Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA leaves vegas with 2 seats ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
I think the OP was surprised the very two front seats were empty.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
I recently had a flight from DFW > ORD (MD-80) go out with 3E empty because the FA's jump seat was broken, so she had to sit in 3E for take off and landing...I saw many 'o pax walk by that seat getting pissed off seeing an empty seat and wondering why they didn't get their upgrade not knowing that the FA had to sit there...
Old Nov 1, 2014, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by bostonsteamer
I recently had a flight from DFW > ORD (MD-80) go out with 3E empty because the FA's jump seat was broken, so she had to sit in 3E for take off and landing...I saw many 'o pax walk by that seat getting pissed off seeing an empty seat and wondering why they didn't get their upgrade not knowing that the FA had to sit there...
Can't the FA sit in a Y seat for take off and landing?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:06 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mvoight
Can't the FA sit in a Y seat for take off and landing?
No. The FAA designates which seat(s) must be used by flight attendants in the event that the jumpseat is broken. They are generally required to use the passenger seat nearest their assigned exit, so that they have immediate access to the exit in the event of an emergency. If an aft jumpseat were broken, then yes, the FA who would have used it would indeed be in a coach seat rather than in first class.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:06 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
A lot of assumptions on both sides of this issue, AA and the OP's. I say it is impossible to form an opinion given the details provided.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:41 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A gentle reminder that fully 40% of FT members do not reside in the USA, and that any number of those who do, speak English as a second (or third, or fourth,) language.

/Moderator
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
On Saturday, my LAX to STL flight was ~40% full and from what I could see 1/2 of 1st was empty. When this happened when I was a UA gold I would get upgraded. Sometimes 24hrs ahead and sometimes at the gate. There were several Plat/Exp that boarded that I saw. So is this AA's policy to only upgrade if you requested and have the 500mi coupons?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by TSparky
So is this AA's policy to only upgrade if you requested and have the 500mi coupons?
The only free upgrades at AA are the EXP level, and even those must be requested. There are times where an EXP flyer may not want an upgrade.

Any elite flyer can request the upgrade on the website, be it as a Gold or EXP. If you're a Gold or Platinum and don't have adequate upgrades in account, you can buy them on-line in advance or buy them at the gate at a higher price. . If you're an EXP, they're comped.

Check the upgrade page on the web site:
http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/el...leUpgrades.jsp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.