Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Moderator guidepost instructions: moderators can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki).

N.B. These older posts have been archived from: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-merger/812977-aa-com-website-down-glitch-glitches-bug-fix-reports-more-consolidated.html

AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA.com website down, glitch, bug, fix etc.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 1:06 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Site Outage Notice

Site Outage

AA.com is currently unavailable. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and apologize for any inconvenience. Please refer to the following information for assistance:
In the U.S.:

For new or existing reservations and other flight information, contact AA Reservations at 1-800-433-7300
AAdvantage accounts, contact AAdvantage Customer Service 1-800-882-8880

In the United Kingdom:

For new or existing reservations, aadvantage accounts and other flight information, contact AA Reservations at 0844 499 7300 (0.05 GBP/min, network charges may apply)

07:00 - 19:00 Monday - Friday, 08:30 - 17:00 Saturday - Sunday

Other International Locations:

Contact your local American Airlines Reservations Office

Please select your country:
Additional Customer Support Numbers:

Hotel,Car and Activites Reservations 1-800-960-7163
American Airlines Vacations 1-800-321-2121
American Airlines Cruises 1-800-259-5642
Old Jul 15, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA Gold, US Silver, Starwood Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
So when I view my "account statement" on AA.com, the "Total Available Award Mileage" amount in the middle is different than the "Ending Balance" amount under Mileage Activity at the bottom of the same screen

The latter of those two is exactly 1,250 miles higher -- which I can only presume coincides with a Citibank credit card 10% refund for a 12,500 mile award redemption earlier in the year (which does show when I toggle back from Current to the June summary)

The miles balance shown on the phone app and on the homepage of AA.com when logged in is the lesser of these two numbers

Anyone else seeing this? Broad AA.com/Citi glitch or am I just lucky....?
I'm seeing the same thing. I had ~5000 miles from a Citi credit card post to my AA account last week, which pushed my balance to 95,000. Now, when I log in, I see 90,000 on the main AA screen. At least one day last week, it showed up as 95,000. When I click on "My Account" to see the detail, the Ending Balance shows as 95,000. Any idea?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:17 am

GLITCH

When I go to purchase my AA ticket, message error is like--'you are using the wrong credit card from the wrong country'. I have to call in to purchase ticket. Never had a problem in 10 years until last three flights in July '14'! Spoke to AA tech support. Not very helpful. ANY IDEAS?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 12:21 am

Seem to be unable to access website. Can't get it via my laptop on wifi nor my phone via data connection.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 12:32 am

Programs: QF, EK, VA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
Seem to be unable to access website. Can't get it via my laptop on wifi nor my phone via data connection.
Do you mean you can't login? I can't login at the moment.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by JMNMEL
Do you mean you can't login? I can't login at the moment.
I flat-out can't access it. Occasionally get a time-out error about some gateway downstream, but that's it.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 1:06 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Same here trying to access from the Philippines. It won't load the page at all.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 2:31 am

yep same here, think we can get award phone booking fee waived?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
AA Twitter reports website down until 4am CT
Old Jul 20, 2014, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by LAXative
AA Twitter reports website down until 4am CT
Not back yet D:
Old Jul 20, 2014, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
Not back yet D:
I've able to access it since 4:05am.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Been having some weird issues since an EXP agent made some changes to an itinerary over the phone - can't choose seats on a few flights.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:03 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by deac83
Oddly no matter which flights I select, I get the message:

The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available. Please modify your request.
Select a Departure Flight, then Click CONTINUE to Select a Return Flight.

This is when I search on price.

It rejects the first flight, I select another and another until is says there are no flights available.
I m having a similar issue tonight.

Message is:
The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available. Please modify your request.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:06 pm

I had a ticket pending (waiting for Milton to receive the voucher) and all of a sudden, now AA.com shows me as having no assigned seats on the flights and I can't select flights as the seatmap is now reading that I'm elite (e.g., all premium seats are grayed out). EF shows the seats I have as open, so not sure what is up.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:06 am

Programs: AA EXP/OW Emerald
Web issue or something else? Itin w/ AA codeshare on CX 'blank' in My Reservations

Placed two holds yesterday on trips DCA-DFW-HKG-CGK, with HKG-CGK legs on AA codeshares operated by CX. Email summaries only show legs through to HKG, and online in My Reservations, the itins are blank - with message "Your reservation details cannot be retrieved at this time. This may be caused by changes made to the reservation outside of AA.com. Please contact AA Reservations."

Anyone else experience this before when a codeshare on CX is involved? EXP desk wanted to reprice on CX#, and I said no because of crediting mileage, then ended up getting web services involved and sending a request to the liaison desk to be handled today, so no resolution yet.

Website issue or something else? Chances fare will be honored if/when I try to complete purchase later today?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.