FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Patterns & predictions for DEQM / double EQM in 2013 (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1454338-patterns-predictions-deqm-double-eqm-2013-consolidated.html)

MiamiFlyer Sep 4, 2012 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by JNB280 (Post 19251753)
How many business travelers take cruise ships to their destination?

Probably close to zero, but tens of thousands fly AA to get to a cruise ship each week.:rolleyes:

DanMiami Sep 4, 2012 6:54 pm

Love the sarcastic string of useless replies from all of you.

Blumie Sep 4, 2012 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by DanMiami (Post 19253985)

We hope we answered your question.

brp Sep 4, 2012 8:39 pm

As opposed to the possible range of "useful" responses :)

Cheers.

Science Goy Sep 4, 2012 9:49 pm

You're right. I'm sorry. An AA insider actually told me that they'll be offering LAX-DFW DEQM in February and March 2013. Better load up on tickets now, they're gonna sell out when the news is made public!

TR7_DFW Sep 4, 2012 10:40 pm

offering LAX-DFW DEQM in February and March 2013.....they're gonna sell out when the news is made public
Due to the Mayan calendar, I believe purchasing these tickets to be a waste of money.

Science Goy Sep 4, 2012 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by TR7_DFW (Post 19255214)
Due to the Mayan calendar, I believe purchasing these tickets to be a waste of money.

Shhh! ;)

seaskybound Apr 1, 2013 8:21 am

Patterns & predictions for DEQM / double EQM in 2013 (consolidated)

I did a search and could not find anything though I am sure this has been discussed.

Are there any patterns from previous years for DEQM promotions?
Are DEQM promotions for AA metal only or all OW?

bmchris Apr 1, 2013 8:26 am

DEQM is common in my experience on new routes. You'll also see this if there is some snafu by AA, like the "work to rule" by the pilots at the end of last year. End of year is also a possibility.

brp Apr 1, 2013 8:55 am

Originally Posted by seaskybound (Post 20516513)
I did a search and could not find anything though I am sure this has been discussed.

It has been discussed. Many people have come to ask questions about "when will they offer DEQMs?" or "Is there some predictable pattern?" Since the answer is obviously no, that explains why those threads don't garner much activity, just as this one won't. And then someone will ask the same question again.

Cheers.

bmchris Apr 1, 2013 9:02 am

Actually, giving it more thought, where is the OP coming from? A lot of these DEQM promotions can only be used with ticketing post announcement, so what benefit is it to know about in advance anyway?

QueenOfCoach Apr 1, 2013 9:49 am

Sure there is a pattern.

The pattern is that it is unpredictable.

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Apr 1, 2013 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach (Post 20517031)
Sure there is a pattern.

The pattern is that it is unpredictable.

I'm not sure if that's a pattern then. Pattern usually implies some form of regularity.

carlosdca Apr 1, 2013 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin (Post 20517986)
I'm not sure if that's a pattern then. Pattern usually implies some form of regularity.

It is regularly unpredictable.

But I have heard from "very good" sources that there will be DEQM/DEQP for purchased tickets on any Business or First Class fares to/from London in October-December.
;)

LINDEGR Apr 1, 2013 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by bmchris (Post 20516741)
Actually, giving it more thought, where is the OP coming from? A lot of these DEQM promotions can only be used with ticketing post announcement, so what benefit is it to know about in advance anyway?

That is not always the case.