Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Moderator guidepost instructions: moderators can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki).

N.B. These older posts have been archived from: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-merger/812977-aa-com-website-down-glitch-glitches-bug-fix-reports-more-consolidated.html

AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA.com website down, glitch, bug, fix etc.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2008, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Lightbulb ARCHIVE: AA.com website down, glitch, bug, fix etc.

No offense to anyone here, but I find AA's website ugly, cluttered, and so early 2000's. Anyone know if an overhaul is coming?

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 28, 2012 at 9:58 am Reason: delete mod note after WikiPosting
Old Apr 15, 2008, 2:39 am

Programs: AA Gold, BAEC
There have been 'many' since 2000!
Old Apr 15, 2008, 2:52 am

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Works fine for me. I just wish they would allow multi-city award bookings and specify more than four destinations on any multi-city bookings. What else do you want it to do?
Old Apr 15, 2008, 3:49 am

Programs: AA,DL
It's fine with me ,too.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 4:05 am

Location: Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Indiana, Ohio, North Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, Mexico
Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus
AA.com is second to none

I spend a ton of time on airline websites and I must say AA has done a good job with theirs. What are your specific complaints?
Old Apr 15, 2008, 4:09 am

Programs: AA EXP 0.8MM, Skyward, SPG Gold
Of course as with any website, it could look better (even though I don't care as much for aesthetics as I do functionality) and do a little more. I would like to see partner awards, more multi-city options and please, fix the calendar issue. Why do you have to click through all the months again to select your inbound date on a return ticket?

Otherwise I find AA website to be very functional and it suits me fine.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 3mm Plat
It works for me! Easy to navigate. Quite functional. Visually? Yeah, a bit cluttered and old fashioned looking. OTOH, frequent design change for the sake of appearance can throw users back into a whole new learning curve that wastes time. Function over form is the way to go, IMO.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 4:58 am

Programs: AA - ExPlat 1MM Marriott - Platinum, Hertz - Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Andy1369
No offense to anyone here, but I find AA's website ugly, cluttered, and so early 2000's. Anyone know if an overhaul is coming?
Ford/Chevy/Dodge debate here. What doesn't work for you works for others.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 6:51 am

777 seatmap has been broken for a couple of weeks.
Would be nice to get fixed.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 es61i)

I really appreciate the simplicity of the booking part of the site......sparing use of ajax or java popup/mouseover/autocomplete/supersuggest/etc is nice.
US would be the perfect example of just being waaaay too cutsie.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
The one thing they have to fix, and it's not just cosmetics, is the default option to remember the user. It's easy to forget to uncheck that box. I've often sat down at AC or other public computers and been given enough information to claim an award from someone else's miles. AA's is the only Web site I've ever seen that doesn't have "don't remember me" as the default.

AA: If you're reading this, and we know you monitor FT's AA forum, fixing this security hole should be your top priority!
Old Apr 15, 2008, 7:33 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
Originally Posted by DillMan
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 es61i)

I really appreciate the simplicity of the booking part of the site......sparing use of ajax or java popup/mouseover/autocomplete/supersuggest/etc is nice.
US would be the perfect example of just being waaaay too cutsie.
Wholeheartedly agree with you... and United.com is an example of beauty <> functionality.

YMMV
Old Apr 15, 2008, 8:23 am

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Efrem
The one thing they have to fix, and it's not just cosmetics, is the default option to remember the user. It's easy to forget to uncheck that box. I've often sat down at AC or other public computers and been given enough information to claim an award from someone else's miles. AA's is the only Web site I've ever seen that doesn't have "don't remember me" as the default.
This used to be a problem at the ACs but unless someone forgets to close the browser, the AC computers do not remember login information including passwords. Even on my home computer, when the remember my aadvantage number box is checked, it is now necessary to enter a password to complete a reservation or view miles.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
FWIW, I thought last year's introduction of the fare + schedule matrix for booking a HUGE improvement.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by swag
FWIW, I thought last year's introduction of the fare + schedule matrix for booking a HUGE improvement.
Agreed. And it actually seems to work pretty reliably. There are many things I could ask of aa.com (code share seat assignments and codeshare award booking at the top of the list) but what it offers seems to be pretty bug-free. I can't say the say with my experiences on nwa.com or delta.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.