Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MrAndy1369
As AA and US have now harmonized domestic (including Mexico/Caribbean/Canada/Hawaii/Alaska) meals, please continue the discussion here:

Meals changes US & AA announced - international and domestic
(for a broader discussion of the changes)
Late 2014 AA/US Combined Domestic Meals - menu / pictures / etc. (Consolidated) (for specific experiences and questions)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Originally Posted by SFO777
I just selected the chicken on this Monday's LAX-PIT 4PM "lunch" flight.
Will post a pic.
I'll wait to see your pics and read the comments then
Old Jun 26, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA PP, Hilton/MR Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
This the meal?

If so, I thought it was fine but with food it's all a matter of opinion anyway.
FWIW, I've had this twice this week and I enjoyed it both times. One of the better AA pasta dishes I've had.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
SFO-ORD March 2014

Shrimp, Salad, Polenta+Grilled Chicken, followed with ice cream/fruit and cheese plate.

Definitely above expectations for a 3.5 hour midcon flight.

Old Jun 28, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by tuchop
What do you guys think?
Someone mentioned the Cornmeal chicken is good. Did anyone try any of these recently? any pics? It's on a MIA-JFK flight in july.

Thanks

EDIT: saw a couple of comments on this from older posts.
Just had the Lemon Grass Salmon yesterday on #23 SFO-DFW. Excellent. Along with the nuts, bread basket and cookie it made a perfect light lunch. The chicken with sweet potatoes looked good, and much more substantial.

Service yesterday on #23 was wonderful. The #1 Purser - Steven lead a great team in the F cabin.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 3:24 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by nemme99
michael_v thanks for sharing. I was just considering switching to the veg meal for an upcoming SFO-JFK F flight but that looks horrible. My choices are beef or two dishes with cream sauce. Ugh.

Grilled Fillet of Beef
Served with green and yellow haricots verts and garlic mashed potatoes

Shrimp Scampi
With roasted tomato garlic cream sauce, served with creamy polenta and roasted asparagus

Butternut Squash Gnocchi
With sautéed spinach, butternut squashand sage cream sauce
Originally Posted by michael_v
The roasted tomato garlic cream sauce may come separately, so I would go for the shrimp scampi. Maybe someone who has had this meal can confirm.
It might be the same as the shrimp scampi choice from this post:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22383319-post169.html

I've got the same options on my IAD-LAX this week and was also debating on the VGML. Might just go with the beef or pasta instead...
Old Jun 29, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
I just booked a P fare on the 7:25AM departure from PBI to DFW. Per aa.com it's showing as a continental breakfast which seemed weird given the distance of the flight (1,103 miles). Is this correct (RON with no catering contract issue)or a glitch?
Old Jun 29, 2014, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by dat4life
I just booked a P fare on the 7:25AM departure from PBI to DFW. Per aa.com it's showing as a continental breakfast which seemed weird given the distance of the flight (1,103 miles). Is this correct (RON with no catering contract issue)or a glitch?

I think you are probably right. PBI is not a big station for AA, so I wouldn't be surprised if the equipment arrives double-catered for the RON, with no local catering except perhaps wet ice. So, everything needs to be shelf stable. However, wouldn't oatmeal be an option since it is reconstituted with hot water? (like on Eagle)
Old Jun 29, 2014, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ESpen36
I think you are probably right. PBI is not a big station for AA, so I wouldn't be surprised if the equipment arrives double-catered for the RON, with no local catering except perhaps wet ice. So, everything needs to be shelf stable. However, wouldn't oatmeal be an option since it is reconstituted with hot water? (like on Eagle)
PIT and SMF are two other stations (no doubt among others) with no local "hot meal" catering deal and suffer the same breakfast fate.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DEN-LAX
AA 3512
CR7
12:20P-1:35P
June 30, 2014
Lunch

Great ORD-based crew, Theresa and Pablo. Open bar PDB. Choice of chicken salad or sliders. I was at the wrong end of FEBO so got the sliders, which were actually surprisingly good.

LAX-PIT
AA 1153
737-800
4:00P-11:45P (sked)
4:55P-12:30A (estimated)
June 30, 2014
Lunch. Seriously?

Typically lazy LAX-based crew. PDB? What's that? Recent transcon enhancements have apparently not included PIT. Nevertheless, AA catering continues to impress. Choice of Lemon Grass Salmon salad or Cornmeal Crusted Chicken with roasted sweet potatoes and corn moque choux. Although a little dry, the chicken was delicious especially with the sweet sauce (no idea, maybe rhubarb). Tomato and cucumber salad was outstanding.

And the 2,136 mile not so transcon dessert.

Beautiful scenery though and an empty seat beside me in a 10/16 cabin tonight. So no more complaining.

And one more pic. Best I could do with my iphone.

Last edited by SFO777; Jun 30, 2014 at 9:07 pm
Old Jun 30, 2014, 8:40 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Thanks SFO777!! I chose the cornmeal chicken instead of the salmon for my upcoming MIA-JFK flight. Also, that salad looks really fresh..
Old Jun 30, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I can vouch for the lemongrass salmon, the only issue is they never seem to have a pinot noir as a red option, cab sauvignon/merlot clashes too much.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Miesque
I can vouch for the lemongrass salmon, the only issue is they never seem to have a pinot noir as a red option, cab sauvignon/merlot clashes too much.
Any Ken Chase wine clashes period.
That's why I always go with a G&T or two, or three.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 9:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO777
Any Ken Chase wine clashes period.
That's why I always go with a G&T or two, or three.
Good point and excellent choice. I almost always start with a Bloody Mary and there a definitely times I end up sticking with that instead of rotating to wine due to the selections.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PIT-DFW
AA 1469
MD-80
6:45P-8:35P
July 1, 2014
Dinner

Choice of dijon crusted chicken or pipette pasta.

Tasty salad, would have been better if catering hadn't forgot the load the dressing. Hmmm, second time in six weeks.

Chicken was excellent.

White chocolate or chocolate chip cookies.

Old Jul 1, 2014, 10:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G

Anyone had any of these. It's for a Dinner BOS-LAX flight. I don't eat shellfish so that is out but both other options sound good. Any advice...just my fourth AA flight and so far have only really liked one of my meal's (The breakfast strata).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.