Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MrAndy1369
As AA and US have now harmonized domestic (including Mexico/Caribbean/Canada/Hawaii/Alaska) meals, please continue the discussion here:

Meals changes US & AA announced - international and domestic
(for a broader discussion of the changes)
Late 2014 AA/US Combined Domestic Meals - menu / pictures / etc. (Consolidated) (for specific experiences and questions)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
1/13 PHX-DFW 1030a departure: chicken curry wrap with couscous and a chocolate chip cookie. I think the other choice was a steak salad.

Originally Posted by tom911
Beef salad with udon noodles on the 2pm DFW-DCA. Ate about half of it. The other choice was chicken pot pie crepes which I've had before. Both of these are returning entrees. Not a fan of either. Looking forward to next month's meal rotation.
Had the beef udon noodle salad on the 1030a DFW-LAX flight. Multiple cookies were offered.

I haven't flown AA since their planes had mountains on the tail (RIP Reno Air), so this was a new experience for me. Hope it doesn't change too much once Parker gets his claws into everything. It was nice change from the DL snack basket and the "meals" on Alaska.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA GLD
AA 1547
DFW-LAS, S80 (mad dogs are loud but comfy), "snack/brunch"
PDB
Warm nuts + bev
Choice of grilled chicken salad or roast beef wrap, proper FEBO ordering but fail as the FA gave away all the salads by the time she got to row 6.
Chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin cookie

Originally Posted by PresRDC
I had the "gnocchi" on a MIA-JFK flight on 1/1.

They were more like a small ravioli than what any Italian would consider to be gnocchi. Taste was fine, but it was not what I was expecting.

My interpretation is it's more like butternut squash ravioli made out of gnocchi-ish dough with a sage cream sauce. Definitely not gnocchi but not entirely pasta.

Last edited by psychoandy; Jan 18, 2014 at 5:33 pm
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Yikes! That definitely looks like an economy meal recovered from 2000... but I strongly believe it was a mistake of some kind. If we see more reports of similar meals like this cropping up, then we can worry, but for now, I'm betting on some kind of miscater.

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
AA 2956 (MQ 2956)
IAH 11:35 p.m.
ORD 2:05 p.m.
CRJ-700
Lunch

[image skipped]

No choice. Turkey and cheese sandwich, I think it was turkey, the meat sort of looked like turkey, it did not taste like something else…

Well, this was first for me. All CR7 first class meals I had so far was on cloth covered tray, using china/porcelain, metal cutlery, with cloth napkin. This meal, Styrofoam tray. Plastic knife, fork, and spoon. Paper napkin. No plates or what so ever, sandwich sitting directly on Styrofoam tray.

Before screaming “US Airways-fication of F class meals!” I think this may have something to do with origin airport IAH. At IAH CR7 flights do not receive catering. IAH-DFW flights do not receive catering at IAH. IAH-MIA flights do receive catering at IAH, and when we had IAH-JFK that flights also received catering at IAH.

Anyway, this plastic things on F meals may have something to do with CR7 flights at IAH not receiving catering. I have flown IAH-ORD before since I live at Houston area, just happened to be all my previous IAH-ORD flights were refreshment flights. I flew IAH-LAX on CR7 and F meals were on cloth and china like all other AA F meals…

Have to say first time for me where AA’s F meal was like this. Or is this US Airways-fication of F meal service?

I should add that drinks were served in real glass, not plastic.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
AA 1310
CLE 1:30 p.m.
DFW 3:35 p.m.
Lunch
A319

My first AA's A319 flight!

Pre-departure Beverage
open bar

Drink service
with oven warm nuts

Chilled Teriyaki Beef
With scallion, red bell pepper and udon noodle salad
or
Chicken Pot Pie Crêpes
Served with supreme sauce and chipotle mashed sweet potatoes

with warm breads

Freshly baked cookies
Chocolate chips or Oatmeal
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
AA 214 MKE-DFW on 1/15/14
Scheduled departure was 5:40 pm
Actual departure, due to late arriving AC, 6

No PDB

Hot towels after drinks & warm nuts

Entree was a choice of Dijoin Chicken or some kind of Chili/Polenta thing (sorry-went back to get the specifics from the reservation but it was already gone). Pre-ordered the chicken, which was acknowledged by the FA-still can't get over how moist it was, especially considering it was served on a plane!

Salad was interesting-romaine, corn, black beans, & what I think was cesar dressing. Had not seen it before but liked it.

Some kind of cake/bar thing for dessert-couldn't really identify it, but it was pretty good.

No mints

As soon as the FA's got up, lights in the cabin went out & I mean out-like they would on a red-eye. I know it's technically an evening flight, but come one guys-there is still dinner to serve & it was barely 6pm when we pushed back
Old Jan 16, 2014, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by imapilotaz
I do have to say that the new Lentil Chili for Dinner is very good.
Have a question about lentil chili. My upcoming flight one of entrée choice is:

Lentil Chili
Served with seared polenta cake and jalapeño tomato jam

I am imagining the dish to be like any chili dishes, soup like dish served in pasta bowl. Is it correct or this lentil chili something different than what I am thinking?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 5:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Egg strata on this morning's 0650 SFO-DFW (cleared 4 hours out and the oatmeal was gone by my row):

On the connecting DFW-DCA the beef udon noodle salad and chicken pot pie crepes are still in play.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by poppabear
Has anyone tried any of the following entrees, if so any pics

Bocconcini Pasta, Grilled Herb Chicken ( same as last year's choice?)

Also what's the latest on DFW-LAX service Midcon Plus or not

Thanks
I've had the grilled herb chicken and it is the same as last year's choice. These are my 2 choices for tomorrow DFW-SNA and i was hoping that someone could comment on the pasta.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA GLD
AA 202
LAX 13:15 - BOS 21:40
752 - Transcon lunch service

PDB of water/OJ/prosecco offered in plastic flutes.

Drinks:

Prosecco & sauv blanc were OK, nothing to write home about.

Menu:

hot towel, warm nuts/beverage of course, salad not pictured.
pretzel/cheese/rye bread

Roast beef sandwich (served as a course after salad, don't remember if they normally do this vs all in one trays):

Cookies and cream with chocolate (not consistent with menu)

Whole fruit/snacks not offered on cart; but choc chip/white choc mac nut cookies & milk in wine glasses presented in cabin. I enjoy the classy touch, but from a practical standpoint, you can't dip cookies in a wine glass!
Old Jan 18, 2014, 6:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by txrus
AA 214 MKE-DFW on 1/15/14
Scheduled departure was 5:40 pm
Actual departure, due to late arriving AC, 6

No PDB

Hot towels after drinks & warm nuts

Entree was a choice of Dijoin Chicken or some kind of Chili/Polenta thing (sorry-went back to get the specifics from the reservation but it was already gone). Pre-ordered the chicken, which was acknowledged by the FA-still can't get over how moist it was, especially considering it was served on a plane!

Salad was interesting-romaine, corn, black beans, & what I think was cesar dressing. Had not seen it before but liked it.

Some kind of cake/bar thing for dessert-couldn't really identify it, but it was pretty good.

No mints

As soon as the FA's got up, lights in the cabin went out & I mean out-like they would on a red-eye. I know it's technically an evening flight, but come one guys-there is still dinner to serve & it was barely 6pm when we pushed back
I hate when they leave lights on. The fluorescents are depressing. AA is the worst. Hope US standards come into play and we don't have to put up with lights out. You can see your meal tray or a book or work with a reading light.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 8:09 pm

Current standards call for service in courses on all transcons and on Basic Plus midcons (midcons over approximately 3 hours, such as Chicago-West Coast). So, definitely normal. There were a few complaints about transcons/Basic Plus midcons not servicing by courses, usually by lazy crews. You got a good crew. ^

Originally Posted by psychoandy
AA 202

Roast beef sandwich (served as a course after salad, don't remember if they normally do this vs all in one trays):
Old Jan 18, 2014, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by pbjag
I've had the grilled herb chicken and it is the same as last year's choice. These are my 2 choices for tomorrow DFW-SNA and i was hoping that someone could comment on the pasta.
I had the brocconcini pasta on a MIA-PHX flight back in early December. Here's the photo of that meal:

Overall not bad. Tasty enough, especially with the leek sauce. The chicken also looked like a good option. I suppose it just depends on what kind of mood you're in come meal time.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 8:36 pm

What was the dessert? Ice cream sludges?

Originally Posted by cmd320
I had the brocconcini pasta on a MIA-PHX flight back in early December. Here's the photo of that meal:

Overall not bad. Tasty enough, especially with the leek sauce. The chicken also looked like a good option. I suppose it just depends on what kind of mood you're in come meal time.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
What was the dessert? Ice cream sludges?
Yes, the dessert was chocolate ice cream with marshmallows and walnuts.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by psychoandy
AA 202

PDB of water/OJ/prosecco offered in plastic flutes.

Drinks:

Prosecco & sauv blanc were OK, nothing to write home about.

Menu:

hot towel, warm nuts/beverage of course, salad not pictured.
pretzel/cheese/rye bread

Cookies and cream with chocolate (not consistent with menu)

Whole fruit/snacks not offered on cart; but choc chip/white choc mac nut cookies & milk in wine glasses presented in cabin. I enjoy the classy touch, but from a practical standpoint, you can't dip cookies in a wine glass!
They're supposed to be offered in baskets that are passed by the FA. Apples, Bananas, Chips, Chocolate Caramels, and other candies (Nicer offerings, not just Sun Chips, and cheapo 'Stuff') Ask if it's not offered and you want it (sort of like the soup that's supposed to be offered on red eye flights) This is one of the new enhancements to transcon flights that started this month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.