FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Routes (Flights) and Hubs (Speculation, News and Discussion) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1649529-archive-routes-flights-hubs-speculation-news-discussion.html)

JMN57 May 6, 2014 9:26 am

Originally Posted by rjque (Post 22813709)
No LIT-NRT. :(

Heck, I'd actually, really like to see PHL-LIT as it's a route I could use but the odds on that are probably slim to none.

Copilot23 May 6, 2014 10:21 am

Originally Posted by FWAAA (Post 22813114)
Still nothing for South Bend (SBN). In the ancient past, US served SBN from IND, DAY and PIT. Of course, none of those hubs remain, but wouldn't CLT and PHL make sense?

^
And if memory serves me correctly AA served SBN to STL. Again not a major hub today but given how many flights leave SBN daily for competitor hubs (ORD, DTW, MSP, CVG, CLE, ATL) it would make sense for AA/US to consider daily stops to DFW, MIA, and/or JFK/LGA

AntsBELOW May 6, 2014 11:41 am

And will they fly that route with a regional…..partially filled with passengers due to weight restrictions…and throw a couple of saddle bags of fuel in the cargo hold to make the journey?

Indelaware May 6, 2014 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm (Post 22813963)
HP flew PHX-CLE for years, I remember being on it back in 2004 or 2005. At the peak, I believe they did 3x day (and 2x LAS-CLE).

CLE-PHX has been flown nonstop by:

AA (prior to merger with TW)
CO (prior to merger with UA)
F9 (starting 06/13/2014)
HP (prior to merger with US)
UA (since merger with CO; ends 06/04/2014)
US (prior to merger with HP and then seasonal until being dropped; resumes 10/03/2014)

CMK10 May 6, 2014 12:35 pm

US also flew it post-HP merger. I flew it in September, 2008 which was well past the merger.

FWAAA May 6, 2014 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan (Post 22813730)
Still no Indian airports?

Two of them are Indiana airports. :D

Subcontinent of India? Keep dreamin. Lots of reasons why nonstop to India probably aren't in the cards.

Originally Posted by Copilot23 (Post 22819188)
^
And if memory serves me correctly AA served SBN to STL. Again not a major hub today but given how many flights leave SBN daily for competitor hubs (ORD, DTW, MSP, CVG, CLE, ATL) it would make sense for AA/US to consider daily stops to DFW, MIA, and/or JFK/LGA

True. Eagle used to fly ATRs and then ERJs from SBN to ORD as well, in competition with UAX. Other than UAX to ORD, it's a Delta town now. The world's largest airline, with the best hubs, should be able to take some of that business away. At 84 miles, ORD may not make sense, but CLT and PHL should be possible.

Firewind May 6, 2014 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm (Post 22813963)
Perhaps with F9 in the mix, the prices will get more reasonable than ~$650 round trip :eek:

Bet they'll be extremely reasonable if AA jumps into the pay-for-carryons market. Frontier has started sporting some truly lowball fares. :D (Actually, only temporarily funny.)

Tanaka07 May 6, 2014 2:22 pm

Hey US/AA: can we get PDX-JFK and PDX-MIA out west here? Thanks.

Fanjet May 6, 2014 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Tanaka07 (Post 22820705)
Hey US/AA: can we get PDX-JFK and PDX-MIA out west here? Thanks.

I would say PDX-MIA has a much better shot than PDX-JFK. Since the most likely times would be a morning outbound from PDX to JFK with an evening return, those times would be the same for an inbound/outbound flight from/to Europe. Moreover, that time of day is basically maxed out for new take-off/landing allowances, so the European flight would win out over PDX. In fact, I suspect we will see fewer domestic cities served out of JFK on AA as many are currently being used as place-holders until new international service replaces them.

CMK10 May 6, 2014 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Fanjet (Post 22820782)
I would say PDX-MIA has a much better shot than PDX-JFK. Since the most likely times would be a morning outbound from PDX to JFK with an evening return, those times would be the same for an inbound/outbound flight from/to Europe. Moreover, that time of day is basically maxed out for new take-off/landing allowances, so the European flight would win out over PDX. In fact, I suspect we will see fewer domestic cities served out of JFK on AA as many are currently being used as place-holders until new international service replaces them.

Indeed. Plus Delta already serves PDX-JFK 2x daily.

TrojanHorse May 6, 2014 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by mAAine_flyer (Post 22813615)
What, no BGR-CLT or BGR-ORD?? :(

lack of demand maybe

you are lucky to get PWM back in the fold with US

eponymous_coward May 6, 2014 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Fanjet (Post 22820782)

The one thing PDX has going in it's favor; can't be served out of LGA, and NYC is THE one transcon nonstop market you want to serve out of a West Coast airport, if that's your thing. It historically hasn't been for AA compared to DL/B6 for non-AFS markets (DL and B6 fly more to PDX/SEA/SAN, by quite a bit).

Also, not sure if AA wants to cut feed for their SEA-MIA flight by adding PDX-MIA, especially when you have a lot of one-stop options (PDX-SEA/SFO/LAX/PHX/DFW/ORD/CLT-MIA). Of note: US doesn't have year-round service PDX-PHL... and it's not going to be cheaper for post-merger AA to fly out of MIA than it is for US to fly out of PHL today.

george 3 May 6, 2014 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Centurion (Post 22813810)
Why?... SBA has luxury bus service if you do not want to be driven by a car. And PHX is a US Air AA hub now.

Love the drive on the Ventura Frwy north of the Ventura.

austin_res May 6, 2014 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 22820801)
Indeed. Plus Delta already serves PDX-JFK 2x daily.

JetBlue also flies PDX-JFK

DWooderson May 6, 2014 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by george 3 (Post 22822181)
Love the drive on the Ventura Frwy north of the Ventura.

^ although sometimes getting out of LA is a pain.