Search

Problems getting US BP on AA Itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Problems getting US BP on AA Itinerary

I have three flights tomorrow, the first on AA (AA Itinerary) and the 2nd and 3rd on US. I just tried to OLCI with US at T24 to be put on the upgrade list. However, the US website tells me to check in first with aa.com, which I did. I got the AA BP emailed to me and the AA website tells me I am checked in for the US flights but no emailing of the US BPs or confirmation that I am on the US upgrade list. I subsequently retried to check in on the US website but got the same message referring me back to aa.com. I can get the US BPs tomorrow AM at a kiosk of check in agent, however, any advise for making sure that I am on the US upgrade list now.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: US, HH
Not sure there is any way to get around the US upgrade list issue other than airport check-in. Does US website allow you to at least get to a Change Seat option? If anything is available it might show and let you change seats then. (Use the mobile site to check if seats are available.)
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HHonors DIA
I had the same situation earlier this month with an AA>US flight and the round-robin deal with the websites. I called US to try and get on the upgrade list and they said I had to do it at the airport and they couldn't do anything even though it was less than 24hrs. Had to get the BP from the US agent at the gate once I landed from the AA flight.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Mixed metal itineraries seem to be the problem. I've had no issues getting US mobile boarding passes and grabbing any available F seat within 24 hrs of a flight when I book an all-US Air itinerary on AA.com, but if it's mixed metal with any AA segments, particularly if the first segment is AA, it's all out the window. Both US and AA phone agents will tell you you have to do everything at the airport in that case, and as far as I can see, they're right. As a result, I've resorted to booking US itineraries only when the entire itinerary is on US metal. I've had much better success getting US upgrades as an AA elite myself at online checkin, rather than having to wait until I get to the airport, where I usually end up as a last-minute addition to an already overcrowded waitlist. Good luck getting boarding passes in advance in that case, as well.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:24 pm

Programs: US, HH
My mixed metal AA itin last week where US was the first flight, worked more or less. Did OLCI on US and they did in fact include a BP for the subsequent AA flight, except that it was not entirely complete/accurate - different seat from what was on aa.com, no FF#/status, flight# shown as USnnn instead of AAnnn (this was not a code share that I'm aware of). So I wasn't sure if it was in fact valid or not.

Interestingly enough - for my onward flight on CX, when checking my seat assignment >24 hrs out - CX invited me to check in right then and provided BP and lounge invitation. So that was independent of the US and AA flights, not sure why that didn't mess up the 1st 2 flights.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 6:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PP
From what I was told at MIA this morning, if its an AA itinerary and the first flight is AA and subsequent flights are US no go on being able to OLCI for the US flights. Hence, not being able to get on the US upgrade list at T-24. The check in agent was able to put me in F this morning.

I have another mixed itinerary next week with the same set up. CLT/DEN is a fairly long flight to be sitting in Y.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: AA EXP DL Plat
Thanks for the heads up. I have a AA-AA-US trip this weekend. Sadly first is F0 and all seats are taken on the US flight.

Safe travels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.