FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: AA.com website down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1641824-archive-aa-com-website-down-glitch-bug-fix-etc.html)

MrAndy1369 Apr 15, 2008 12:45 am

ARCHIVE: AA.com website down, glitch, bug, fix etc.

No offense to anyone here, but I find AA's website ugly, cluttered, and so early 2000's. Anyone know if an overhaul is coming?

a_fman Apr 15, 2008 2:39 am

There have been 'many' since 2000!

pushback Apr 15, 2008 2:52 am

Works fine for me. I just wish they would allow multi-city award bookings and specify more than four destinations on any multi-city bookings. What else do you want it to do?

elpi Apr 15, 2008 3:49 am

It's fine with me ,too.

HAtkins5 Apr 15, 2008 4:05 am

AA.com is second to none

I spend a ton of time on airline websites and I must say AA has done a good job with theirs. What are your specific complaints?

IST_flyer Apr 15, 2008 4:09 am

Of course as with any website, it could look better (even though I don't care as much for aesthetics as I do functionality) and do a little more. I would like to see partner awards, more multi-city options and please, fix the calendar issue. Why do you have to click through all the months again to select your inbound date on a return ticket? :confused:

Otherwise I find AA website to be very functional and it suits me fine.

Teacher49 Apr 15, 2008 4:29 am

It works for me! Easy to navigate. Quite functional. Visually? Yeah, a bit cluttered and old fashioned looking. OTOH, frequent design change for the sake of appearance can throw users back into a whole new learning curve that wastes time. Function over form is the way to go, IMO.

purpleskiesfly Apr 15, 2008 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Andy1369 (Post 9573917)
No offense to anyone here, but I find AA's website ugly, cluttered, and so early 2000's. Anyone know if an overhaul is coming?

Ford/Chevy/Dodge debate here. What doesn't work for you works for others.

cordata Apr 15, 2008 6:51 am

777 seatmap has been broken for a couple of weeks.
Would be nice to get fixed.

DillMan Apr 15, 2008 7:27 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 es61i)

I really appreciate the simplicity of the booking part of the site......sparing use of ajax or java popup/mouseover/autocomplete/supersuggest/etc is nice.
US would be the perfect example of just being waaaay too cutsie.

Efrem Apr 15, 2008 7:32 am

The one thing they have to fix, and it's not just cosmetics, is the default option to remember the user. It's easy to forget to uncheck that box. I've often sat down at AC or other public computers and been given enough information to claim an award from someone else's miles. AA's is the only Web site I've ever seen that doesn't have "don't remember me" as the default.

AA: If you're reading this, and we know you monitor FT's AA forum, fixing this security hole should be your top priority!

slpybear Apr 15, 2008 7:33 am

Originally Posted by DillMan (Post 9575040)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 es61i)

I really appreciate the simplicity of the booking part of the site......sparing use of ajax or java popup/mouseover/autocomplete/supersuggest/etc is nice.
US would be the perfect example of just being waaaay too cutsie.

Wholeheartedly agree with you... and United.com is an example of beauty <> functionality.

YMMV

RxCapt Apr 15, 2008 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Efrem (Post 9575066)
The one thing they have to fix, and it's not just cosmetics, is the default option to remember the user. It's easy to forget to uncheck that box. I've often sat down at AC or other public computers and been given enough information to claim an award from someone else's miles. AA's is the only Web site I've ever seen that doesn't have "don't remember me" as the default.

This used to be a problem at the ACs but unless someone forgets to close the browser, the AC computers do not remember login information including passwords. Even on my home computer, when the remember my aadvantage number box is checked, it is now necessary to enter a password to complete a reservation or view miles.

swag Apr 15, 2008 8:27 am

FWIW, I thought last year's introduction of the fare + schedule matrix for booking a HUGE improvement.

3Cforme Apr 15, 2008 8:32 am

Originally Posted by swag (Post 9575389)
FWIW, I thought last year's introduction of the fare + schedule matrix for booking a HUGE improvement.

Agreed. And it actually seems to work pretty reliably. There are many things I could ask of aa.com (code share seat assignments and codeshare award booking at the top of the list) but what it offers seems to be pretty bug-free. I can't say the say with my experiences on nwa.com or delta.com.