter 11.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by MAH4546
A321 to have 10F, 20J, 72Y configuration.

All Airbus narrow bodies and new delivery 738s (no word on retrofits) to get 8.9 inch PTVs in coach.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/americ...132800106.html

Where do you get the 72Y number from? The currently available press release only mentions 36 main cabin extra seats, as far as I can tell.

In the Main Cabin the seats will be designed by Recaro and arranged in a 3-3 configuration. The option to enjoy more legroom is available with 36 Main Cabin Extra seats and the aircraft also offers 36 Main Cabin seats. More details about the Business Class and Main Cabin seats will be provided at a later date.
OK. got it. Little bit dense today. Read more carefully. :-)
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: Basement Lurker Club
Anyone notice the song lyrics in the video--- "I'm alive" repeated multiple times. Wonder if thats a message to someone. ^
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I question here about E+ and particularly the A321Trans Cons. With only 36 regular Y seats if a Y pax (non PLT or EXP) purchases a flight but the 36 Y seats are already filled I would assume the pax gets "Unassigned" for a seat assignment. Now upon checking in at the airport if Y is still full but Y+ has seats would that pax then get a Y+ seat for the cost of a regular Y seat.

Could it make sense then to not choose a seat if purchasing just Y and take a roll of the dice.
I know on UA's system, it forces you to take a seat if you don't pick one if there are E- seats available. Plus, I think most people on a 6 hour transcon wouldn't want to take such gambles especially if non-middle aisle/windows in the regular Y section were available.

Furthermore, most people simply don't know these games. They will be presented an option for more leg room and decide to purchase, or not. Period.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by biggreen
Where do you get the 72Y number from? The currently available press release only mentions 36 main cabin extra seats, as far as I can tell.
Internal communications confirm that.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sts603
Remember that there are only 72 Y upgrading into 20 J vs. 128 upgrading into 30 J.
The odds have actually improved. Because 128 upgrading into 30 is about 43:10, while 72 upgrading into 20 is 36:10.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET

Yes, if you're willing to take the chance. I have noticed on B6 that when I buy the Y+ seat, I end up sitting next to people who showed up at the airport at the last minute without a seat assignment and ended up there for free.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
Originally Posted by sts603
Internal communications confirm that.
Any word on seating counts on the A319's and non-transcon A321's?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:32 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist

The problem is you're likely rolling between a Y- middle seat vs a Y+ seat.

No deal for most savvy pax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.