Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA 10% discount codes 15 Aug - 15 Nov 2013 (NO LONGER AVAILABLE) [Planes promo]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Aug 22, 2013, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST Members can minimize or maximize this wikipost using the upper right corner [-] or [+] buttons; Moderators can edit this post.

First and foremost, please DO NOT ASK FOR CODES; code-begging posts will be summarily deleted.

This thread has offered some codes earned by members who played the online "Planes" promo game; those generous members with extra codes will post them here if they wish to.

The thread title has been updated to indicate that the codes are no longer available. If something changes, please use the "alert a moderator" feature, and we'll update accordingly. Thanks! /Moderators
Print Wikipost

AA 10% discount codes 15 Aug - 15 Nov 2013 (NO LONGER AVAILABLE) [Planes promo]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL GLD, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ritz
They must have restocked, as I'm quite a happy camper.
got coupon ok just a few mins ago. took 3 icons to fly over it.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 8:11 am

No "Promo Code" field in multi-city search
Old Jul 31, 2013, 8:25 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, UA GLD, Marriott GLD, Hyatt GLD
Originally Posted by arollins
Try a different email address.
+1...I did an additional code for another email address
Old Jul 31, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
$380K Miles = ~ $7562 (According to AA)

From the text describing the "Grand Prize" (folks already forgot about the associated sweepstakes? )

"(1) Winner will receive three hundred eighty thousand (380,000) American Airlines AAdvantage® miles which may be used for around the world air transportation by Winner and up to three (3) guests of Winner on American Airlines or its "Airline Associates" (American Eagle or the American Connection® carrier), oneworld® airlines or select AAdvantage® participating airlines (Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") $7,562)

AAdvantage® miles portion of the Prize additional details: around the world air transportation is representative of main cabin MileSAAver® award travel and, additionally, travel award seats may be capacity controlled and may not be available on all flights, other restrictions may apply and are subject to change."

Personally I would be looking for using these miles on J or F, but oh well..
Old Jul 31, 2013, 8:39 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by yyzgayguy
No "Promo Code" field in multi-city search
That is correct. Promo codes can't be used in multi-city search. Been that way for a very long time.

Cheers.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 8:43 am

Programs: AA Million Miler Gold, BA, UA
It worked ten minutes ago for me. The first time, I did not find the right icon to fly over, and while I registered for the contest, no promo code was emailed. I tried again, found the right icon, but it would not accept the same email address twice. So I went through it again and used a different email address and was successful.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Thanks for this. Was getting ready to book a trip in paid F today and this 10% discount is better than applying a credit from a cancelled ticket I have. The process was seamless and I received the discount code within 10 minutes and applied it to a round trip in domestic F without issue. AA must be looking for business as I received the 'bump' to Platinum offer yesterday as a non-status member (new to AA from UA this year) and have only flown a few flights in AA F this year, along with a couple of award flights in Y. Happy I made the switch
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Doesn't work (as stated) for flight ex-china...
Any one would like to exchange for a code without such restriction?

PM if interested.

cheers
Old Jul 31, 2013, 11:37 am

I also wanted to use the promo code for a multi-city itinerary, but after a few minutes with web support, I saw that codes can only be entered on round trip flights.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by LAS2
I also wanted to use the promo code for a multi-city itinerary, but after a few minutes with web support, I saw that codes can only be entered on round trip flights.
Can they apply it offline, i.e., by calling AA?
Old Jul 31, 2013, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Can they apply it offline, i.e., by calling AA?
That was a really good suggestion, but I just called and they said this code was too long and it wouldn't take.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by LAS2
... and one way ...
Old Jul 31, 2013, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Thanks for the tip. Just received three on different email addresses from the same pc.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by worldiswide
Thanks for the tip. Just received three on different email addresses from the same pc.
I'll be interested if they are able to track the multiple discount uses (or attempts) if one uses their AA Account # when booking tickets.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Is there any reason to think you don't get full miles or ESP's when using this promo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.