Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where Did the Movies Go on the 319s?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Lifetime Plat (now Marriott Lifetime Titanium), Avis President's Club
Where Did the Movies Go on the 319s?

I've flown the same flight for a few years. The flight numbers change and the equipment occasionally changes, but it's always the same flight. Ever since they switched this flight (from which I currently type this post) to a 319 at some point last year, we have had movies on it in F, and a really great selection.

Anyway, four weeks ago, all of a sudden, there were no movies on the flight. The movies option wasn't available after selecting 'Entertainment,' and if you selected some other video option, you could see the movie director's snappy-board thing (whatever you call that), but it is greyed-out. The following week, they switched the planes out to the two-class 321s and the situation is the same: no movies. Last week, I asked the FAs about it and they were perplexed. They remembered comping EXPs' movies when they were in steerage but couldn't explain why we had no movies on the flight. This week it's the same situation again with no movies and nobody knows a thing.

I've searched the forums but haven't found anything. Does anyone know what happened?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by seanc724
I've flown the same flight for a few years. The flight numbers change and the equipment occasionally changes, but it's always the same flight. Ever since they switched this flight (from which I currently type this post) to a 319 at some point last year, we have had movies on it in F, and a really great selection.

Anyway, four weeks ago, all of a sudden, there were no movies on the flight. The movies option wasn't available after selecting 'Entertainment,' and if you selected some other video option, you could see the movie director's snappy-board thing (whatever you call that), but it is greyed-out. The following week, they switched the planes out to the two-class 321s and the situation is the same: no movies. Last week, I asked the FAs about it and they were perplexed. They remembered comping EXPs' movies when they were in steerage but couldn't explain why we had no movies on the flight. This week it's the same situation again with no movies and nobody knows a thing.

I've searched the forums but haven't found anything. Does anyone know what happened?

You should Tweet that to AA. That's odd.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:53 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I had two flights on AVOD equipped 738s this week and it was the same issue....no movies only TV show options and music. What the heck?! I was in First too.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:03 am

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I had two flights on AVOD equipped 738s this week and it was the same issue....no movies only TV show options and music. What the heck?! I was in First too.
Must be a system-wide issue? My last two flights on the 319's were sans movies in first as well, but they were flights under two hours.

Maybe there is a new minimum flight length for movies or something in effect that we don't know about?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Maybe someone is rewinding the beta tapes.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:44 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
My flights were rather short too NYC to Chicago and back but they used to always have them. Plus with the takeoff wait times at LGA and ORD one can definitely for a full movie in if started after the safety demo......this is really annoying and worth writing in about....another cost cutting enhancement from Discount Dougie? I wouldn't think it would cost more to have the movies available on shorter flights of they have already paid for the rights to play them onboard in general???
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA
Originally Posted by seanc724

Same here - I was on the A321 in F DFW-PHX and DEN-DFW earlier this week, same thing, no movies
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by arollins
Maybe someone is rewinding the beta tapes.
Be kind, please rewind.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by JayDFW
Same here - I was on the A321 in F DFW-PHX and DEN-DFW earlier this week, same thing, no movies
Was on an A321 to PHX and ATL and nothing either... Im guessing that they have for some dumb reason put a mileage requirement on them. On a DFWLAX flight, I did have it during that same time.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Lifetime Plat (now Marriott Lifetime Titanium), Avis President's Club
I was on a short flight, too, DFW to ATL: 1016
Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Yes, have notice the same thing on all my 319 flights. I watched half of a movie one week on the DFW-MCI flight, and then the next week (when i planned to finish the movie) the movies were suddenly gone!

Very annoying, especially after AA spent a lot of time touting the AVOD (and movies is a big part of that).
Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:38 am
Original Poster

I just logged on to the twitterings for the third time in my life and sent something to AA. Let's see if there is a response
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:05 am
Suspended

I just sent in a complaint about this and asked for clarification. I asked if this was on purpose that they kindly reconsider adding movies back on short flights as taking them away defeats the purpose of these new AVOD planes. Plus I have seen they have taken some of the best (more racy) TV shows off like Girls. All the TV shows are kind lame except for The Comeback.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:40 am
Suspended

Annnnnd, here's the "response" I got. This is so pathetic and infuriating as it doesn't address the questions I asked nor provide clarity on what's going on with movies now on shorter flights. How do I actually get a real person to address my questions?

Dear Mr. AANYC1981:

Thank you for contacting Customer Relations regarding your recent flight with us from Chicago to LaGuardia on March 19, 2015. We know that in-flight entertainment is a welcome diversion when traveling, and we are working hard on our fleet renewal and enhancement plans to create an industry leading inflight entertainment product.

We are sorry that flight 350 on March 19, 2015 did not yet have the option to watch movies inflight. For your future travel needs, information on our previous, current and future audio and video onboard programming is available at http://entertainment.aa.com.

AANYC1981, we appreciate your business and membership in the AAdvantageŽ program. We are glad you took the time to write us and let us know your concerns with our inflight entertainment program. Your comments help us improve our service and we hope the next time you fly with us will be enjoyable.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Annnnnd, here's the "response" I got. This is so pathetic and infuriating as it doesn't address the questions I asked nor provide clarity on what's going on with movies now on shorter flights. How do I actually get a real person to address my questions?

Dear Mr. AANYC1981:

Thank you for contacting Customer Relations regarding your recent flight with us from Chicago to LaGuardia on March 19, 2015. We know that in-flight entertainment is a welcome diversion when traveling, and we are working hard on our fleet renewal and enhancement plans to create an industry leading inflight entertainment product.

We are sorry that flight 350 on March 19, 2015 did not yet have the option to watch movies inflight. For your future travel needs, information on our previous, current and future audio and video onboard programming is available at http://entertainment.aa.com.

AANYC1981, we appreciate your business and membership in the AAdvantageŽ program. We are glad you took the time to write us and let us know your concerns with our inflight entertainment program. Your comments help us improve our service and we hope the next time you fly with us will be enjoyable.
Wow they would have been better just to say "piss off"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.