Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MrAndy1369
As AA and US have now harmonized domestic (including Mexico/Caribbean/Canada/Hawaii/Alaska) meals, please continue the discussion here:

Meals changes US & AA announced - international and domestic
(for a broader discussion of the changes)
Late 2014 AA/US Combined Domestic Meals - menu / pictures / etc. (Consolidated) (for specific experiences and questions)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 4:03 pm

Location: Anaheim, CA - Delta Platinum Medallion,Sky Team Elite Plus, American Airlines Platinum, OneWorld - Emerald, EK-Skywards Gold, VS Flying Club, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold. Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by golfingboy
It will be come September 1st. An actual enhancement that LAS-DFW, along with some other similar routes, will receive under the new meal program.

It is not all doomsday or downright downgrade like some claim.

I think they are having issues with the pre-ordering system as many things are not corroborating with the descriptions of the new meal offering found on both airlines' website. Maybe not all meal dishes are finalized, so it is not being displayed until they finalize the new dishes? I am not sure what is going on, but this is something we should take up to the twitter team or customer relations to get a clarification of why meal choices are not being displayed properly.

Terrible planning on AA's part for sure.
Great thinking! I think you are right on this one! Thanks for your insight!!
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Yeah, the funny thing is, if you do this in reverse (MCO-LAX), two choices are available for breakfast. I've brought this up in the main meals announcement thread in the consolidated thread, and I've also brought this to the attention of the Twitter team. Still no changes, but hopefully this will be resolved soon.

If you do LAX-ORD, for example, breakfast flights only get one choice, but ORD-LAX breakfast flights get two choices. Funky. Was your LAX-MCO single choice cheese chintizes (sp)?

Originally Posted by golfingboy
I think they are having issues with the pre-ordering system as many things are not corroborating with the descriptions of the new meal offering found on both airlines' website. Maybe not all meal dishes are finalized, so it is not being displayed until they finalize the new dishes? I am not sure what is going on, but this is something we should take up to the twitter team or customer relations to get a clarification of why meal choices are not being displayed properly.

Terrible planning on AA's part for sure.
Originally Posted by fly4work
Great thinking! I think you are right on this one! Thanks for your insight!!
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:03 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Here's a pic of the chicken curry wrap from MSP-DFW earlier today. It is as good as I remember it being. The wrap was followed by a nice white chocolate macadamia nut cookie (no picture, sorry!)

Old Aug 20, 2014, 2:55 pm

Location: Anaheim, CA - Delta Platinum Medallion,Sky Team Elite Plus, American Airlines Platinum, OneWorld - Emerald, EK-Skywards Gold, VS Flying Club, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold. Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Yeah, the funny thing is, if you do this in reverse (MCO-LAX), two choices are available for breakfast. I've brought this up in the main meals announcement thread in the consolidated thread, and I've also brought this to the attention of the Twitter team. Still no changes, but hopefully this will be resolved soon.

If you do LAX-ORD, for example, breakfast flights only get one choice, but ORD-LAX breakfast flights get two choices. Funky. Was your LAX-MCO single choice cheese chintizes (sp)?
It is the cheese blintzes!
Old Aug 20, 2014, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by fly4work
It is the cheese blintzes!
Yeah, it is for every eastbound flight right now. Oddly, midwest-east (DFW/ORD-east coast cities) still are showing 2 choices, but west coast-midwest/east coast cities are showing the single choice of cheese blintzes. It's definitely a glitch. I've brought this to the attention of the Twitter team last week, but they didn't seem to have fixed it yet.

Very odd, indeed, and annoying.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Interesting development...

AA just changed the BOS-LAX 8:40PM flight from the dreaded "Refreshment" (post 9/1) to a full dinner. The pre-order menu lists 2 dinner choices as well. The interesting thing is that this flight is actually listed as only a "Snack" flight pre-9/1, but a full dinner post-9/1. An enhancement!

I hope this is not an error as this is currently the ONLY domestic flight that gets a full dinner after 8PM. Even MIA/JFK-LAX at 8:15 only gets a snack post 9/1.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by wrp96
These are the choices for a DFW-SJU flight next month:

Miso Chicken Served with fried rice and Asian mixed vegetables

Spinach and Cheese Tortellini

Anybody had the Miso Chicken?
And the options for the return are:

Beef in a Mustard Sauce Served with Twice Baked Potato with Horseradish and Italian Green Beans

Cheese Tortellini Served with an Arrabiatta Sauce

Not a bad choice actually.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:57 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by BlissWorld

AA just changed the BOS-LAX 8:40PM flight from the dreaded "Refreshment" (post 9/1) to a full dinner. The pre-order menu lists 2 dinner choices as well. The interesting thing is that this flight is actually listed as only a "Snack" flight pre-9/1, but a full dinner post-9/1. An enhancement!

I hope this is not an error as this is currently the ONLY domestic flight that gets a full dinner after 8PM. Even MIA/JFK-LAX at 8:15 only gets a snack post 9/1.
^ I am still begging for a meal on ANC-DFW flight. If HNL-LAX redeye gets a meal, ANC-DFW should IMO.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by wrp96
And the options for the return are:

Beef in a Mustard Sauce Served with Twice Baked Potato with Horseradish and Italian Green Beans

Cheese Tortellini Served with an Arrabiatta Sauce

Not a bad choice actually.
Same menu for my DFW-ANC flight next month.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 1:39 pm

Interesting, indeed. I tested the preordering options, and two choices were indeed shown for the 8:40pm flight. If preordering is available, that makes it less likely to be a glitch.

AA really needs to get everything consistent for post-Sept 1 flights. Right now, the HNL-LAX (8:55pm) redeye shows a snack/brunch service, while the ANC-DFW (much longer) at 8:55pm shows only Refreshments. BOS-LAX at 8:40pm isn't that much earlier. No rhyme or sound to this.

To be fair, JFK/MIA-LAX/SFO does snack/brunch service after 8pm currently, under the 'old' meal policy. The difference is that past Sept 1st, all other transcon flights past 8pm only will get refreshments. BOS-LAX breaking this rule could either be an exception, or a good sign that AA is refining their meal parameters/windows for transcons. US currently serves full dinners on their late PHL/CLT-west coast transcons past 8pm, so maybe AA is aligning to that policy?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
To be fair, JFK/MIA-LAX/SFO does snack/brunch service after 8pm currently, under the 'old' meal policy. The difference is that past Sept 1st, all other transcon flights past 8pm only will get refreshments. BOS-LAX breaking this rule could either be an exception, or a good sign that AA is refining their meal parameters/windows for transcons. US currently serves full dinners on their late PHL/CLT-west coast transcons past 8pm, so maybe AA is aligning to that policy?
JFK/MIA-LAX/SFO get SNACK whether before OR after 9/1. Nothing is changing for these routes. Not only is BOS breaking this "rule" but it's actually better than JFK/MIA-LAX/SFO after 9/1, which is the point I'm trying to make.

US PHL/CLT-LAX are their "premium" markets like MIA/JFK so those are exempt as well. I just find it interesting that BOS-LAX gets a full dinner while JFK/MIA only get a snack
Old Aug 21, 2014, 2:16 pm

Doing a dummy booking for 9/3, PHL-LAS gets dinner at 8:30pm, so it's not only PHL/CLT-LAX/SFO that gets the exception for dinners past 8pm.

Agreed, interesting indeed. Let's see how this develops.

JFK/MIA-LAX/SFO get SNACK whether before OR after 9/1. Nothing is changing for these routes. Not only is BOS breaking this "rule" but it's actually better than JFK/MIA-LAX/SFO after 9/1, which is the point I'm trying to make.

US PHL/CLT-LAX are their "premium" markets like MIA/JFK so those are exempt as well. I just find it interesting that BOS-LAX gets a full dinner while JFK/MIA only get a snack
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Any pics of what's actually "served" on UX F during meal windows? Probably will fly LAX-OKC in F in the months ahead a few times, and wondering what to (not) look forward to. I sure love flying Dougie Express.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:22 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Any pics of what's actually "served" on UX F during meal windows? Probably will fly LAX-OKC in F in the months ahead a few times, and wondering what to (not) look forward to. I sure love flying Dougie Express.
You should be given a box with some food in it.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by no1cub17
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19003660-post9.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.