Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Heathrow - Lounge ?? - AA & BA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2003, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

London Heathrow - Lounge ?? - AA & BA

We will be traveling to Nairobi from LHR on BA, via AA from JFK. We are both Platinum (mostly likely Gold 01 March) and are upgrading on AA using mileage, and using AA mileage on British Airways (business class).

My questions are:
Can we use British Airway's lounge upon arrival and departure in London.

And also American's lounge in JFK outbound/inbound (connecting back to STL)?
Old Feb 15, 2003, 3:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, because you'll be flying in Business Class on all your legs.

If you only had AA Gold status, then you wouldn't be given lounge access unless you are flying in Business or First.
Old Apr 22, 2003, 5:19 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
I'm really sorry to ask this because I know it's been answered, but I've just read so many old threads that my brain is mush.

I'll be flying in a couple of weeks (LAX-LHR-FCO-LHR-JFK) taking BA for the LHR-FCO-LHR legs. I'm AA Plat and flying C class on AA and BA coach.

On the outbound I'll be connecting in LHR between T3 and T1 (from 1:20PM to 5:40PM). So am I correct that I'll be too late for the arrivals lounge and if so, what are my choices?

Regarding the return: I'll be connecting between T1 and T3 between 10:00 AM to noon. Will I have time for a lounge visit and if so, where should I go?

If any of you aren't too burnt out on answering these redundant questions your replies would be much appreciated. If not, I'll read more from your past contributions when my brain is a little more clear. Thanks.
Old Apr 22, 2003, 5:52 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sk3:
Regarding the return: I'll be connecting between T1 and T3 between 10:00 AM to noon. Will I have time for a lounge visit and if so, where should I go?</font>
You go to the Admiral's Club in terminal 3, you'll have time to check it out. You'll walk past a FlagShip lounge on the way to the AC-- don't bother begging for entrance, it really, really, really isn't worth it. I actually prefer the AC to the FL @ LHR, YMMV.
Old Apr 22, 2003, 7:44 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sk3:
On the outbound I'll be connecting in LHR between T3 and T1 (from 1:20PM to 5:40PM). So am I correct that I'll be too late for the arrivals lounge and if so, what are my choices?</font>
You have to enter the UK to get to the Arrivals lounge and it really isn't any better than the BA departure lounge in T1 so I don't think it is worth the effort. Take the bus over to T1 and go to the BA Terraces lounge in T1 (very nice business class lounge, nicer than the first class lounge in T3). Haven't used the showers in that lounge but I remember seeing a sign for showers in the upstairs area. They also have some great cucumber sandwiches (must be an English specialty) as well as 15 year old Glenfiddich in the bar.
Old Apr 22, 2003, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, use the Terraces in T1 on the outbound. It's a good setup, the shower suites are nice. It blows the doors off the AC in T3, which is your typical, unimpressive AC, but with free booze to make you forget how bad it looks compared with the Terraces.

On the return, since your departing flight is out of T3, you don't really have time for Terraces. Go back over to T3 and use the AC.

They also won't let you in the clubs without a boarding pass for a departing flight, unless you get a stamp from BAA security. Flight coupons aren't enough.

d
Old Apr 23, 2003, 9:16 am
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
Thank you very much JonNYC, number_6 and Doppy.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 1:47 pm

number_6, thanks for this info. I am going to be doing the T3 and T1 hop in a few days. Your post suggests that the T1 J lounge is the best of the lot available in T3 and T1. Is there a BA F lounge in T1 that is better than the T1 J lounge?

Originally Posted by number_6
You have to enter the UK to get to the Arrivals lounge and it really isn't any better than the BA departure lounge in T1 so I don't think it is worth the effort. Take the bus over to T1 and go to the BA Terraces lounge in T1 (very nice business class lounge, nicer than the first class lounge in T3). Haven't used the showers in that lounge but I remember seeing a sign for showers in the upstairs area. They also have some great cucumber sandwiches (must be an English specialty) as well as 15 year old Glenfiddich in the bar.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 2:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"Is there a BA F lounge in T1 that is better than the T1 J lounge?"

There is a BA First Class lounge in T3 and it is better than the Terraces Lounge

Dave
Old Oct 13, 2004, 3:07 pm

Not sure if you are a scotch drinker, but the BA F lounges (T1, T4 at LHR and at LGW) had Johnny Blue for the last few months. Maybe it has always been there, but I began my migration from AA to BA and only recently received my BA Gold card....

Plus, the BA F lounges have a "menu" type service, where they will bring you light breakfast or lunch, you just have to ask one of the folks in the lounge. I thought the chicken caesar salad was pretty good!
Old Oct 13, 2004, 3:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
There is a BA First Class lounge in T3 and it is better than the Terraces Lounge
That's news to me (and to BA, I'm sure.) BA has lounges in T1 and T4, both with F sections.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold, season pass holder to all the places the kids want to go
LHR arrivals lounge operating hours

One aside on the Arrivals Lounge in LHR Terminal 3....they are open from 6 am to 2 pm.

I learned this the hard way yesterday, as my AA #134 from LAX landed at 3 pm, and I merrily headed to the Arrivals Lounge using pauleeepaul's excellent directions in this thread, only to find that they were closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.