FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Routes (Flights) and Hubs (Speculation, News and Discussion) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1649529-archive-routes-flights-hubs-speculation-news-discussion.html)

FlightNurse May 5, 2014 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 22814149)
DFW-BIS is a 977 mile route on an ER4...sounds brutal!

US Express flys a CRJ-900 PHX-CLT, the CRJ head back for maintenance... This happens once a month I believe.

CMK10 May 5, 2014 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 22815969)
US Express flys a CRJ-900 PHX-CLT, the CRJ head back for maintenance... This happens once a month I believe.

At least that has First Class on it. You miss out on 12A or 1A on DFW-BIS it's a LONG ride.

wahooflyer May 5, 2014 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by rjque (Post 22813709)
No LIT-NRT. :(

XNA-PVG would be likely to get more high-yield business traffic... ;)

AADFW May 5, 2014 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Fanjet (Post 22813782)
Wait until after the 772 and 763 refurbs are complete. ;)

Is this sarcasm or is everyone on this thread smoking something?

Dieuwer May 5, 2014 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by UncleDude (Post 22815128)
Afraid this market is now totally in control of Gulf Carriers, with 80% of the Major Asian Indian Populated US Conurbations now or about to be served Direct to The Gulf and onward to over 20 Sub Continent Destinations, North American Carriers have no chance.

Sorry to say whilst North America was going through a Financial Crisis the Arabian Airlines were busy buying A380 Super Jumbos.

Finally their Coach Passengers dont complain about 10 abreast seating as it means cheaper fares.

Though luck on the Europeans, not so much the Americans.

CMK10 May 5, 2014 8:54 pm

BIS-DFW is 977 miles on an ER4, that's brutal!

Still, new routes is a good thing ^

oopsz May 5, 2014 9:12 pm

Afraid this market is now totally in control of Gulf Carriers, with 80% of the Major Asian Indian Populated US Conurbations now or about to be served Direct to The Gulf and onward to over 20 Sub Continent Destinations, North American Carriers have no chance.

Sorry to say whilst North America was going through a Financial Crisis the Arabian Airlines were busy buying A380 Super Jumbos.

Finally their Coach Passengers dont complain about 10 abreast seating as it means cheaper fares.

Yep, and of the european carriers still competing on India routes, BA is the heavyweight. Makes no sense for AA to fly their own metal when they can send them via London.

perseus11 May 5, 2014 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by oopsz (Post 22816577)
Yep, and of the european carriers still competing on India routes, BA is the heavyweight. Makes no sense for AA to fly their own metal when they can send them via London.

Or Qatar (Doha).

AA100SegmentsORD May 5, 2014 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 22816506)
BIS-DFW is 977 miles on an ER4, that's brutal!

Still, new routes is a good thing ^

No worse than the current DFW-RAP, ORD-FAR or MIA-IND that I've endured on ER4's so far this year!

CMK10 May 5, 2014 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by AA100SegmentsORD (Post 22816925)
No worse than the current DFW-RAP, ORD-FAR or MIA-IND that I've endured on ER4's so far this year!

Well ORD-FAR is a mere 557 miles, that's within the realm of what an RJ route should be. But yes, the other two are awful.

skunker May 5, 2014 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by AADFW (Post 22816346)

It's an old joke. Everytime there is discussion of new routes LIT-NRT is mentioned.

atxtraveler May 5, 2014 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by rjque (Post 22813709)
No LIT-NRT. :(

:slow clap: Brilliant.

PaulInTheSky May 6, 2014 4:34 am

Originally Posted by imapilotaz (Post 22812789)
AA/US combined announced 8 new routes this morning:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/americ...140000277.html

BIS-ORD 1x daily
BIS-DFW 1x daily
EVV-CLT 3x daily
FWA-CLT 1x daily
FWA-PHL 2x daily
GRR-PHL 2x daily
GRR-CLT 2x daily
PHX-CLE 1x daily

Great news for "small town America" with them getting 7 of the routes.

Very good to capitalize CLE, FWA, EVV, and BIS. Adding more GRR without any LAN, however, is beyond me.

akelkar May 6, 2014 9:18 am

Pretty much true, that's my family's logic. If we don't fly Atlantic, we'll take Cathay/Singapore over the Pacific. The only way I can see AA getting some routes to India is making HKG an Asian Hub like United/Delta do with Tokyo but not sure if I see that happening.

I'd still rather fly CX or BA's long haul product than American's (unless I'm getting an upgrade to the front :D)

JMN57 May 6, 2014 9:25 am

Originally Posted by AADFW (Post 22816346)

Why does it have to be an either/or choice?