Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ADVICE REQUESTED: Mileage run gone awry

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
Speaking as a guardsman myself, that would be nice, but how do you set up that program? .
I don't think it would be that costly or difficult. If you are a platinum when you mobilize, then we'll return you to your previous status. When I was last mobilized, I was a platinum when I left mid-year. I went to "the Show" and came back 18 months later. In the meantime, I hadn't requalified for platinum and was dropped to gold for the following year. Then I didn't requalify for gold that year, and by the time I returned to my civilian job on January 1, I had no status.

In contrast, Marriott kept me at Platinum and just asked for my orders to verify I was deployed. A buddy said that Delta protected him. I don't really see material cost (no bennies while I'm gone) and could help retain a customer. However, it gets less PR than the priority boarding etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.