FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where Did the Movies Go on the 319s?
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:22 pm
AA-Flyer-SAN

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by seanc724
I've flown the same flight for a few years. The flight numbers change and the equipment occasionally changes, but it's always the same flight. Ever since they switched this flight (from which I currently type this post) to a 319 at some point last year, we have had movies on it in F, and a really great selection.

Anyway, four weeks ago, all of a sudden, there were no movies on the flight. The movies option wasn't available after selecting 'Entertainment,' and if you selected some other video option, you could see the movie director's snappy-board thing (whatever you call that), but it is greyed-out. The following week, they switched the planes out to the two-class 321s and the situation is the same: no movies. Last week, I asked the FAs about it and they were perplexed. They remembered comping EXPs' movies when they were in steerage but couldn't explain why we had no movies on the flight. This week it's the same situation again with no movies and nobody knows a thing.

I've searched the forums but haven't found anything. Does anyone know what happened?

You should Tweet that to AA. That's odd.