FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Patterns & predictions for DEQM / double EQM in 2013 (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1454338-patterns-predictions-deqm-double-eqm-2013-consolidated.html)

Shareholder Aug 29, 2013 9:58 am

Originally Posted by allenh91801 (Post 21356912)
...they couldn't possibly offer the DEQM so then in theory for those who signed up for the fast track could earn EXP with only 15k miles flown.

The terms of these promos specifically exclude DEQM/P promos counting as mileage/points eligible towards the target. There were route-specific DEQMs during last year's 1K>ExecPlat and it was clearly stated only regular mileage would count towards our targets, though the counter would still show the DEQM total.

Generally speaking I agree with those who don't foresee an across the board DEQM promo, though route-specifics may still show up.

brp Aug 29, 2013 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder (Post 21357107)

Generally speaking I agree with those who don't foresee an across the board DEQM promo, though route-specifics may still show up.

Given that we just booked our final trip for the year (SJC-LAX-NRT for NYE) last night that will bring us to about 103K, I see no need for any DEQM promotions for the remainder of this year :)

Cheers.

Alex_I Aug 29, 2013 10:23 am

Originally Posted by brp (Post 21357196)
Given that we just booked our final trip for the year (SJC-LAX-NRT for NYE) last night that will bring us to about 103K, I see no need for any DEQM promotions for the remainder of this year :)
Cheers.

With ca. 124K EQM right now and additional 21K EQM in about 1 month, I would be rather interested in another ELTA3 level above 150 EQM than any DEQM promotions!

Parkdesigner Aug 29, 2013 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Alex_I (Post 21357283)
With ca. 124K EQM right now and additional 21K EQM in about 1 month, I would be rather interested in another ELTA3 level above 150 EQM than any DEQM promotions!

Agreed! I'm sitting at 119K and another 40+ between now and years end!

Additionally, I get the sense that the "no soft landing" on status rule this year was an indicator of AA trying to thin the heard... seems that after the targeted promo this month, any additional DEQM offers would just be counterproductive to the end goal for AA.

(Course, if we see absolute adherence to taxi speeds and other such fun again this year... then who knows!! :p )

bdemaria Aug 29, 2013 11:35 am

Originally Posted by brp (Post 21357196)

Cheers.

+1

I"m rather proud of the fact that I should end up at 100,036 EQM on 12/31, and thus not returning from Paris until 1/3

FabrizioB Aug 29, 2013 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Parkdesigner (Post 21357614)
"no soft landing" on status rule this year

Really ? :confused:

pdsales Aug 29, 2013 11:44 am

What Benefit is it to Know About DEQM in Advance?

Originally Posted by bmchris (Post 20516741)
Actually, giving it more thought, where is the OP coming from? A lot of these DEQM promotions can only be used with ticketing post announcement, so what benefit is it to know about in advance anyway?

Perhaps I am too organized, but I have a list of my scheduled flights through the end of the year and have calculated the shortfall to requalify for EXP.

This will mean taking a few trips to maximize miles with connecting flights instead of maximizing convenience with direct flights.

If I knew that my November and December flights would qualify for DEQM I would know I could requalify for EXP without tweaking my itineraries to max out miles at the expense of convenience.

Parkdesigner Aug 29, 2013 11:49 am

Originally Posted by FabrizioB (Post 21357801)
Really ? :confused:

I'm afraid so.
Lengthy discussion (and confirmation) in this FT thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...confirmed.html

sm82 Aug 29, 2013 1:18 pm

As an EXP sitting at 42k EQM's and only about 20k more anticipated miles this year, I'm relegating myself to a lot more coach bulkhead seats next year. Even with an unforeseen DEQM promo I'm not holding my breath. I guess I can always hope for the unknown bump a few EXP's mentioned last year who had 80k+ miles and were given EXP status for this year.

QueenOfCoach Aug 29, 2013 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by sm82 (Post 21358407)
As an EXP sitting at 42k EQM's and only about 20k more anticipated miles this year, I'm relegating myself to a lot more coach bulkhead seats next year.

I know you'll learn to love Coach.

dmsdfw Aug 29, 2013 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Alex_I (Post 21357283)

Me too - I shall be crossing 150k EQM in a few hours.

tpr Sep 20, 2013 8:28 pm

Let the speculation begin (double EQP/EQM promo)

Looks like I will be short of ~14k points this year to maintain PLT.
I'd consider going somewhere if there's a promo similar to last year's "thank you" (yes, I know it was triggered by the troubles that Sandy brought).

Do you think that we're going to see any incentives to fly in the slow period this year (Oct/Nov)?

3Cforme Sep 20, 2013 8:31 pm

Advanced search string <double, 'eqm'>.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...eqm-promo.html

Antarius Sep 20, 2013 8:31 pm

Thank you was due to AA <redacted by moderator> up with the labor/management fight and causing all kinds of problems.

To answer your post - who knows?

Dallas49er Sep 20, 2013 8:35 pm

I speculate ....no.